SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't drink a lot of beer, maybe one or two dozen a year, but when I do drink it I'm more interested in the taste than the alcohol. On that basis, Yuengling is one of the commonly available brands in this area, and my preferred, if it's on tap.

I don't keep up with the political aspects of beer -- does Yuengling support any of this craziness? Or are they just in the business of brewing and selling decent beer and making money by doing that?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Consumers don't want a political agenda shoved down our throats and when the VP of Marketing openly confirms that, then they get what they get.

Bingo!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I don’t know Hildur and Chellim…..when I want a beer or other adult beverage my main concern is DEI. Wink

Posts: 1299 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
The real backlash isn't because Bud Light partnered with some tranny and made some commemorative cans. Bud Light has been partnering with controversial figures/groups for decades. They just did it in a way that wasn't in our faces. The backlash comes from the VP of Marketing going on a podcast and openly slamming the current demographic of Bud Light and prior marketing (that was the best, most effective marketing I've ever seen) while bragging about ditching both for "the future" of diversity and inclusiveness.

Don't short the story, this was debuted to the public not during the Academy Awards, the Tony's, a major appearance on one of the talk shows...this was rolled-out during March Madness Finals. A demographic that doesn't have a whole lot of tranny's or, alternative lifestyle types to begin with, yet this executive and whomever internally was backing this, thought it was a good idea.

She talks about how Bud Light is loosing market share and desperate to capture the younger demographic; wanting to buck the notion that the brand is associated with 'Frat Boy' behavior....since when? Spuds Mackenzie hasn't been around since the 80's. Taste Great, Less Filling hasn't been around since the 70's. As Walsh points out, she's a fool, and the board who approved her business plan, are equally fools.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taste Great, Less Filling hasn't been around since the 70's.

That's Miller Lite!

Miller Lite was the original light beer. Miller Lite was expanding market share at the expense of Budweiser... so Budweiser rolled out Bud Light.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't keep up with the political aspects of beer -- does Yuengling support any of this craziness? Or are they just in the business of brewing and selling decent beer and making money by doing that?

The owner of Yuengling endorsed Donald Trump in the past which caused gay bars to ban the sales of it in their bars. That’s good enough for me.

Posts: 3031 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Taste Great, Less Filling hasn't been around since the 70's.

That's Miller Lite!

Miller Lite was the original light beer. Miller Lite was expanding market share at the expense of Budweiser... so Budweiser rolled out Bud Light.

I should've put a caveat in there that 'frat boy' adverts haven't been around for quite awhile, for any brand....Swedish Bikini Team for Old Milwaukee

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The Budweiser/Bud Light brand won't recover from this. And good. It'll be forever tarnished because corporate listened to some stupid, confused woman.

And "walk this back"? Oh please. Hell no.

Yeah, there's no "Oopsie, we messed up" or Mea Culpa big enough to walk this back. If the company was sold back to a US owner and they completely bent the knee, to a level I have never seen a company do before maybe, but they won't ever stoop to do it. I can't wait to see their next marketing attempt, whatever it is, it's not going to work.

I still don't get why this is so hard, I mean it's beer, stuff practically sells itself!!!

Eberhard Anheuser and Adolphus Busch have to be rolling in their graves.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
The real backlash isn't because Bud Light partnered with some tranny and made some commemorative cans. Bud Light has been partnering with controversial figures/groups for decades. They just did it in a way that wasn't in our faces. The backlash comes from the VP of Marketing going on a podcast and openly slamming the current demographic of Bud Light and prior marketing (that was the best, most effective marketing I've ever seen) while bragging about ditching both for "the future" of diversity and inclusiveness.

Don't short the story, this was debuted to the public not during the Academy Awards, the Tony's, a major appearance on one of the talk shows...this was rolled-out during March Madness Finals. A demographic that doesn't have a whole lot of tranny's or, alternative lifestyle types to begin with, yet this executive and whomever internally was backing this, thought it was a good idea.

IMO that isn't shorting the story, that is the story. For the reasons you listed below Bud Light had to approach the market differently. As I mentioned Bud Light has a history of QUIETLY marketing to minority demographics without pissing off their primary customers or in this case, downright insulting them. In the past what the majority of America saw were memorable commercials with dogs, horses and dudes being dudes that ended with the viewer laughing or feeling warm and fuzzy with positive emotions. Behind the scenes Bud Light was sponsoring and advertising to minority demographics that didn't catch mainstream attention. In the last 10-20 years marijuana/vaping was widely legalized, craft beers and hard seltzers/low calorie alternatives became the rage... bottom line more choices. It doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out that Bud Light had its day and was going to lose market share especially when it was a substandard beer that had great marketing. Key word HAD. Bud Light hasn't put out a memorable commercial in a LONG time.

quote:
She talks about how Bud Light is loosing market share and desperate to capture the younger demographic; wanting to buck the notion that the brand is associated with 'Frat Boy' behavior....since when? Spuds Mackenzie hasn't been around since the 80's. Taste Great, Less Filling hasn't been around since the 70's. As Walsh points out, she's a fool, and the board who approved her business plan, are equally fools.

