SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Can anyone verify how accurate this is?
Of the brands listed there:
  • Only drank Bud when somebody else was buying for more than thirty years.
  • Only Stella Artois I ever drank was gifted to me. I didn't like it. I'd never pay for it.
  • Can't recall the last time I had a Bass Ale.
  • We used to stock the sailboat with Labatt Blue and Blue Light when we owned our sailboat, which we sold in 2013.
  • Haven't drank Rolling Rock since the early '70s.
  • Liked Goose Island well enough. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it.
  • Tried Shock Top at a bar, on tap. Liked it. Bought a six pack. Regretted it. (I think most of it ended-up poured down the drain after sitting in the beer fridge forever.)
  • I may have drank Busch at some time in my life. I doubt I ever bought it.
  • Only time I ever drank O'Doul's was when I was carrying, we went to a restaurant, and I wanted a "beer."
  • St. Pauli Girl seems vaguely familiar. I suppose I tried it at some point. I guess it didn't impress.
  • Was drinking Corona Light as a summer beer at one point. Haven't for years.
The rest of them I cannot recall ever drinking. Most of them I've never heard of.

In short: If AB InBev and all its products disappeared from the face of the Earth tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
re you asking if that’s all the brands owned by InBev? Then no, it’s not accurate.

Yes, this. Thanks for the link

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Fuck Bruce Jenner
No thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't get that old advertising jingle out of my head now: "What'll you have? Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Wimmin who have been wimmin their entire lives." Holy shit they're desperate and still fucked up. Shut yer pie holes and fire the dumb woke marketing bitch who started this!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Wimmin who have been wimmin their entire lives." Holy shit they're desperate and still fucked up. Shut yer pie holes and fire the dumb woke marketing bitch who started this!
Uhm... That wasn't a real AB InBev commercial.

That was somebody demonstrating their opinion of what Bud should have done to recover from their screwup. (Which, btw, included dumping the exec that created the mess.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Well dayum... guess the old age high drift factor engaged yet again Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The clue was the "Let's go Brandon"

And Brendan Whitworth doesn't look like that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Well dayum... guess the old age high drift factor engaged yet again Big Grin

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loaded Bud Light truck driven off by unskilled thief in West Valley City

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah, April 20, 2023 (Gephardt Daily) — A semi hauling a load of Bud Light was stolen Thursday morning when two workers were offloading beer at a West Valley City convenience store.

The theft call was dispatched at about 6:28 a.m. West Valley City Police officers rushed to the scene, in the area of 2300 S. Redwood Road.

“There were two workers and they were offloading beer to a business and they left the truck running, and somebody just walked up to it and decided to help themselves to the truck,” Lt. Jason Vincent, WVCPD, told Gephardt Daily.

The thief or thieves didn’t get far.

“Officers found it (the semi) abandoned kind of a short time later,” Vincent said. “The individual that stole the truck actually didn’t even know how to work the truck. There were air brakes on, and he left them on. He didn’t know how to turn them off. So it kind of just dragged it for a couple blocks until he ditched the truck.”

No beer was taken from the semi, but “the two workers actually had their backpacks taken, and that’s about it,” Vincent said.

No suspects were immediately identified.

https://gephardtdaily.com/loca...in-west-valley-city/

It cracks me up that a whole truck of Bud Lite was stolen, but not a single can was taken. They had time to lift the backpacks, but left the Bud Lite.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8278 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
<snip>
For all the brands owned by InBev, look Here

Very glad to see that Sam Adams, Stiegl (Austria), and Sapporo (Japan) aren’t on that HUGE list.

Sam Adams/Boston Beer Company is an independent brewer that acquired/merged with Dogfish Head a couple years ago. I love their beer but they’ve been tiptoeing around with the woke crowd and Dogfish has done some real dick moves in the past. I’ll drink one if it’s offered but anymore I’m almost exclusively local/craft. My favorite is a place in Harrisonburg, VA called Brothers Craft Brewing. They don’t get into politics or woke nonsense and the three brothers are all good guys, one being a navy vet.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
<snip>
For all the brands owned by InBev, look Here

Very glad to see that Sam Adams, Stiegl (Austria), and Sapporo (Japan) aren’t on that HUGE list.

