SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’d be a little pissed off if I was an AB distributor…

Posts: 506 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Yeah... Don Jr. saying what he thinks he needs to say.

What was that saying? Better to keep your mouth shut and being thought of a fool than to open your pie hole and remove all doubt.

Q

Posts: 27621 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This boycott will not be the demise of Anheuser-Busch, of course, and I don't give the first shit about this boycott affecting this corporation's ability to donate to the Republican party. Don, Jr would have done himself and the rest of us a favor by just keeping his mouth shut.

What's important is the public revolt against this silly shit and this clueless leftist VP with her "elevating" and "inclusivity" meaningless buzzword crap. The effect this uproar will have on potential campaigns in the future is significant, and the more that people bitch and the more that Bud Light's sales drop, the better it is for all the sane Americans.

Fuck the Republican party and, in this case, fuck Donald Trump, Jr. President Trump, have a talk with your boy, will ya?

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently just crossed $7B. That is darn impressive right there. It must be some sort of a record for the amount lost in the shortest time due to a failed marketing scheme.

If her goal was to put a bullet in the head of a failing brand, she succeeded.

$7bn what? The stock price has almost completely recovered, it’s “down” 1.5% from the March 31 high but actually up over 8% over the past month.

AB InBev has a market cap of $112bn+, so even a minor percentage swing is “billions”.

As of Friday's close it's down 3.8%. I don't know where you're getting 1.5%. Regardless, the stock price is irrelevant. Blackrock and all the other asset managers who choose the investments for the average American's retirement account can prop up InBev's price along with all the other "woke" companies and artificially inflate them despite their revenues and fundamentals taking a hit... until it crashes that is. The whole market is a house of cards propped up by bullshit valuations and hype. Americans need to start taking control of their own investments and stop leaving it to funds managed by a bunch of ideological, liberal fat cats who think they're actually worth the 8 figure salaries/bonuses they give themselves.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
As of Friday's close it's down 3.8%. I don't know where you're getting 1.5%. Regardless, the stock price is irrelevant. Blackrock and all the other asset managers who choose the investments for the average American's retirement account can prop up InBev's price along with all the other "woke" companies and artificially inflate them despite their revenues and fundamentals taking a hit... until it crashes that is. The whole market is a house of cards propped up by bullshit valuations and hype. Americans need to start taking control of their own investments and stop leaving it to funds managed by a bunch of ideological, liberal fat cats who think they're actually worth the 8 figure salaries/bonuses they give themselves.

I’m in agreement with you.

My calculation was close 3/30 to after hours 4/14, it’s since shifted a bit. My only point was that we shouldn’t be trumpeting stock prices or market valuations as some “win” against AbInbev. Our win comes from awareness, outrage, and hopefully impact to the market share of Bud Light.

When we use hyper emotional numbers that have no bearing on reality, we resemble the left more than anything. The facts are on our side; use those instead.

Posts: 2348 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Anheuser Busch can't wrap themselves up in the flag for forgiveness. It is no longer an American company. The Busch family sold out to foreigners, took the money, and had a reality TV show on MTV!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
My sister and BIL went to the St. Louis Cardinals game the other day. And for those of you who don’t know, up until InBev bought AB, St. Louis was the world HQ for AB.

Hence the Clydesdales and beer wagon circling the field on opening day while the AB song played. The fans would clap and generally get very excited for the “show”.

At the game they attended they played the song while playing a video of the Clydesdales. Then it happened…nothing…no fan reaction at all. No clapping no nothing.

Ordinarily the cameramen show videos of excited fans who are enjoying the spectacle as well as the fact they’re on the big screen. When they panned around during the AB theme song they couldn’t find anyone expressing joy/excitement.

My sister and brother-in-law told me it was surreal.

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My sister and brother-in-law told me it was surreal.

Wow. I wonder what beer sales were like.
Do they even sell non-AB products in the stadium?

ETA: Yes, they do:

But in recent years, you may have noticed a gradual uptick in gameday options beyond the boring old Bud. Even in Busch Stadium (named after the family once MLB nixed Budweiser Stadium; Busch beer, an allegedly Bavarian-style lager came later), fans can easily find a 4Hands City Wide Pils, a Schlafly White Lager kellerbier or Urban Chestnut’s Musial-commemorating #6 Classic American Lager along the concourse. That’s because independent breweries in St. Louis, like those across the country, are finally trying their hands at brewing lagers.

https://www.riverfronttimes.co...randpas-bud-39768799

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The Bud Lights are fagalicious! -said no one ever.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We got 'em on the run. They're waving the flag at us.

Assholes Razz

Budweiser releases new pro-America ad with iconic mascot in wake of Anheuser-Busch Mulvaney controversy

Predictably pathetic

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Sorry but Bud Light is now known as "Tranny Fluid".

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes the new Bud ad w the horse comes across as totally phony.

It is actually quite insulting.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "powers that be" seem to not be very sure of just how to handle this shit pile!!! NEVER admit that you just fucked up.

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
yes the new Bud ad w the horse comes across as totally phony.

It is actually quite insulting.
No matter how good an ad they put out, most will still consider it a pathetic attempt at pandering.

AB's CEO trying to deflect blame away from Alissa Heiner-scheiße by trying to pass it off as a rogue act by some low level staffer has basically doomed that entire department.

At this point, nothing short of a very public dismissal of that woke VP and an Elon Musk-like purging of their marketing department will appease the angry masses.

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We got 'em on the run. They're waving the flag at us.

Assholes Razz

Budweiser releases new pro-America ad with iconic mascot in wake of Anheuser-Busch Mulvaney controversy

Predictably pathetic

I couldn't even finish it. Fuck them.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I just saw that Modello is an InBev/Anheiser-Busch product.

I had been drinking that lately.
No more.

Back to Yuengling and Sam Adams.

Glad to hear that. In my stores Yuengling comes only in bottles. Too heavy, so I prefer cans. I’ve been buying Sapporo, which is good, but lacks character. I’m going to try Sam Adams again.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9474 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
At this point, nothing short of a very public dismissal of that woke VP and an Elon Musk-like purging of their marketing department will appease the angry masses.
At this point they're just plain screwed. Let's say they do reverse course. Even if that worked, which is by no means guaranteed, they'd then raise the ire of the very vocal Wokenistas and their supporters. Sure, they weren't Bud Light, or likely Bud-anything, customers, but, man, can they ever be noisy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
At this point they're just plain screwed. Let's say they do reverse course. Even if that worked, which is by no means guaranteed, they'd then raise the ire of the very vocal Wokenistas and their supporters. Sure, they weren't Bud Light, or likely Bud-anything, customers, but, man, can they ever be noisy.

There's a way to avoid that trap. Sell products, do non-controversial marketing campaigns, and when asked about the hot button topics say "we don't weigh in on politics, we sell beer."

Pretty simple if you ask me but I'm just done dumb blue collar worker. What do I know about marketing inexpensive beer to people who rather not think about their beer's politics?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post