SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
May 31, 2023
Bud Light sales decline ’accelerating’ -- parent company shares fell nearly another 5% in worst day yet on Wall Street

There was a widespread expectation that the outrage over Bud Light’s pushing of transgender icon Dylan Mulvaney would fade over time, as often happens with boycotts. But not this time. Nielsen, which tracks sales scanner data released new data Tuesday showing the nightmare for Bud Light and its parent AB InBev is deepening. Josh Schafer writes at Yahoo Finance:

Bud Light sales declines are accelerating, and shares of parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) are falling alongside them.

New data from Nielsen revealed Bud Light sales declined 24.3% year-over-year in the week ending May 20 while Budweiser sales were down 20.4% during the same period. Last week sales were down 21.6% and 17.6% respectively. Driven by backlash from an advertising campaign with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, Bud Light sales have now declined for six weeks, per Nielsen.

Shares of AbInBev fell nearly 5% on Tuesday, the worst intraday action on the stock since Mulvaney's post on April 1. Since the day of the post, ABInBev shares have fallen roughly 18%.

Even worse for the company, other brands in its portfolio are also being hit, as Janet Freund writes for Bloomberg in a notice to subscribers that is not online:

The broader InBev beer portfolio also continues to see weakness, while Molson Coors’ Coors Light beer continues to see market share gains accelerate, he says

My guess is that ordering or drinking in public a Bud Light, or even a Budweiser or other identifiable sister brand, subjects a person to mockery. So, even those who are indifferent to the transgender propaganda tidal wave are being influenced to stay away from the brand. But it is not only in bars and at sporting events. As we showed yesterday, even when customers are paid to take the beer off the retailer’s shelf, consumers are shunning it.

It appears to me that a widespread revolt against the transgender propaganda push is underway. People are saying that enough is enough. It’s easy to switch beer brands, and Bud Light never had a devoted following. It has always been just good enough, considering it is less caloric than regular beers.

Target, which has also been suffering a sales decline over pushing transgender clothes for children at the entrance to its stores, has got to be concerned.

I suspect a major quiet rethink is taking place in the C-suites of major companies that have signed on to the transgender agenda in hopes of a good ESG score from Blackrock and other giant fund managers.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._on_wall_street.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suspect a major quiet rethink is taking place in the C-suites of major companies that have signed on to the transgender agenda in hopes of a good ESG score from Blackrock and other giant fund managers.

This is how you beat down the programming of social agendas by the elites.

I still don't see how Blackrock and it's compatriots who are using their financial positioning of withholding stock purchases, or shorting stocks based on the ESG scores is not illegal, it's clearly stock manipulation and a method to make massive amounts of money by influencing the price of public company shares through intimidation.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed Harley Davidson let them put their name on a new series of cans.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m not surprised at Harley. The company that makes watered down cruisers/portable noise machines and is incapable of making a race replica super bike seems like the perfect sponsor.

Seems like a great match to me. Big Grin Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This comment I saw on Zero Hedge sums this all up quite perfectly what's going on with Budweiser and Target right now:

Here's an easier explanation-- they got woke- stupid. Then they doubled down on their woke-stupid. Then they tried to spin their woke-stupid. Then they tried to deny their woke-stupid. Then they tried to disown their woke-stupid.

But it's too late now. They own their woke-stupid and are owned by it.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
When people quit drinking Butt Lite, they switched to something else. That is when they found out that BudLight sucked. Those people won't be back.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chellim. I did forget the link

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Bud Light announces monetary support for LGBTQ+ businesses

The $200,000 donation to support LGBT Chamber of Commerce.

Yup, somehow the world needs an organization for transqueers of color!

I sure hope that they aren't too fratty.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
AB corporation is supplying an excellent example of how leftist in general and the wokie variety in particular, are fundamentally incapable of acknowledging any kind of mistake or error. Their HUBRIS is overwhelming.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Slow learners

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Slow learners
Non-learners. They're intentionally not learning.

3 of the most successful strategies of liberal puppetmasters that they made part of the ideology for their legion of lemmings:
  • The long game (aka incrementalism) for changing society one tiny victory after another over several generations. For example, homosexuality was an abomination 50 years ago but is accepted by the majority of society today due to a multi-generational campaign.
  • everybody must be in lock-step and failure to do so will result in ostracizing from all friends/acquaintances.
  • no idea/initiative is ever a failure. It's either they're so enlightened they're ahead of their time, the great unwashed masses are racists/bigots/misogynists, not everyone tried hard enough, or a combination of the above.

How the above comes into play for Bud Light is transgenderism has been incrementally pushed on society, everybody in the marketing executives circle is lock-step in accepting of transgenderism which caused them to fail to imagine the response. However, now that they're getting the response they move to part 3 so they look down on us normals (they call us bigots not normals), they convince each other they're ahead of their time, and they blame the people at Bud Light who didn't try as hard as the former BudLight and Budweiser marketing VPs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    Where o where is Alyssa Shitorshine? Still "on leave"? Razz

Yep, Alyssa still has not been fired.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Krazeehorse
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by stickman428:
    I’m not surprised at Harley. The company that makes watered down cruisers/portable noise machines and is incapable of making a race replica super bike seems like the perfect sponsor.

Seems like a great match to me. Big Grin Razz

I apologize for liking them.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Prefontaine
    posted Hide Post
    I feel bad for the people who work for AB. There will be layoffs due to this. Hardworking Americans are going to lose their jobs because of some stupid ass marketing. Companies should just stay out of fucking politics, at least in marketing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by chellim1:
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    Where o where is Alyssa Shitorshine? Still "on leave"? Razz

Yep, Alyssa still has not been fired.

She still has a job?!?!? Seriously?!?

If AB isn't smart enough to fire her ass weeks ago, AB deserves to crash and burn, with every one that signed off on this ad campaign and her retention to get ass cancer.

At this point, it's way beyond her.
    Yeah, she should be standing at an off-ramp with "out of work" scrawled out on a piece of cardboard (an added bonus if it's the inside of a bud light case of beer!) begging for money. But if AB is still keeping her around now, go ahead and sink with that anchor!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8550 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    She still has a job?!?!? Seriously?!?

She's officially on a "leave of absence".
    Which means not working, but getting paid.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    Bud Light Executive Alissa Heinerscheid Unmasked in Cringey Interview Before Controversy

Martin DeCoder

Alissa Heinerschield, Bud Light’s vice president of marketing, has taken a leave of absence after severe backlash over her latest idea for an ad campaign, leading to boycotts of Bud Light.

How did Alissa unintentionally tell us who she really is before the controversy? What do her words tell us about her real personality? These are the questions that this in-depth language analysis will answer by looking at a viral interview with Alissa.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
    Just saw that a MT legislator, of course transgender, warned companies to not leave the trans cause or else. ?

Curious of the actual percentage of these loons there are in the general population?

Starting to wonder who the "minority" is these days.

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post