Sam Adams/Boston Beer Company is an independent brewer that acquired/merged with Dogfish Head a couple years ago. I love their beer but they’ve been tiptoeing around with the woke crowd and Dogfish has done some real dick moves in the past. I’ll drink one if it’s offered but anymore I’m almost exclusively local/craft. My favorite is a place in Harrisonburg, VA called Brothers Craft Brewing. They don’t get into politics or woke nonsense and the three brothers are all good guys, one being a navy vet.

Dogfish makes some fantastic beers, and have always been as their motto suggests, Off Centered,

Boston Beer Co, or whatever the parent company is, ran by Koch, is known in the industry to be very supportive of other Craft Breweries,

supportive, as in buying out or forming silent partnerships with them,

when the hard Rootbeer thing was a thing 5-7 yrs ago, Bos Beer Co bought on of the brands and was pushing them hard

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10592 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Bud Light marketing exec behind Dylan Mulvaney partnership takes leave of absence: report

https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/...-partnership-report/

The Bud Light senior marketing executive behind the controversial Dylan Mulvaney ad campaign has taken a leave of absence, according to a report.

Alissa Heinerscheid, vice president of marketing for the popular beer, will be replaced by Budweiser global marketing VP Todd Allen, AdAge reported on Friday.

Heinerscheid had led the brand since June. It’s unclear if her replacement will be permanent.

The move comes as Bud Light and its parent company Anheuser-Busch have faced immense backlash for its partnership with Mulvaney, a transgender influencer who rose to fame chronicling her gender transition on social media.

At the conclusion of Mulvaney’s transition she dubbed “365 Days of Girlhood,” the beer maker sent the activist custom-made can’s featuring her face, which she revealed in an April 1 Instagram post with the hashtag #budlightpatner. She later posted another video enjoying one of the beers in a bathtub.

A day before Mulvaney announced the partnership, Heinerscheid was interviewed on the podcast “Make Yourself At Home,” where she discussed her work in transforming the Bud Light brand from its “fratty” and “out of touch” humor to a beer company that embraces inclusivity.

“I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light,‘” Heinerscheid said.

She said she brought “belief” to the brand that to evolve and elevate means to incorporate “inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men.”

She also disparaged the work of Bud Light’s past branding.

“We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach,” she said.

Despite the immediate backlash from the partnership with Mulvaney, Bud Light initially defended the move before later offering a half-hearted apology to its loyal customers last week.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Brendan Whitworth said in a press release. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.”

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

Maybe she can hook up with Dylan at an exclusive retreat and they can compare their dicks.

“I’m a businesswoman." No, sweetie- you're a clueless businesswoman.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The CEO spoke a word salad apology like a limp dick. Subsequent ads trying to placate the masses fell flat too.

Now this which is w-a-y too late!
Still, don't let the door hit you on the ass you ignorant woke bitch!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
They're still being wishy-washy with the "leave of absence" crap. Does Alissa HeinerScheisse want to spend more time with her family? Roll Eyes

Just say she's been fired and admit you screwed up. This slow-walking tactic is just going to prolong their ordeal, as more and more people are dog-piling on AB for their weak platitudes.

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by:
… Does Alissa HeinerScheisse want to spend more time with her family? Roll Eyes

Does Heiner Scheisse’s family want to spend time with her, now that’s the question.

quote:
”I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and …

You totally fucked things up, causing likely irreparable damage to an iconic brand.

I guess the next corporation to hire your out-of-touch Wharton educated self will be either Walmart or Starbucks.

As a cashier.

But only if your name isn’t recognized.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Just say she's been fired and admit you screwed up. This slow-walking tactic is just going to prolong their ordeal, as more and more people are dog-piling on AB for their weak platitudes.
Please be gentle and understanding. She's transitioning.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Dice weighs in:

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post