SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m so tired of these Irish stereotypes! Soon as I finish my whiskey I’m gonna kick your ass! Razz

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’m so tired of these Irish stereotypes! Soon as I finish my whiskey I’m gonna kick your ass! Razz

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
To celebrate Bud Light, I bought an 8-pack of Guinness Draught at Kroger last night. Just here to help…
When I hung out with a few co-workers visiting from Cork, they all ordered Budweiser, while we Muricans ordered Guinness, Bass, and various other imported and/or microbrews. To them, Budweiser is the exotic import beer. Fookin' Irish... Big Grin

I'm all for continuing the boycott, but our effort alone will not kill off the brand. AB also has a big presence in the Asian market, especially China. GM, more specifically Buick is thriving there. Budweiser is also perceived as the premium piss water beer there.

Budweiser and its long-time American-imagery campaign, has made an impression into many overseas visitors. This is no different than Jack Daniels, Levi's, Converse, Nike, Disney, Calvin Klien and Ralph Lauren. For them, these brands are Americana, they like the image it projects, it's pure marketing. For us, it seems corny or, put-on as WE know there's many more options that exceed these brands in taste/quality/style but for others, those brands/products are an exotic. I was in a general store in Los Olives recently (outside of Santa Barbara), and a group of German tourists were looking to pick-up a bottle of Jack, the clerk was explaining the other whiskey's they had, telling him Maker's and Beam were similarly priced, and were more popular for them. The buyer went with Jack Daniels, he clearly had his heart set-on it from the start, and it was something familiarly American for him. I go to Yosemite about once a year, its not unusual to see international tourists sucking down a Bud, as in the ENTIRE group, meanwhile you look at Americans' and its either a regional craft brand, an energy brand or, a sugary drink.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile Happy now, stupid?

Bar that kicked out customers after Bud Light controversy makes desperate plea to win back business
quote:
On Thursday night, the bar posted yet another, more conciliatory message that seemed to be welcoming people with different viewpoints on the Bud Light issue, provided they were civil.

The post, which is still up on the bar’s Facebook page, read, "A lot has been said – some correct, and some incorrect – and I want to clarify my stance. What I really want to convey is this: just be respectful. Different opinions are welcome here as long as they are delivered respectfully. We’d no more want ugly, aggressive or rude interactions about which sports team someone thinks is better, than about societal issues."

The substantial post added, "We do not and will not censor opinions, but we do require civility in this establishment. So if you can’t play nice, then get out of the sandbox. That goes for everyone! Let’s remember why we even gather at a bar – to enjoy each other’s company – and raise a glass to civility."

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm curious how this establishment would handle the typical interaction on this topic.

Customer A: Bud really screwed up with that ad, I'll never buy any of their crap again, give me a Coors Lite.

Customer B: You are transphobic and a bigot!!!

Customer A: No, I just don't like this getting rammed down my throat every day.

Customer B: YOU ARE A TERF, JERK!!!!.. FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!

Who are they going to kick out, customer A or B? Who in their opinion was using hate speech?

Be you wish you'd kept your mouth shut don't you?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Just got back from the local grocery, on a beer run. They had plenty of Bud products on hand. May have marked down the price, wasn't sure. It doesn't matter though, bought a 12 pack of Pabst.

As a result of this thread I just bought some Pabst Blue Ribbon myself. First time in decades. The jury’s still out, but it’s better than I remembered. Maybe the new owner has improved it. I certainly don’t regret the purchase.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9474 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I too bought some PBR today.

I was looking for Flight, but it was sold out.

PBR is $10.99 for a 12 pack.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Fairfax Bar & Grill’s initial weigh-in on the cultural issue stated, "We are tired of all of the hate. We are very open to debate and discussion and it’s truly a shame that we can’t have open conversations about this important political and cultural topic. Bars, in our opinion, exist as public spaces where ideas should be exchanged."

It then discouraged boycotters to stay out, adding, "Unfortunately due to all of the bigotry and hatred that has surfaced around the Bud Light controversy any patron wanting to voice their concerns about the issue will be immediately asked to pay their bill and leave our establishment."

--IN OTHER WORDS--

We want open dialogue and ideas, as long as it is in line with OUR dialogue and ideas! If not LEAVE!!!!

Oh wait, uhhh too many of you are leaving, uuhh.. we need the money! Dont leave! Please dont leave!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry fuck-o, you, your bar, your staff and that swill that disguises itself as beer called Bud and Bud Lite can go fuck off.

Like I said before, this is YOUR HILL!
You chose it.
You wanted to waive your flag all proud on it.
You decided to die on it.

But now, that you see what death is like, you want to drop your flag and run off? No, no, no, no, NO!
Now get your ass back on that hill!

We are playing nice! We just decided that we don't like your shitty sandbox, so we took our ball, which happens to look a lot like a Dollar Bill, and we left. Have fun in your lonely sandbox.

By the way- 1st of the Month is coming up soon, the rent is due, light bill too... Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the life of me, I can’t figure out why I should even attempt to think & try to understand someone that is nuts? I just think, WTF?!