Yes the board approved her decision. Without question heads should roll. However did they approve what she said on the podcast? I highly doubt they would condone her talking shit about marketing to demographics that made Bud Light the #1 light beer in the world for decades. Moreover, she came off as a snobby trust fund baby who coasted her way into a top marketing position for one of the largest beverage companies in the world and fucked them in the ass just so she could promote her agenda and make herself sound smarter than she really is.

The reaction when the tranny ad came out was strong but what really sent it over the edge was her comments on the podcast. Her elitist facial expressions, body language, tone, just overall delivery of her "brilliance" and how her marketing was vastly superior to what Bud Light did in the past while insulting the prior targeted demographic was so off putting and disconnected to the primary, regular drinkers of Bud Light. That's what sent this whole thing over the edge. Bud Light didn't have demand issues right after the tranny endorsed them. About a week went by before the podcast interview caught mainstream attention and that's when the boycott of Bud Light really took off.

I recognize some people jumped on the boycott wagon sooner than others but I think it's fair to say once the interview video was released and mainstream news had the proof that political agendas were being forced on us, that's when demand really dropped off.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So a beverage pretending to be a beer endorses a man pretending to be a woman.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reaction when the tranny ad came out was strong but what really sent it over the edge was her comments on the podcast. Her elitist facial expressions, body language, tone, just overall delivery of her "brilliance" and how her marketing was vastly superior to what Bud Light did in the past while insulting the prior demographic was so off putting and disconnected to the primary drinker of Bud Light. That's what sent this whole thing over the edge. Bud Light didn't have demand issues right after the tranny endorsed them. About a week went by before the podcast interview caught mainstream attention and that's when the boycott of Bud Light really took off.

Once again, Hildur nailed it.
For a guy in Puerto Rico he sure seems in tune with what's going on here on the mainland.

-rduckwor

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Many times it takes the "outside looking in" perspective.

I agree he has nailed it!

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Slow your roll guys, I was born and bred in the states. I've been slowly transitioning (no pun intended) to Puerto Rico and I'm very much a gringo (my username is Icelandic/Scandinavian per my roots).

Not to derail this thread but I am going to be selling quite a bit of stuff in the coming weeks as part of my move and I don't want people questioning why a "Puerto Rican" is asking money to be sent to NH.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is an excellent opinion piece by Vivek Ramaswamy, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination.

This piece helps build my perspective on the subject of transgenderism. The recent revelation (for me, anyway) that those who support and are attempting to normalize this aberrant behavior seek to groom and recruit young children because the "transgender" in our society are unable to procreate and therefore they must cultivate this mental disorder in children in order to recruit children to their cause, is another key for me.

The Trans movement has wrapped itself in a veneer of legitimacy and shut down rational debate or criticism

Remember the "Bud Light Party" campaign during the 2016 election season? The beer behemoth paid outspoken left wing celebrities Amy Schumer and Seth Rogan to tip their hat to Democrats. The only person that ad would ever convince to crack open a cold one is Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

Now the King of Beers is paying homage to the newest cultural zeitgeist by paying trans activist Dylan Mulvaney to prod grown men into dressing like Audrey Hepburn while drinking beer. For a drink that was once a blue-collar staple of middle America, this isn’t a winning sales strategy. It’s a way for the CEO to signal his virtue while alienating a customer base that is too afraid to say so out loud.

One of the goals of my candidacy for president of the United States is to close the gap between what people are willing to say behind closed doors versus what they say in public. In that spirit, here goes: Dylan Mulvaney might need mental health care, not endorsement deals.

More often than not, when someone identifies as a gender different from their biological sex that is a sign and a symptom that they are suffering from a mental illness. I reject the idea that it is somehow "humane" to affirm their confusion, rather than to actually help them. It’s inhumane.

This is simply stating a hard truth. Every serious leader should say so without apology. When they don’t, it reveals they are willing to lie in order to avoid criticism from Twitter or MSNBC. When CEOs, politicians and celebrities affirm people’s confusion, they are simply fueling the problem.

Here’s the reality: transgenderism is not a civil rights issue, it’s a social contagion. Psychological epidemics have been well documented for over 300 years – as my friend Jordan Peterson has rightly identified. Western culture is periodically consumed by social psychoses that grip certain groups into hysteria, particularly the vulnerable among us.

