SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, what Hildur said.
quote:
What InBev and all the other woke companies don't understand is that pandering to these minority demographics while ostracizing their loyal, regular consumers is not an effective way to grow their business.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Bud Light is not cheap beer. It's low quality, tastes horrible, but it's expensive. I never saw anyone in college drink it. We drank Beast and Natty Light. Hell, I could get all the free AB products I wanted through a sponsorship of my band with the local AB distributor and I never ever opted for Bud, other than Bud Ice, which had just come out. When we played gigs they booked for us, I was free to drink whatever I wanted as long as it was in a Budweiser cup. And I never ever ordered Bud for that. I must be out of touch, as I just don't know who buys that overpriced piss beer.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Business 101: Work hard to get a customer and then twice as hard to keep them. Why?
quote:

-Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.

-Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%.

-The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.

-One customer experience agency found loyal customers are 5x as likely to repurchase, 5x as likely to forgive, 4x as likely to refer, and 7x as likely to try a new offering.

-U.S. companies lose $136.8 billion per year due to avoidable consumer switching. [and I hope they lose TWICE that!!!]

-American Express found 33% of customers will consider switching companies after just one instance of poor customer service.
BAM!!! This right here. I hope AB/Bud Light are cutting their nose off to spite their own damned face!!

Good stuff, Hildur!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I don't like the swill. But funny to me, my son just switched from Bud Lite to Miller Lite as a result of this woke nonsense.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Since my teenage years, I've always been a Banquet beer guy. In a bar, I've never in my life ever asked for a Budweiser.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't drink beer but I'm definitely swearing off trannies.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't drink beer but I'm definitely swearing off trannies.
Because Bud Light's their beer, now?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, the freezer's full.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
What InBev and all the other woke companies don't understand is that pandering to these minority demographics while ostracizing their loyal, regular consumers is not an effective way to grow their business. Customer retention drops and whatever customer acquisition they receive for making such a drastic move doesn't make up for it. Furthermore, there's no loyalty among the acquisitions and they are exceedingly likely to return to their prior beer of choice. Key word: CHOICE. Bud Light is not known for its great taste. It's a cheap beer that HAD great marketing. Will the virtue signalers buy Bud Light to show their support? Iffy at best. Will they keep drinking it for years to come? I highly doubt it. I drank Bud Light/Select exclusively throughout my early 20s and when I could afford better, I moved on.

Business 101: Work hard to get a customer and then twice as hard to keep them. Why?

quote:

-Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.

-Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%.

-The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.

-One customer experience agency found loyal customers are 5x as likely to repurchase, 5x as likely to forgive, 4x as likely to refer, and 7x as likely to try a new offering.

-U.S. companies lose $136.8 billion per year due to avoidable consumer switching.

-American Express found 33% of customers will consider switching companies after just one instance of poor customer service.

They know this, Bud/InBev is loaded with MBA's, high level educated marketing people, have contracts with tons of top level advertising firms.

But along with the cost of losing customers over this, the increase in CEI and ESG scores keeps Blackrock pumping the stock and gives InBev better numbers for the EU ESG factors.

Right now Governments and Big Finance are driving this phenomenon, my guess is they feel that in order to gain a share of the large youth market back to Bud they need to go hardcore inclusivity and diversity which is the big buzz for that market,

If companies don't have rainbows and Unicorns in their marketing plans and gender neutral in your corporate governance you won't be here as the youth market evaporates from a low ESG/CEI score.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee

https://babylonbee.com/news/pe...boycott-of-bud-light

U.S. — As conservatives across the nation vowed to no longer drink Budweiser products, people who possess functional taste buds have promised to continue their decades-long boycott of Bud Light as well.

"No way I'm ever drinking Bud Light," said local man Jimmy Billings. "Wait, there's a boycott?"

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

They know this, Bud/InBev is loaded with MBA's, high level educated marketing people, have contracts with tons of top level advertising firms.

But along with the cost of losing customers over this, the increase in CEI and ESG scores keeps Blackrock pumping the stock and gives InBev better numbers for the EU ESG factors.

Right now Governments and Big Finance are driving this phenomenon, my guess is they feel that in order to gain a share of the large youth market back to Bud they need to go hardcore inclusivity and diversity which is the big buzz for that market,

If companies don't have rainbows and Unicorns in their marketing plans and gender neutral in your corporate governance you won't be here as the youth market evaporates from a low ESG/CEI score.

ESG/CEI is a whole different layer. If they want to play stupid games to pump their stock value and "score" points with the Gen Z idiots, so be it. From a business fundamental perspective they're shooting themselves in the dick. Bottom line: AB is going to lose loyal customers and revenue will drop because none of the newly acquired "woke" customers are going to become lifelong BL drinkers like the ones they lost. Who cares about being "woke" or having a higher stock price if the very lifeblood of any business is decreasing. Food and beverage isn't bulletproof the way Amazon and Walmart are. Kings get overthrown all the time and IMO Bud Light / AB vastly overestimates their foothold in the market. All it takes are a couple stupid moves like this one and they'll be wishing they kept selling to frat boys.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

This BEE funny.