If you can’t figure out what sex you are, you expect me to actually give a hoot? Come on, get outta here!

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
For the life of me, I can’t figure out why I should even attempt to think & try to understand someone that is nuts? I just think, WTF?!

If you can’t figure out what sex you are, you expect me to actually give a hoot? Come on, get outta here!

I'll go a step further-
If you can't figure out what sex you are, why should I listen to any decision you ever make?
You have already shown that your decision making ability sucks.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man ain’t that the truth! Absolutely crazy.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
The substantial post added, "We do not and will not censor opinions, but we do require civility in this establishment. So if you can’t play nice, then get out of the sandbox. That goes for everyone!

A call for "civility" from leftoids is just cover. To leftoids, "civility" means agreeing with what THEY say. Your opinion (if it disagrees with theirs) is "hateful" and "disruptive". This is pure double-speak leftoid language.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Bud Light Sales Fall 26% as Transgender Backlash Worsens
Story by Andrew Bary 5/1/23

The Dylan Mulvaney controversy continues to hurt Bud Light.

Beer Business Daily reported Sunday that Bud LIght’s off-premise sales volume–the amount of beer sold outside of restaurants and bars–was down 26.1% from a year earlier in the week ended April 22, based on scan data. Volumes were down 21.1% in the prior week, while so far this year, Bud Light volumes are down 8%.

The figures include sales at grocery stores, convenience stores, and liquor stores.

“The shocking deterioration of Bud Light Blue’s market share continued apace through the third week of April–and actually somehow worsened. We’ve never seen such a dramatic shift in national share in such a short period of time,” Beer Business Daily wrote on its website.

Bud Light has been dealing with the fallout from a social media promotion for its Bud Light beer featuring Mulvaney, a transgender influencer. The promotion prompted a backlash from conservatives on social media and hurt sales of Bud Light, particularly in red states.

The shares of parent Anheuser Busch Inbev (ticker: BUD) were off 0.4% at $64.75 Monday. The company didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

The trade publication and data provider noted that Coors Light volume was up 13.3% in the third week of April, while Miller Lite volume rose 13.6%. The swap in market share between Coors Light and Miller Lite versus Bud Light has been nearly one-for-one, according to Beer Business Daily.

Mulvaney, who has more than 10.8 million social media followers, has worked with high-profile brands such as Nike (NKE). Chosen as a brand promoter by Bud Light during the March Madness college basketball tournament, Mulvaney posted a video of herself on Instagram on April 1 cracking open a can of Bud Light and using the hashtag #budlightpartner. In the video, she showed off a customized can of Bud Light that had her photo on it, to celebrate her 365th day of womanhood.

LINK

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bud Light has been dealing with the fallout from a social media promotion for its Bud Light beer featuring Mulvaney, a transgender influencer. The promotion prompted a backlash from conservatives on social media and hurt sales of Bud Light, particularly in red states.

Everyone keeps missing the fact that Bud Light's marketing idiot was on video dissing their customer base. Even TimCast missed mentioning it when they were talking about it recently. "This is because of the thing..." Yeah, and the flapping gums of the dumbass employee.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

When I hung out with a few co-workers visiting from Cork, they all ordered Budweiser, while we Muricans ordered Guinness, Bass, and various other imported and/or microbrews. To them, Budweiser is the exotic import beer. Fookin' Irish... Big Grin

Back in 2012 we did 10 or so days in Ireland and Northern Ireland for our honeymoon and I was really surprised to see American Budweiser on draft at every pub we visited from big cities like Dublin and Belfast all the way to the little towns and villages along the way.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mulvaney, who has more than 10.8 million social media followers, has worked with high-profile brands such as Nike (NKE). Chosen as a brand promoter by Bud Light during the March Madness college basketball tournament, Mulvaney posted a video of herself on Instagram on April 1 cracking open a can of Bud Light and using the hashtag #budlightpartner. In the video, she showed off a customized can of Bud Light that had her photo on it, to celebrate her 365th day of womanhood.

Roll Eyes Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone keeps missing the fact that Bud Light's marketing idiot was on video dissing their customer base.

Yep a lot selective or cherry picking reporting going on these days.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
https://www.westernjournal.com...h-giving-away-point/

quote:
One Costco location was seen over the weekend with slashed prices for Bud Light beer as Anheuser-Busch InBev continues to navigate the fallout of its decision to partner up with transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15863 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
https://www.westernjournal.com...h-giving-away-point/

quote:
One Costco location was seen over the weekend with slashed prices for Bud Light beer as Anheuser-Busch InBev continues to navigate the fallout of its decision to partner up with transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Holy cow! The cheapest store near me sells mass produced domestic light at $9.99 a six pack. That's 1/4 of that price. Even at Costco those big packs of cheap beer is $28 +/-$2 at Costco. Which is still double that price. They have to be selling that at a pretty big loss.

ETA, as said below, I remember Costco selling 30 packs and my stated above pricing was assuming 30 packs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post