Not dissimilar to religious self-flagellation of the 14th century, genital mutilation is the new self-sacrifice to the false idol of the cult of gender ideology in America. Notable 20th-century examples have included multiple personality disorders, bulimia and self-harm through cutting. The recent explosion in the number of gender dysphoria clinics is all the evidence you need to know that transgenderism is simply the latest.

In prior decades, social contagions disappeared over time because people became skeptical and eventually rational people said "enough is enough."

The difference today is that the left has turned transgenderism into an essential pillar of its ideological dogma and uses it as a cudgel to beat its political opponents into submission – by crying "bigot" at anyone who dares question this new cult.

The cult of gender ideology increasingly foists sexuality upon children ("drag queen story hour"), makes a mockery of women (can’t answer "what is a woman"), and undermines female sports (Lia Thomas and countless others) by creating a zero-sum game where men with mental health disorders dominate at the expense of women. Trans MMA fighter Fallon Fox beat her female opponent so severely she broke her skull.

Back when I was growing up, we would call that violence against women. Now we call that a victory for trans rights.

But by hitching itself to the ever-growing alphabet soup of "queer rights," the trans movement has successfully wrapped itself in a veneer of legitimacy and shut down rational debate or reasonable criticism.

Here’s how you know its belief system relies on religion rather than logic. The gay civil rights movement was based on a foundational principle: the sex of the person you’re attracted to is hardwired at birth, even though there’s no gay gene. Yet the trans movement tells us that your own sex is entirely fluid over your life, even though there is a definitive sex chromosome. These two beliefs are impossible to espouse at the same time – yet the LGBTQIA+ cult demands that you embrace them simultaneously nonetheless.

When this social contagion finally ends, those who stood up to it – from J.K. Rowling to Jordan Peterson – will be remembered as compassionate thought leaders who saved our culture from the cult, even as they are publicly flogged today.

Let’s abandon the farce that the "humane" thing to do is to affirm gender confusion, rather than to actually help those who suffer from it. That’s what it means to crack a cold hard truth.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The recent revelation (for me, anyway) that those who support and are attempting to normalize this aberrant behavior seek to groom and recruit young children because the "transgender" in our society are unable to procreate and therefore they must cultivate this mental disorder in children in order to recruit children to their cause, is another key for me.

Yes.

Until recently, I had never heard of Vivek Ramaswamy. I am increasingly impressed by him.

For me, it's an attack on family structure as the basic building block of civil society.

Edward Dowd, a shrewd and persistent critic of mRNA injections (among other things) makes this argument:

Meaning that discussion of transgender everything is a distraction and a waste of time, and stop talking about Dylan Mulvaney and the beer cans.

But the problem is that every crisis is the same crisis, and the trans crisis is the Covid-19 crisis: the same arguments from authority, the same gaslighting, the same strawmanning, the same bad faith, the same coercion, the same attack on family structure. Remember this, the argument from California legislators that it’s okay for children to go get the mRNA vaccines without parental knowledge or consent because they can already do the same with abortions and birth control?

https://chrisbray.substack.com...rue&utm_medium=email

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Oh this just keeps getting better and better. Nike is getting some backlash over sponsoring the same tranny.

‘Burn Bra Challenge’ gains momentum on TikTok in calls to boycott Nike over Dylan Mulvaney ads

quote:
Nike faced increasing backlash from women over having transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney promote the company’s apparel as a “Burn Bra Challenge” was launched on TikTok.

A self-described “Southern Mama” said she was “sick and tired” of Nike “pushing us around” before burning her sports bra and encouraging others to join in the viral challenge.

“All you real women out there – we are in the fight of all fights,” the woman who goes by the TikTok handle “chatterbox.mama” said to her more than 140,000 followers on Tuesday.

“Since the 1960s, we have been fighting for the right to be women,” she said.

“Nike, you should be ashamed of yourself,” the TikTok influencer continued.

“You chose a little boy with no breasts and some junk in his pants to represent real women.”

The TikToker declared: “Nike, I am done with you.”

“I will never, ever buy a Nike product for as long as I live,” she said.

“And there are millions and millions and millions of women just like me.”

She then challenged other woman to “burn your Nike bras…as a way of showing our solidarity and how serious we are that we will be recognized.”

“We are the queens, your consumers hit you where it hurts, and that’s right in your pocket,” she said.

“I challenge every real woman that is sick of this nonsense. It’s a great night to burn my Nike bras.”

She is then seen in the video putting two of her Nike brand bras into a fireplace by her pool.

The Post has reached out to Mulvaney, the TikTok influencer behind the “Burn Bra Challenge” and Nike seeking comment.

Mulvaney’s sponsorship of Nike, Bud Light, Kate Spade, and other brands have angered conservatives who say that companies are pushing a “woke” agenda.

