SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth:

"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people"
I know how he feels. Once, I went to a pot festival by mistake.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
WTF does that mean? Sounds like a politician using a bunch of words and saying nothing.

Yeah, it sounds just like these Biden nominees for various seats and positions, their answers when getting grilled by Sen. Ted Cruz or Sen. John Kennedy. Just vapid, empty bullshit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer," he continued. "My time serving this country taught me the importance of accountability...

So... when is Alissa Heinerscheid, Bud Light's VP of marketing, going to be held accountable?

As Hildur said:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
The real backlash isn't because Bud Light partnered with some tranny and made some commemorative cans. Bud Light has been partnering with controversial figures/groups for decades. They just did it in a way that wasn't in our faces. The backlash comes from the VP of Marketing going on a podcast and openly slamming the current demographic of Bud Light and prior marketing (that was the best, most effective marketing I've ever seen) while bragging about ditching both for "the future" of diversity and inclusiveness. Consumers don't want a political agenda shoved down our throats and when the VP of Marketing openly confirms that, then they get what they get.

That's all on Alissa, 100%.
She's the one who insulted her brand's core demographic in order to advance her own woke agenda.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
A non-statement.

Looks like they're trying to hide hoping this blows over. I'm hoping it doesn't.
Probably the worst move. Best to at least TRY to make amends, not avoid reality.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth:

"Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation."
Bud Light is not and never was a "great beer." It had, had, great marketing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting body language video on the woman.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read an article that it’s been estimated that dylan commands $50-100k per endorsement based on his reliable follower numbers. I strongly doubt “a low level staffer” had the juice to sign off on paying that much.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people.

No, you thought this would be a cute exercise and inexpensive endorsement $50 to $100K is nothing to AB's total ad budget where you claimed inclusivity and added to your ESG points with a week or month of marketing.

The month where companies "slap the Gaybow" on their web page costs them nothing. Nobody complains when AB put s up a rainbow logo to stand with LBGTQ et all because nobody really looks at it. Like all the other specialty months we all just try and ignore the ignorance of such things and go on with our lives.

You just didn't realize that the mood in the country was tipping over the edge on having Transgender Queer males pushed in our faces every day. The tragedy in Nashville by a Transqueer killing little kids should have been a clue that maybe it's not a good time to run this stuff, pull the ad spots back and re-evaluate that position.

That wasn't even a good try, should have said, "Well, we really screwed this up, and we're getting out of this ESG pushed agenda and going back to selling beer, this was a stupid idea, and we canned Alissa"

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
This is an interesting body language video on the woman.

The SIZE of her fingers!
Is this what's called Autistic hands? Everybody I've known with elongated digits always seemed to have a personality quirk, disorder or, idiosyncrasy.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Watching that fool talk was physically painful. I made it about a minute.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently just crossed $7B. That is darn impressive right there. It must be some sort of a record for the amount lost in the shortest time due to a failed marketing scheme.

If her goal was to put a bullet in the head of a failing brand, she succeeded.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently just crossed $7B. That is darn impressive right there. It must be some sort of a record for the amount lost in the shortest time due to a failed marketing scheme.

If her goal was to put a bullet in the head of a failing brand, she succeeded.

$7bn what? The stock price has almost completely recovered, it’s “down” 1.5% from the March 31 high but actually up over 8% over the past month.

AB InBev has a market cap of $112bn+, so even a minor percentage swing is “billions”.

Posts: 2348 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting too old to care much about anything, but this, this, along with the energy department screw up, is too freaking much. Makes me a damn hater, boomer, intolerant asshole I guess. I'm not ready for this shit and I'm glad my parents have passed and don't get to see it......

I have LGBT fiends that have earned my utmost respect. But they keep a low profile, don't flaunt it too much. Would I mess with them if it wasn't against the law? No freaking way and I'd mess up anyone that did, to the best of my limited abilities.

But total acceptance and respect for the person does not mean I totally accept or respect the lifestyle choice. The word abomination comes to mind. A really harsh word. Heck, I'm not even religious and I seized on that word to explain my discomfort with this lifestyle being thrown in my face.