Posts: 4203 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Yeah Bud Light has always been dog piss. No way in Hell they convince the fruitcake, skinny jean, man bun, autumn/pear/pumpkin spice ale crowd to drink that crap. Not even with their woke BS.

Posts: 749 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The AB rep in charge of “connecting” with new demographics has a thinly veiled disgust for the past marking campaigns, which were quite popular and generally well received by the public at large.

This lame, uncreative, and lazy “hate marketing/rage harvesting” form of woke corporate advertising cannot be sustainable. From a company with an established creative and fun loving advertising history they really set the bar low here.

When your outreach to new customers also makes many of your existing customers hate you I’d say they was probably a better move to be made.

The whole thing is quite amusing to me as I’ve never been a big fan of the beer and when I think about my friends who regularly drink the stuff they couldn’t have been more off the mark.

Others have made the point that woke neo-Marxist corporate banking cartels are pushing divisive woke foolishness as a hurdle to secure loans etc. That is an interesting angle to consider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The AB rep in charge of “connecting” with new demographics has a thinly veiled disgust for the past marking campaigns, which were quite popular and generally well received by the public at large.

This lame, uncreative, and lazy “hate marketing/rage harvesting” form of woke corporate advertising cannot be sustainable. From a company with an established creative and fun loving advertising history they really set the bar low here.

When your outreach to new customers also makes many of your existing customers hate you I’d say they was probably a better move to be made.

Beer companies have been involved with all manor of events, Bud Light has been one of the sponsors of the Dinah Shore Club Skirts Weekend....better known as Lesbian Spring Break check the pics. I'm sure Key West and Provincetown on Cape Cod has no shortage of Bud Light banners during their big gay events. The big difference is they're now including 'alternative lifestyles' into their general marketing campaign with this move. Marketing types are always looking for the next best thing and seeking new customers...we'll see how this goes. I really hate the personalty types that are involved with marketing/PR/branding

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

ESG/CEI is a whole different layer. If they want to play stupid games to pump their stock value and "score" points with the Gen Z idiots, so be it. From a business fundamental perspective they're shooting themselves in the dick. Bottom line: AB is going to lose loyal customers and revenue will drop because none of the newly acquired "woke" customers are going to become lifelong BL drinkers like the ones they lost. Who cares about being "woke" or having a higher stock price if the very lifeblood of any business is decreasing. Food and beverage isn't bulletproof the way Amazon and Walmart are. Kings get overthrown all the time and IMO Bud Light / AB vastly overestimates their foothold in the market. All it takes are a couple stupid moves like this one and they'll be wishing they kept selling to frat boys.
If the article posted by Chellim1 is accurate, InBev has a serious management issue in the base. Zero fortune 500 companies should have so little talent that they hire a recent MBA grad off the streets to be a VP.
quote:
Mrs. Heinerscheid graduated from the Wharton School of Business (University of Pennsylvania 2012/2013), around the same time as Ivanka Trump. She interned with General Mills (Cheerios brand), before ultimately landing the job with Anheuser Busch as VP of Marketing for Bud Light.
I've worked at a large, multinational corporation for 27 years with scores of people who graduated with MBAs from the Top 10 MBA programs.

You know what my employer calls a recent MBA graduate from Wharton? An analyst. Large multinational corporations who've been around for decades have been hiring from Top 10 programs for decades, and VPs either rise up through the ranks or we poach executives with proven track records form other large, multinational corporations.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23691 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Tatortodd, it’s 2023 - she finished her MBA 10 years ago, and from Harvard in 2006.

That makes her right around 40, which is somewhat normal for a VP. I’m not defending her at all, but her career trajectory is fairly normal for a top MBA. You are an “analyst” in some post-MBA roles, but that’s normally a 18-24 month stint before they start moving you up.

Posts: 2348 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
We're both making assumptions:
  • I clearly stated mine when I wrote, "If the article posted by Chellim1 is accurate." I assume the sentence "ultimately landing the job" means straight from Wharton to VP. Everything I wrote is based on that which would mean she'd been VP for 10 years.
  • You're assuming the sentence "ultimately landing the job" means that she had a series of roles before being VP. Everything you wrote is based on that.

BTW, thanks for not giving me the benefit of the doubt in knowing what year it is and not being able to subtract 2023 from 2013 Roll Eyes

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23691 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Big Grin

Say, how about yer Lowenbrau? Is that good beer? What about Schlitz and Old Milwaukee?

How does Pabst Blue Ribbon compare to Budweiser? Razz

No, really, I haven't a clue about such things.

Here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special...

always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    I continue to shake my head about this kind of "graduate" our corrupt ineffective education system produces these days. If AOC wasn't bad enough, this excuse for a marketing wizzkid ought to give everyone migraines at a minimum.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post