Megyn Kelly lashed out at the “non-breasted” Mulvaney over the transgender social media influencer’s deal to pitch sports bras for Nike.

“Nike sponsoring Dylan Mulvaney now for a f–king sports bra,” Kelly said during Tuesday’s edition of “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM.

“I’m sorry, Dylan doesn’t have breasts.”

“Dylan’s been taking some sort of a hormone that has turned Dylan into some … I don’t know what’s happening there, but those are not breasts.”

“And Dylan doesn’t need any sort of a bra — never mind a sports bra,” according to Kelly.

Mulvaney, a TikTok influencer with more than 10 million followers who transitioned from a man to a woman during the COVID pandemic, recently started promoting Nike and Bud Light products on her social media accounts.

Last week, she unveiled her paid partnership with Nike by posing in a sports bra.

The posts were seen by her 2 million followers on Instagram.

“Alert the media — I’m entering my workout era,” Mulvaney wrote.

Her Bud Light partnership prompted high-profile names such as Kid Rock and Travis Tritt to vow a boycott of the beer.

Mulvaney on Tuesday accused her naysayers of bullying her because she’s an “easy target.”

She told the “Onward with Rosie O’Donnell” podcast her trolls distort her words to smear the transgender community.

“The reason that I think I am so…I’m an easy target is because I’m so new to this,” Mulvaney said.

“I think going after a trans woman that’s been doing this for like 20 years is a lot more difficult. I think maybe they think that there’s some sort of chance with me … But what is their goal?”

“These people, they don’t understand me and anything that I do or say then somehow gets taken out of context and is used against me and it’s so sad because everything I try to put out is positive. It’s trying to connect with others that maybe don’t understand me. It’s to make people laugh or to make a kid feel seen.”

posted Hide Post
Now we have some numbers to back up the boycott.

Anheuser-Busch loses more than $5 billion in value amid Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light controversy

quote:
Beer colossus Anheuser-Busch saw its value plummet more than $5 billion since the company announced its branding partnership with controversial transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Since March 31, shares of Bud Light’s parent company have fallen by nearly 4% — knocking down the company’s market capitalization from $132.38 billion to $127.13 billion on Wednesday.

Anheuser-Busch stock fizzled more than 1.5% on Wednesday.

The company is dealing with the fallout from conservatives over its deal with Mulvaney, the 26-year-old transgender influencer with more than 10 million followers on social media.

Mulvaney fired back at critics Tuesday, accusing them of bullying her because she’s an “easy target.”

As a guest on the “Onward with Rosie O’Donnell” podcast, Mulvaney said her trolls intentionally twist her words and actions in an effort to blast the transgender community.

“The reason that I think I am so … I’m an easy target is because I’m so new to this,” Mulvaney said. “I think going after a trans woman that’s been doing this for like 20 years is a lot more difficult. I think maybe they think that there’s some sort of chance with me … But what is their goal?”

“These people, they don’t understand me and anything that I do or say then somehow gets taken out of context and is used against me and it’s so sad because everything I try to put out is positive. It’s trying to connect with others that maybe don’t understand me. It’s to make people laugh or to make a kid feel seen.”

Mulvaney had posted videos and photos on social media promoting her sponsorship deal with Bud Light, which produced specially made cans with Mulvaney’s likeness to commemorate the partnership.

The Mulvaney endorsement deal prompted Kid Rock to shoot up several cans of Bud Light with an assault rifle.

The backlash even prompted a local Missouri distributor to cancel an appearance by the famous Budweiser Clydesdale horses due to fears for the safety of staffers.

Industry experts told The Post on Tuesday that the controversy appears to have staying power and could lead to a full-blown boycott of Anheuser-Bush products.

Mulvaney reportedly is pulling down more than $1 million in sponsorship deals with several big-name brands including Nike and Kate Spade.

Megyn Kelly lashed out at the “non-breasted” Mulvaney’s deal with Nike.

“Nike sponsoring Dylan Mulvaney now for a f–king sports bra,” Kelly said during Tuesday’s edition of “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM.

“I’m sorry, Dylan doesn’t have breasts.”

“Dylan’s been taking some sort of a hormone that has turned Dylan into some … I don’t know what’s happening there, but those are not breasts.”

“And Dylan doesn’t need any sort of a bra — never mind a sports bra,” according to Kelly.

Both Bud Light and Nike have pushed back against the criticism and stood by Mulvaney.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s trying to connect with others that maybe don’t understand me. It’s to make people laugh or to make a kid feel seen.

Right here, this is everything, connecting with kids to groom them, that's the agenda of grooming kids being funded by Nike and AB/InBev....

Sick, is the term, he's mentally ill, or, one of the greatest con men in a long time selling out Transgender conversion on social media for financial gain.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackrock or ESG Agenda

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2948 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post