SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I had a conversation with a guy that thinks everything is fine with bud light and is not going to discontinue buying it because of some "silliness". I tried to explain that it is part of a larger assault on women. The men in women's sports, a man winning woman of the year, and now a tranny on a bud light can is all designed to remove power from women.
I was called a conspiracy theorist and told to get off the Trump train and come back to reality.

If this is reality, I don't want to leave my fantasy land.

These people are lost. They are so wrapped up in their hatred of Trump, most of them because they just didn't like his attitude and personality, they can't see any facts. Funny how intolerant the tolerant become when something crosses their bow that they don't like.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:

I don't give a fuck about women's rights when it comes to the trans taking them over. Women have to take responsibility and fight that battle and when they do they'll have my support.

I hope you are supporting Ms. Riley Gaines then.

https://rumble.com/v2gs3yc-tra...ks-riley-gaines.html

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Boycotting Bud Light isn't a statement about hating on trans people or defending women's rights. I don't give a fuck about women's rights when it comes to the trans taking them over. Women have to take responsibility and fight that battle and when they do they'll have my support. I will not, however, go out of my way to defend them on an issue where they won't even defend themselves.

How about defending the Truth then? You care at all about that?

Because really, no one actually cares much about women's sports. Some do of course, but the real battle here is fighting for Truth, and that's worth it my opinion.

If the leftist power elite can make people believe that 2 + 2 = 5, not just say it but really believe it, then they have become their master. And if they can make people believe that a man can literally become a woman...well, then they can make them believe anything.

That's the fight. Sit on the sideline if you want, but I'm sure as hell not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
To celebrate Bud Light, I bought an 8-pack of Guinness Draught at Kroger last night. Just here to help…
When I hung out with a few co-workers visiting from Cork, they all ordered Budweiser, while we Muricans ordered Guinness, Bass, and various other imported and/or microbrews. To them, Budweiser is the exotic import beer. Fookin' Irish... Big Grin

I'm all for continuing the boycott, but our effort alone will not kill off the brand. AB also has a big presence in the Asian market, especially China. GM, more specifically Buick is thriving there. Budweiser is also perceived as the premium piss water beer there.

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Pretend this site had the like button. Amen brother!

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The Bud Light marketing is, in isolation, not a big deal. Companies do stupid shit all the time. Some stores put rainbow flags in their front window. Venues offer events for various demographics. None of us would care if Budweiser had a beer tent at a gay pride parade. That would just be them trying to sell more beer.

Even if a company stupidly alienates their core customer base, that is part of the natural order of free enterprise.

What the Bud Light thing shows us is that we are in a widespread culture war. It isn't just Bud Light. They are the last straw, or getting close to it. Woke ESG has become commonplace where businesses are engaging in political activism. It is obvious to all of us, and we do not want it to continue, so thus the reaction.

It is much bigger than just Bud Light, and that is why it is a big deal.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The Hill has a piece that says the trans community is demanding that AB reaffirm their support for the trans community.

Calling their lack of reaffirming actions inadequate, they want AB to stand up and stand for trans rights.

This is going to be good.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Like I wrote several pages back: They've got themselves stuck to a tar baby right properly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
The Hill has a piece that says the trans community is demanding that AB reaffirm their support for the trans community.

Calling their lack of reaffirming actions inadequate, they want AB to stand up and stand for trans rights.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder that since InBev is a Belgian company that some of their “European Tolerance” has filtered down into the marketing dept. I know that the AB President and that marketing genius are Americans but I still can’t help but wonder…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no appeasing GDC’s, ever!

They want the totality of power in their hands, and complete subordination of the populace they enslave to whatever rules, ukases, laws and correct-think that they deem necessary to manipulate and control them.

They are unflinchingly ruthless and will cancel, inflict suffering upon and kill if necessary whoever does not bend at the knee before them.

The GDC’s usually always tell us exactly what their plans are for their subjects.

“It is not enough to simply beat Trump. He must be destroyed thoroughly. His kind must not rise again.”

— David Plouffe (@davidplouffe) June 13, 2016

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I have to wonder that since InBev is a Belgian company that some of their “European Tolerance” has filtered down into the marketing dept. I know that the AB President and that marketing genius are Americans but I still can’t help but wonder…

It's a good point. Europe is ahead of the commie curve.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Boycotting Bud Light isn't a statement about hating on trans people or defending women's rights. I don't give a fuck about women's rights when it comes to the trans taking them over. Women have to take responsibility and fight that battle and when they do they'll have my support. I will not, however, go out of my way to defend them on an issue where they won't even defend themselves.

Because really, no one actually cares much about women's sports. Some do of course, but the real battle here is fighting for Truth, and that's worth it my opinion.

If the leftist power elite can make people believe that 2 + 2 = 5, not just say it but really believe it, then they have become their master. And if they can make people believe that a man can literally become a woman...well, then they can make them believe anything.

Make no mistake I am not a supporter of the trans movement. My comment about not giving a fuck is in regards to women not doing their part for boycotts and organized protests. Do you think Bud Light's sales dropped because women stopped drinking Bud Light over a trans spokesperson? Bud Light got slaughtered over the VP of Marketing taking a piss on it's loyal fanbase: men and men are the ones who stopped drinking it.

