SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Full Disclosure:

Been a Bud Light drinker for years. Not that I drank cases and cases per week, but if I went out with friends or wanted to enjoy one at home on RARE occasions, I'd buy Bud Light.

That is, until this past February when I discovered Guinness on one of my layover nights at the hotel bar during recurrent training. Am I even gonna THINK about going back to Bud Light? Nnnnnnnnope!!!! FTATHTRIO... [insert middle finger image here]...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Full Disclosure:

Been a Bud Light drinker for years. Not that I drank cases and cases per week, but if I went out with friends or wanted to enjoy one at home on RARE occasions, I'd buy Bud Light.

That is, until this past February when I discovered Guinness on one of my layover nights at the hotel bar during recurrent training. Am I even gonna THINK about going back to Bud Light? Nnnnnnnnope!!!! FTATHTRIO... [insert middle finger image here]...

Bud Light to Guiness…that’s quite the jump

Like shooting .22’s then suddenly switching to a .44 Magnum

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Full Disclosure:

Bud Light to Guiness…that’s quite the jump

Like shooting .22’s then suddenly switching to a .44 Magnum

So true. But when you know, you know.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anheuser-Busch Loses Perfect LGBTQ Equity Score By Missing ‘Key Moment’ To Stand Up For Mulvaney

quote:
Anheuser-Busch, the multinational conglomerate which owns Bud Light, was removed from a prominent LGBTQ organization’s equity index because the firm missed a “key moment” to support self-described transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Bud Light provoked controversy after the brand nodded toward the social media star, and executives have since made lackluster attempts to ease tensions with conservatives, such as downplaying the partnership and hiring veteran Republican lobbyists to win back conservatives.

The attempts nevertheless induced the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBTQ political organization, to remove the firm’s perfect score on the Corporate Equality Index, which the group describes as the “national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.” Eric Bloem, senior director of programs and corporate advocacy at the Human Rights Campaign, informed executives at Anheuser-Busch in a letter first obtained by USA Today that the firm has 90 days to respond before the company’s score is docked.

“Anheuser-Busch had a key moment to really stand up and demonstrate the importance of their values of diversity, equity and inclusion and their response really fell short,” Bloem said. He contended that the company’s move to back away from Mulvaney in the face of opposition sends the message to employees, shareholders, and customers that Anheuser-Busch does not stand for diversity.

Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth had indeed offered a statement in relation to the campaign, although the communication fell short of mentioning the nod to Mulvaney or transgenderism. “We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” the executive said. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.”

Jay Brown, senior vice president of programs, research, and training at the Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement to CNN on Friday that the organization was troubled by the pivot. “When we saw the company working with Dylan, that was a good sign. It was a sign of inclusion,” Brown commented. “What we were really disturbed by was the company’s reaction once the backlash started happening.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP

Anheuser-Busch has previously brandished the perfect Corporate Equality Index score in scuffles with proponents of the LGBTQ movement. The company cited the score two years ago after activists held a protest outside of the Stonewall Inn, widely regarded as the birthplace of the modern LGBTQ political movement, in which they poured beverages distributed by Anheuser-Busch into a nearby gutter because the firm contributed to the campaigns of lawmakers who sought to limit the spread of transgenderism among young people.

Market data now indicate that sales for Bud Light decreased nearly 24% in the week ending on May 6 relative to the same period last year, a slightly more severe outcome than the decline witnessed for the week ended April 29, while other Anheuser-Busch brands suffered to a lesser extent. The company seems to have alienated those on both ends of the political spectrum: Left-wing activists and owners of gay bars beyond the Human Rights Campaign threatened to launch additional boycotts after the firm backed away from Mulvaney.

L after L for BL LOL!

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Look at how their lack of compliance for the alphabet neonazi wannabes equity score is now killing their business. Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Look at how their lack of compliance for the alphabet neonazi wannabes equity score is now killing their business. Roll Eyes

LOL

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
And it ain’t just breweries. H&K decided (or rather a marketing exec) decided to dip their toe in and add their $0.02:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-313...of-the-hole-it-made/

Haven’t dug further but said marketer had postings of herself in fitness competitions or something similar in swimsuits.

Firearmblog says the marketer id’ed in the above was not the person that posted the errant tweets, if so we apologize for our part in posting incorrect info. But the essence of the story and post about alienating your customer base and getting on the wrong side of your employer still stands.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1549 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
not the person that posted the errant tweets

Yeah. My question is always, "Well who (exactly) has access to post information on behalf of your company, and how important is your company's reputation?"

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Saw an article today. They said that their retail sells were down %28 from this time last year. They attribute most of it to this marketing campaign.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8936 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And fuck you very much. Cool

Bud Light buying back unsold, expired beer from wholesalers as sales continue to suffer

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This goes without saying and it's been said many times before, but I really hope this sends a message to all businesses trying to be "hip"...or following their "leader's" rules. Just do good business for crying out loud!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Awesome! Not only can't they market it, they have to pay for it twice!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The executive and marketing team should have to drink it, all of it....

