SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
They blew it big time, this could have been an opportunity to get the customers back, but they doubled down on the insanity of calling your customers uneducated non inclusive frat boy red necks who just don't get it.

Take it down, take it all the way down, burn down all those who suffer from it, until the market understands, ESG and Transgender politics don't belong in the corporate world, you could lose everything.

Bud Light getting hammered into obscurity is the best thing that can happen to kill this ridiculous fight to push social politics into corporate product marketing for political points.

I couldn't have said it better!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It seems like the most obvious thing would be to know your customers and try not to piss them off or insult them.

Acknowledging that would be a good first step.

Gotta wonder if the corporate pukes feel the same way about the brand’s customers and only fired the woke princess because the plan imploded so spectacularly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It seems like the most obvious thing would be to know your customers and try not to piss them off or insult them.

Most brand's marketing and PR groups are hyper focused on 'appealing to new generation of customers' while ignoring their longtime customers. Its almost like the parenting methods of the 90's, where 'trophies for everyone' and 'participation awards', have migrated into the corporate world where companies think they need to cater and do focused out-reach to specific affinity groups, while simultaneously ignoring not only their long-time consumers but, also forgetting what they make and why.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just ‘one single can’ sent to one influencer

So not only are they clueless about their customer base, they also don't know how to count cans.

Posts: 9425 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
500 hundred company wrecking cans of beer on the wall, 500 cans of beer, if one of those cans should happen to fall.......

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

Only problem is they're asking 20 dollars for a six pack.

link

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10859 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
With Sales Crushed, Anheuser-Busch Tells Wholesalers to Give Bud Light Beer Away Free to Employees Before Expiration Date

Here we go. Hard data is now starting to surface showing the devastating impact of the Anheuser-Busch decision to rebrand Budweiser products as the beer for the transgender community. The #1 and #2 best selling beers in the United States are now fully rebranded to consumers and destroyed. Now we see the ramifications.

The irony of Budweiser creating the “born on” date and freshness date system in the beer industry is just too damned funny, here’s why.

Across the United States, wholesalers are on the hook for inventories of Bud Light and Budweiser products that no one is buying. These products have an expiration date, thanks in part to the previously mentioned freshness campaign long ago created. The wholesalers have to swap out the close-dated products that are not being sold in retailers and restaurants. The wholesalers are then stuck with out-of-date product, and turn back to the corporate office for help.

From reporting in the Wall Street Journal, Anheuser-Busch (A/B) is telling the wholesalers to give the product free to their employees rather than dump it. By law, they cannot give it away to consumers, and they cannot cross promote the beer by “bundling” alcohol with another CPG product (ie, buy chips, get free beer).

The story is being promoted as A/B being magnanimous in giving the beer to the employees; however, in reality as the product hits its expiration or sell-by date, A/B only has that option, other than to dump it in the garbage and recycle the containers. There is so much unsold inventory, data below, they are now giving it away (lol).

https://theconservativetreehou...ore-expiration-date/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24639 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

Only problem is they're asking 20 dollars for a six pack.

Haha, what? How are they selling that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
<snip>
Time is the only solution. Time and silence.

With this mod: Apology, silence, time.

Apology, silence, time, and MAKE BETTER BEER!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32052 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The story is being promoted as A/B being magnanimous in giving the beer to the employees; however, in reality as the product hits its expiration or sell-by date, A/B only has that option, other than to dump it in the garbage and recycle the containers. There is so much unsold inventory, data below, they are now giving it away (lol).

Glorious, not only did they step on their dicks, more than once, then go outside and stepped on them again, now having to eat inventory of all the wholesalers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a class action suit by the wholesalers and distributors over the losses if AB doesn't cover the costs of lost inventory.

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Back when I was with a company that supplied equipment to AB facilities we were told that every employee is provided with a chit/token/ticket each pay period that allows them to redeem it for a portion their favorite AB product at the AB store.

They've been giving their product to employees as part of their compensation package for a long time.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Tim Pool, I think earlier this week, called for Bud to just terminate the brand Bud Light. Just end it. Pull the plug. She's done. There is no returning.

Not a beer drinker at all, but that would be an interesting process to watch. I'd love to see it.

Sometimes you just need to wipe the operating system and start fresh with PC's... seems like a similar scenario.

Posts: 6459 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They've been giving their product to employees as part of their compensation package for a long time.

This is different. This is employees of DISTRIBUTORS.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24639 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
From the article cited by chellim1:
quote:

“However, when faced with anti-LGBTQ+ and transphobic criticism..."
It isn't "anti-LGBTQ+" and "transphobia." I am not anti-LGBTQ+ and I'm certainly not afraid of trans people.