Bud Light shoving an agenda down our throats is one thing. Accepting transgenders as "women" to represent a brand or allowing them to compete as women in sports is something else. I'm all for fighting on principal. However, imagine back in the 1800s if African Americans weren't willing to fight for their freedom. Why should other people put their lives on the line and die for a group of people who aren't fighting for themselves to be free? That's the point I was making. Women, not men, need to step up and reject the notion that a man who puts on a dress magically becomes a woman because he thinks so.

quote:

Thank you for making my point. Transactivists attack a woman for trying to defend women's rights and where's the other women coming to her defense? Where's the protests demanding accountability? Fucking crickets. Women need to wake up and smell the coffee because men protesting and fighting on their behalf isn't enough.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

These companies are concerned about maintaining or, attaining favorable grades given out by single-interest organizations. Getting a grade-F from Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety is a point of pride for 2A supporters, same also for these alphabet organizations which lobby and help craft policy & legislation to support their cause. If you're a financial management company that's adopted ESG policies that your analysts need to factor, these grades get included into their metrics, thus they can force companies seeking investment support to comply.
quote:
Thank you for making my point. Transactivists attack a woman for trying to defend women's rights and where's the other women coming to her defense? Where's the protests demanding accountability? Fucking crickets. Women need to wake up and smell the coffee because men protesting and fighting on their behalf isn't enough.

You're not wrong however, the crux is you're not going to find those loud, opposing voices on mainstream platforms. Carlson was arguably the most visible and the only voice of opposition to the culture wars on a main stream media platform...now that he's gone, what remains are soft, pliable, unknowns that don't have the same impact.

You won't see these women getting guest appearances for their opinions, they're correct....Mulvaney likely isn't trans-gender but, playing a caricature of a women, being a ditzy girl, not a women. It likes playing dress-up and being melodramatic.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Make no mistake I am not a supporter of the trans movement. My comment about not giving a fuck is in regards to women not doing their part for boycotts and organized protests. Do you think Bud Light's sales dropped because women stopped drinking Bud Light over a trans spokesperson? Bud Light got slaughtered over the VP of Marketing taking a piss on it's loyal fanbase: men and men are the ones who stopped drinking it.

Bud Light shoving an agenda down our throats is one thing. Accepting transgenders as "women" to represent a brand or allowing them to compete as women in sports is something else. I'm all for fighting on principal. However, imagine back in the 1800s if African Americans weren't willing to fight for their freedom. Why should other people put their lives on the line and die for a group of people who aren't fighting for themselves to be free? That's the point I was making. Women, not men, need to step up and reject the notion that a man who puts on a dress magically becomes a woman because he thinks so.

quote:

One woman speaking out is Martina Navratilova, a well respected, and very famous tennis player.

What's interesting here is that she is lesbian, came "out" in the '80s.
Twice now she has spoken out being against trans women - men - competing in women's sports.

The link below is from two days ago. For brevity's sake, I won't paste the article. She's calling out Lia Thomas for complaining feminists aren't supporting "her".

NY Post article

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess she got brave again.

A couple of years ago, she called transgenders cheats and got raked over the coals by her peers and everyone, forcing her to apologize. I'm glad she's taking them on again.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been following this whole trans movement pretty closely and I'm aware a FEW women have publicly spoken against it.

It's not nearly enough. Not even close.

Have any of you talked with women under 30 on the issue? Most of them don't care or think it's "normal." Fucking NORMAL. Blame the schools. Blame social media. Blame the politicians. It doesn't matter. Our country is fucked on so many different levels and this whole trans issue is just icing on the cake about how placated and uninformed people, especially women, are on the issues.

Not to stray too far off topic but there's a reason why men aren't dating and getting married like we used to. It's because women, especially younger women, are so delusional with their perceptions of reality and what it should be that any rational male would have to ignore all the red flags and betray his natural instincts to get seriously involved with a woman these days. Like I said before: when the women, especially the younger women, start putting together a proper counter offensive to this trans bullshit, I'll be in full support. Until then, I'm not going to "white knight" and argue with people over something they should be able to figure out themselves if they had a shred of common sense. For anything trans related I'll vote accordingly. But to argue with someone and try to change their mind like the poster above, I have better things to do with my time.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That video Corsair posted is spot on. That guy is creepy and deluded. He almost makes Michael Jackson seem normal.

Every thing about that guy is demented. 20 years ago he'd have likely earned a 24hr psych hold.

I also agree this is just a lot of look at me, and he figured out exactly how to get the entire world to focus on him. In that he's been successful and has created an absolute mess because of it. There is a lesson here.....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

To them, Budweiser is the exotic import beer. Fookin' Irish... Big Grin

In their defense, it does contain alcohol.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32054 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
In Europe Budweiser is generally thought of as the absolutely superb Czech lager from whom AB bought the Budweiser name after WWI or II (I forget which). It's called Budvar/Budwesier on the label and it truly is one of the world's best beers. They have to go by the name Czechvar in the US and only were allowed to even do that starting around 2000. I can't imagine any European wanting an AB Budweiser at any price.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post