That's the rub I think, flaunted, in your face, total lack of discretion. I see it everywhere. Here, this is right...accept it or else. You'll get a label if you don't except it.....

I'm not ready for it, I don't think a lot of America is ready for it, I don't any want kids to see it, I'm happy my parents can't see it.

Take me now Lord or give me strength here...shit's getting deep...

Posts: 392 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m not ‘anti’ anyone. I don’t care what the next does, don’t really want it shoved in my face though. I also don’t like artificial efforts that try to make certain behaviors ‘normalize’, which aren’t.

Specifically to A.B., look at the consumer of the product, total fail with this ad scheme. What’s next, Ruger having an anti-gunner hollywierd type as a promoter?

They need to get rid of Alissa, but that’s only the start. I see lingering effects. It’s so easy for me to avoid A.B. products it’s almost a non event. Yeah, I have to skim the list to remind myself of all the products.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not that it is just ‘shoved in our faces’, which is bad enough, but tptb DEMAND that you acknowledge, embrace and support whatever is shoved in your face whether you want to or not, and if you don’t there can be and will be severe consequences for you and your family.

It’s what the GDC’s do, it is what they have always done and it is insidious.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently just crossed $7B.
$7bn what?
Market cap: Bud Light's parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev has lost more than $6 BILLION in market cap in just six days after Dylan Mulvaney partnership sparked backlash.

The story was two days ago and the chart three. Dunno where it was at the close, yesterday.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dunno where it was at the close, yesterday.

64.56 +0.22 (+0.34%)
At close: April 14 04:00PM EDT

But the stock price isn't what really matters. That's short term gain/loss.
It's the market share that ultimately matters.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hey, as long as the cash is coming in, who cares, right, Don?

Donald Trump Jr. opposes Bud Light boycott, citing company's donations to Republicans

Published April 15, 2023 3:49pm EDT
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Donald Trump Jr. defended beer conglomerate Anheuser-Busch on his podcast Thursday, urging listeners not to continue boycotting the company.

Trump claimed that the company was too "iconic" to continue boycotting, and that the executives have learned a lesson.

"So here’s the deal. Anheuser-Busch totally sh*t the bed with this Dylan Mulvaney thing. I’m not, though, for destroying an American, an iconic company for something like this," Trump Jr. said.

The beer company has faced intense criticism in recent weeks following the announcement it was partnering with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

"When I actually look into it, I'm not gonna blame the whole company for the inaction or the stupidity of someone in a marketing campaign that got woke as hell," Trump said of the collaboration on Thursday.

Trump cited Anheuser-Busch's record of donating slightly more to conservative politicians than liberal ones as reason to keep buying their beer.

"The company itself doesn’t participate in the same leftist nonsense as the other big conglomerates," Trump said. "Frankly, they don’t participate in the same woke garbage that other people in the beer industry actually do, who are significantly worse offenders when I looked into it. But if they do this again, then it’s on them! Then, screw them."

Mulvaney, a trans activist and social media influencer who gained prominence when given an opportunity to interview President Biden about LGBTQ issues in 2022, revealed earlier this month that the beer company sent packs of Bud Light with her face printed on the cans as part of an ad for the beer company’s March Madness contest and as a way to celebrate a full year of "girlhood."

Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth published a lengthy statement Friday, hoping to tamp down the animosity aimed at Bud Light and its parent company.

"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer," Whitworth said. "My time serving this country taught me the importance of accountability and the values upon which America was founded: freedom, hard work and respect for one another.

He added, "As CEO of Anheuser-Busch, I am focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage."

The statement received criticism from both sides of the transgender issue, with social media users asking what the message was supposed to be.

Q

Posts: 27621 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That was dumb.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, as long as the cash is coming in, who cares, right, Don?

Donald Trump Jr. opposes Bud Light boycott, citing company's donations to Republicans

Yeah... Don Jr. saying what he thinks he needs to say.
BUT it won't affect me one bit. I still won't buy it.
Has Alissa been fired yet?

quote:
"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer," he continued. "My time serving this country taught me the importance of accountability...

So... when is Alissa Heinerscheid, Bud Light's VP of marketing, going to be held accountable?

-rduckwor