SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The bar is getting trounced on Yelp.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fairf...bloomington?start=10

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We are tired of all of the hate. We are very open to debate and discussion and it’s truly a shame that we can’t have open conversations about this important political and cultural topic. Bars, in our opinion, exist as public spaces where ideas should be exchanged," The Fairfax Bar and Grill wrote in a Facebook post. "Unfortunately due to all of the bigotry and hatred that has surfaced around the Bud Light controversy any patron wanting to voice their concerns about the issue will be immediately asked to pay their bill and leave our establishment."

Everyone's gotta pick their "Hill to die on". I guess this one is theirs. My only advice is STAND ON THAT HILL! WAIVE THAT FLAG PROUDLY, AND DONT DROP IT!

When they close shop in 3 months because of their lack of revenue, oh well... Roll Eyes
But whatever they do, please don't blame the customers that CHOSE to spend their almighty dollar somewhere else where they are tolerated and don't have to put up with the bullshit.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
gays and feminists are no longer in vogue

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Typical university town with a large population of stupid, woke idiots.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Typical university town with a large population of stupid, woke idiots.
^^^ This, IU is there.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The bar is getting trounced on Yelp.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fairf...bloomington?start=10
So Yelp! has temporarily closed comments so they can figure out which ones are real customer comments and which are protest comments, in the meantime, there's this:
quote:

Bloomington has been in need of a gay bar since Bullwinkles went out of business. Fairfax fills that void.

Some of the comments claim the bar is trying to push Bud Light on customers. I wonder if this whole thing doesn't stem from the bar having a crap-ton of Tranny Fluid on-hand and doesn't want to get stuck with it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They wanted attention with their stupid-ass virtue-signalling and they got it. Enjoy.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Bud Light to spend 'heavily' on marketing after Dylan Mulvaney controversy

How about just coming forward and speaking the fucking truth? How about speaking candidly and honestly? "We made a terrible mistake. We misjudged our loyal customers and we apologize and we hope you will forgive us and remain loyal to us. We need you, our customers. Without you, we cannot survive."

Is that just fucking beyond your abilities? To cut the bullshit and speak from the heart and admit you made a huge mistake? Don't produce any more commercials showing horses running in the morning sun, or people raising the American flag, or mothers with babies, or puppies and kittens playing together, or kids playing baseball or any of that other stuff. Just cut the shit. In-Bev is not even American-owned, so don't try sticking Americana in our faces. BE. HONEST. Speak. The. TRUTH, you assholes.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
It wouldn’t hurt if Heinerscheid and her boss were flat out fired (dismissed for cause) instead of the “leave of absence” nonsense.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9474 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They wanted attention with their stupid-ass virtue-signalling and they got it. Enjoy.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Bud Light to spend 'heavily' on marketing after Dylan Mulvaney controversy

How about just coming forward and speaking the fucking truth? How about speaking candidly and honestly? "We made a terrible mistake. We misjudged our loyal customers and we apologize and we hope you will forgive us and remain loyal to us. We need you, our customers. Without you, we cannot survive."

Is that just fucking beyond your abilities? To cut the bullshit and speak from the heart and admit you made a huge mistake? Don't produce any more commercials showing horses running in the morning sun, or people raising the American flag, or mothers with babies, or puppies and kittens playing together, or kids playing baseball or any of that other stuff. Just cut the shit. In-Bev is not even American-owned, so don't try sticking Americana in our faces. BE. HONEST. Speak. The. TRUTH, you assholes.

They don't think they made a mistake. They hate their customer base. They just want to stop the bleeding, not to address the root cause.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, then, they're going to suffer some more. It's all the same to me.

It's a mistake for any corporation to think that all their customers are stupid, and that is the way In-Bev is behaving.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'll say it again, they made the same mistake Bill Knapps did, just in a different and much more spectacular way.

They were afraid their current client base will eventually get old and stop consuming product for whatever reason (health, residential care, death, etc) and decided they needed to attract younger drinkers to their product. That was in fact a logical and prudent path to take for a business. Simply put, keep your core and add new consumers. The key is to keep the brand relevant to a broad base.

Their issue, much like Bill Knapps, was they totally ignored how their current (largest and most important) customer base would feel about their shift in marketing strategy. Their shift in strategy totally alienated their main customer base and they fled. The new clients picked up in either case would never come close to back fill the loss of their main client base. Simple math, they sacrified 1,000 old clients to pick up 10 new.

AB elected to focus their entire brand on a very small % of the young population, most of who likely don't even drink lite beer. I'm sure she thought that going to the far extreme of woke would bring all of those activists flooding to the brand. I'm guessing they'd prefer a craft cocktail with some odd name to a can of Bud Lite. IMHO she totally blew the easiest target market, the college age group, the frat kids he desperately wanted away from. This broke another basic common sense law, if it isn't broke, don't try and fix it.

I'm no rocket surgeon but apparently I did learn something from Marketing 101 back in the day.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After making that post, the comments on every post since include hate speech saying that transgender people are mentally ill, biological women are being erased, and showing a plethora of disgusting memes." It later warned, "Hate has no place at The Fairfax."