What I am is fed up with being told how to think and feel. What I am fed up with is people demanding special treatment because of who they are, what demographic they claim to represent, or whatever.

Here's what your efforts have wrought: Today I have a more negative perception of all things LGBTQ+ and trans people than I used to--in much the same way I now have a more jaundiced view of the "black community" than I used to.

In fact there was once a time I hadn't negative views of either.

Well done, activists. Well done

Keep digging.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although I understand how current efforts by people and groups are driving divisiveness rather than acceptance of differences, I’ve seen more than one recent comment indicating a belief that “phobia” means only one thing: an irrational fear of something.

It’s a less common definition, but traditionally phobia can also mean hatred of, aversion to, or avoidance of something.

I am phobic about large insects, not because I fear them, but because of a feeling of disgust. Why that is, I’m not sure because I like snakes and although I wouldn’t want a tarantula crawling on my face, spiders don’t affect me the way a large cockroach does. I found a spider in my kitchen sink this morning and I carefully put it outside where the hunting would be better for it.

This is a definition excerpt from the online Merriam-Webster dictionary:
1: exaggerated fear of
2: intolerance or aversion for

Therefore transphobic can mean dislike of a group or individual because of their transgenderism, but without meaning fear of them.

6.4/93.6

“I regret that I am to now die in the belief, that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776, to acquire self-government and happiness to their country, is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be, that I live not to weep over it.”
— Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 47719 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
Tim Pool, I think earlier this week, called for Bud to just terminate the brand Bud Light. Just end it. Pull the plug. She's done. There is no returning.

I agree, many people who dropped it will likely not return. What's different about Bud-Light is that it is not a highly sought after product, it is not distinct or special like Classic Coke was, or even Coors Banquet, which still has a following. Bud-Light is an easy product to drop out of one's life and simply move on to a similar one like Miller Lite or Coors Light. There wasn't a dedicated fanbase to Bud-Light, it was more marketing and availability than actual allegiance to a product.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17193 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Wow... We just got dissed again! This time from the big boss--CEO of AB InBev.

"...company CEO Michel Dimitrios Doukeris doesn't seem too worried about the backlash. "

"...AB InBev wants investors to know that it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market."

---------------
Anheuser-Busch Inbev (BUD) - Get Free Report -- the parent company of Budweiser -- has found itself at the center of the culture wars on social media in recent weeks.

Repercussions surfaced after the company's decision to hire a transgender spokesperson for a Bud Light ad campaign, but company CEO Michel Dimitrios Doukeris doesn't seem too worried about the backlash.

While Doukeris confirmed reports about a significant decline in sales since the controversy erupted -- Bud Light sales volume in the U.S. declined over the first three weeks of April -- he also stated that his company is well-equipped to handle the pressure thanks to its global portfolio.

DON'T MISS: AB InBev's Latest Move Has Made a Bad Situation Worse

"With respect to the current situation and the impact of Bud Light sales, it is too early to have a full view -- Bud Light's volume decline... would represent around 1% of our overall global volumes for that period," Doukeris said on the company's earnings call.

"With this perspective and in the context of our global business, we believe we have the experience, the resources and the partners to manage this."

The results from the quarter lend credence to this theory as Anheuser-Busch saw its first-quarter profit jump nearly 14% year over year to $4.76 billion because of the higher prices the company charged in the quarter.

The company raised the price of its alcohol and its fans didn't flinch.

Meanwhile, the company continues to distance itself from Dylan Mulvaney, the spokesperson at the center of the controversy.

"We will need to continue to clarify the facts. -- that this was one camp, one influence on a post and not a campaign," Doukeris said.

But even while doing so, AB InBev wants investors to know that it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market.

"Bud Light is very important to our U.S. business, and I would never minimize the situation. However, seeing the context of our global company provides perspective," Doukeris said.

But that doesn't mean the company is giving up on Bud Light. To the contrary, AB InBev plans to triple its ad spend on the brand this summer.
---------------

It seems the US market is irrelevant to them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
InBev plans to triple its ad spend on the brand this summer.

The most telling statement in the article; you don’t go into advertising overdrive for a product you’re not all that worried about.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Therefore transphobic can mean dislike of a group or individual because of their transgenderism, but without meaning fear of them.
Do you seriously believe for a moment that's what the LGBTQ+ promotionalists mean to convey when they accuse people of transphobia?

Hardly. They mean to portray anybody who expresses disagreement with them as suffering from irrational fear--with an emphasis on "irrational."

"...AB InBev wants investors to know that it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market." -- A-B InBev CEO Michel Dimitrios Doukeris

Hahaha! Keep shootin', Tex. Ya got a couple toes left

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post