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

The executive and marketing team should have to drink it, all of it....

That might be how they got into this mess.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where o where is Alyssa Shitorshine? Still "on leave"? Razz

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
they said there sales are off 28 percent for bud light , does that mean 72 percent still drink it?

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
if they buy it back is that considered a "sale"?

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What in the ass HD, you really went ahead and released this to the public? Did you need that ESL score to go up that badly?

The power of the groups running the Social Scoring system is unreal.

Link

Anheuser-Busch Bombarded By Backlash After Harley-Davidson Partnership Story by Ryan Smith • 1h ago

Beer brewer Anheuser-Busch is facing backlash on social media after Budweiser's new partnership with Harvey-Davidson was revealed.

Last week, new Budweiser cans were unveiled, which feature logos from the beer brand and Harley-Davidson to commemorate the motorcycle manufacturer's 120th anniversary. The designs are inspired by original hand-drawn blueprints from each of the brands, according to Beverage Industry.

However, the cans—which include the words "Kings of our Craft" and "Brewed and built in the USA"—have all but served to ignite further furor from a number of conservative detractors who over the past several weeks have been boycotting Bud Light.

In early April, transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney shared a video on Instagram in which she explained that Bud Light had sent her a beer can with her face on it to commemorate 365 days of her living as a woman. Mulvaney's Days of Girlhood video series, which charts her first year of transitioning, has been a viral success.

The partnership drew condemnation from a number of conservative social media users who issued calls for a boycott. Musician Kid Rock shared footage of him opening fire on a stack of Bud Light cans, a move that was copied by model Bri Teresi as she took aim at a range of brands.

Amid the criticism and reports of plummeting sales, some Bud Light executives took a leave of absence, including marketing head Alissa Heinerscheid and Daniel Blake, who oversees marketing for Anheuser-Busch's mainstream brands.

As a result of the backlash, the timing of the release of Budweiser's Harley-Davidson's cans has proved to be somewhat problmatic, with detractors only ramping up their objections to products associated with Anheuser-Busch.

After the can was unveiled on Instagram, one social media user wrote: "I will never buy or drink this brand of beer ever again."

"Never drinking Anheuser Busch beer again," commented another on a follow-up post. "You turned your backs on your customers."

Over on Twitter, the objections came in thick and fast, with one person writing: "After the trans can fallout, Budweiser is set to pump some testosterone back into its [products] by rolling out a Harley Davidson can for Budweiser…I ain't falling for it!"

"Harley Davidson, you are an American icon. So was Bud Light," tweeted another. "Anheuser Busch badly misread their consumer brand, and are paying the price. AB is going down. Now you have partnered with the people who betrayed their base. You may wish to reconsider this decision."

Another quipped: "Budweiser announces its partnership with Harley Davidson for it's new beer cans in a last ditch effort to save the company after going woke! You really can't make this up."

"I am a Harley Rider and I always prefer Miller Draught," said Twitter user SpaceWeasel. "Budweiser is DEAD. If Miller goes Woke, it will be Sam Adams. Get Woke, Go Broke!"

Despite the uproar, some fans expressed appreciation for the limited edition cans.

"Love it," wrote one on Budweiser's original Instagram post. "The king Budweiser and Harley-Davidson. Hell yeah!!! I ride a Street Glide."

"I'm gonna need you to send me some of these," said another.

Meanwhile, a Twitter user complained about the growing list of companies that have recently faced boycott calls from conservatives.

They wrote: "How many American companies have the crazy right told us to boycott now? Harley Davidson, Goodyear, Budweiser, UPS, Coca Cola, MLB, NFL and NBA etc etc etc. So much for American first. What a joke of [a] party the GOP is."

Newsweek has contacted Harley-Davidson representatives via email for comment.

In recent weeks, a number of social-media users have shared photos and videos of Bud Light on store shelves and at venues in a bid to illustrate the purported success of their boycott of the beer brand.

However, the Bud Light backlash has spilled beyond social media criticism and boycotts with a bomb squad was recently dispatched to an Anheuser-Busch facility in Los Angeles following a threatening email.

An Anheuser-Busch employee told Patch Media that other threats were made to facilities across the U.S. after Mulvaney's Bud Light post.

In an April 14 press release, Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth said the company had no intention of dividing people.

"We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer," read the statement. "I care deeply about this country, this company, our brands, and our partners.

"I spend much of my time traveling across America, listening to and learning from our customers, distributors, and others. Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation."

Conservative TV personality Tomi Lahren recently claimed that "mass layoffs" are in the pipeline at Bud Light as a result of the backlash.

Newsweek has contacted representatives of Bud Light via email for comment.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Good thing I sold my Harley last week.

Posts: 20610 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
What in the ass HD, you really went ahead and released this to the public? Did you need that ESL score to go up that badly?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15863 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post