Right, hate speech...label anything hate speech, in an attempt to claim some moral superiority. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Their shift in strategy totally alienated their main customer base and they fled. The new clients picked up in either case would never come close to back fill the loss of their main client base. Simple math, they sacrified 1,000 old clients to pick up 10 new.

AB elected to focus their entire brand on a very small % of the young population, most of who likely don't even drink lite beer. I'm sure she thought that going to the far extreme of woke would bring all of those activists flooding to the brand. I'm guessing they'd prefer a craft cocktail with some odd name to a can of Bud Lite. IMHO she totally blew the easiest target market, the college age group, the frat kids he desperately wanted away from. This broke another basic common sense law, if it isn't broke, don't try and fix it.

I'm no rocket surgeon but apparently I did learn something from Marketing 101 back in the day.

You're not wrong.....Bud Light is plastered in all sorts of ads, promotions and events for a wide-variety of demographics, where they fucked up was running this ad...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NCAA FINAL-FOUR WEEKEND.
It would've been one thing if it was shown during sweeps-week on the Hallmark channel or, on day-time gameshow programing. Instead they rolled it out, during a major sports event, where that exact demographic is who the marketing VP labels past Bud Light strategy's '...as brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor'
Who they hell does she thinks pays attention to their television during THE NCAA BASKETBALL FINAL-FOUR WEEKEND?

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
a bad marketing campaign helped with the demise of Schilz beer, of course there were many factors that contributed, but a bad marketing campaign, while trying sneak in changes of some the ingredients and they went from the beer that made Milwaukie famous to a beer that a younger generation has never heard of

edited to add: first time i got drunk was on Shlitz beer, 'tall boys'

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2037 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would've been one thing if it was shown during sweeps-week on the Hallmark channel or, on day-time gameshow programing. Instead they rolled it out, during a major sports event, where that exact demographic is who the marketing VP labels past Bud Light strategy's '...as brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor'
Who they hell does she thinks pays attention to their television during THE NCAA BASKETBALL FINAL-FOUR WEEKEND?

This goes hand in hand with a post I made earlier. Granted a trans weenie like this definitely didn't improve the situation but the entire plot of the commercial was a spokesperson who had NO IDEA what March Madness was and even joked about it.

Unless the spokes person was a stunning blonde (real woman) in a bikini that was making an obvious play on a blonde joke, that entire approach was doomed to fail. Otherwise your message is "we don't care about the people and venue that is driving a yearly peak in our product sales"

I would almost guarantee you that if you look at the peak weeks for AB it corresponds to major sporting events and holidays like Memorial day, Labor Day & 4th of July. Well.... it likely did Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The local Walmart. In the dairy section. They had a lot of Bud Light and Budweiser in stock. Miller Lite and Coors Lite were wiped out, as was Natty Lite and one other disgusting pee water brand I can’t recall. This was four or five days ago, I forgot to post it. More conspicuous pandering.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a conversation with a guy that thinks everything is fine with bud light and is not going to discontinue buying it because of some "silliness". I tried to explain that it is part of a larger assault on women. The men in women's sports, a man winning woman of the year, and now a tranny on a bud light can is all designed to remove power from women.
I was called a conspiracy theorist and told to get off the Trump train and come back to reality.

If this is reality, I don't want to leave my fantasy land.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I’d have directed this guy to pass by the bud light and head straight to the soy aisle. I’m sick and tired of leftist assholes blaming Trump for everything going horribly wrong in this country.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's about truth. Plain and simple.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
To celebrate Bud Light, I bought an 8-pack of Guinness Draught at Kroger last night. Just here to help…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I had a conversation with a guy that thinks everything is fine with bud light and is not going to discontinue buying it because of some "silliness". I tried to explain that it is part of a larger assault on women. The men in women's sports, a man winning woman of the year, and now a tranny on a bud light can is all designed to remove power from women.
I was called a conspiracy theorist and told to get off the Trump train and come back to reality.

If this is reality, I don't want to leave my fantasy land.

In my opinion that's not what this is about. This is about the FORMER VP of Marketing telling the Bud Light demographic "fuck you, our future relies on the generation of inclusivity and diversity and we made a mistake marketing to you and your values for the last couple decades. "Misogynistic," funny commercials geared towards blue collar men who love sports? Mistake. Pro American commercials with horses and puppies? Mistake. Selling subpar beer with great marketing that propelled it to the top seller for decades? Well according to the FORMER VP of Marketing, that was a mistake. Fuck her and fuck Bud Light for giving her the power to shit on loyal Bud Light consumers.

Boycotting Bud Light isn't a statement about hating on trans people or defending women's rights. I don't give a fuck about women's rights when it comes to the trans taking them over. Women have to take responsibility and fight that battle and when they do they'll have my support. I will not, however, go out of my way to defend them on an issue where they won't even defend themselves. Back to the boycott, it's a statement about how Bud Light built a brand marketing to hard working everyday Americans and now they think they're no longer good for their brand because Gen Z and all their misguided perceptions on how things should be is their future. If Bud Light thought their sales were in decline before I can't wait to see the long term effects as NO ONE is drinking Bud Light around here. Don't see people in checkout with it. Don't see people in bars ordering it. None of my friends have it when I visit and I sure as hell am not buying it.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post