SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fixed it, Clearly it riled you up, tends to be the trend in shooter posts, we all get charged up responses to posts on the subject.

If you would have told me 10 or 20 years ago that we would be having an actual conversation about the difficulty of deciding a gender I would have laughed and thought “you crazy!”

……and here we are. Frown Mad

Can we please go back to when the only question about a tranny was whether it was a 4,5 or 6 speed…..please God can we??? Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7749 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Fixed it…

Could use a couple more fixes Wink

you sound like my wife Razz

Posts: 23739 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we all decorate and personalize our possessions to some level- water bottles, coolers, gun case, the old fridge in the garage. I just look at it as does any of it have any sense at all. Her adornments are more slap-dash, my-mind-is-a-mess, perhaps they make sense to her and that's all that matters; gives some insight into how messy and cluttered her mind was.

Posts: 14795 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
She had stickers on her car too and it wasn’t even a Subaru. Should we read something into that? I don’t have stickers on my cars. Should I be worried about all those people who do?

People have said it here many times and I believe they are correct, you can’t understand crazy.

Posts: 11173 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's move on, please.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If you would have told me 10 or 20 years ago that we would be having an actual conversation about the difficulty of deciding a gender I would have laughed and thought “you crazy!”

……and here we are. Frown Mad

And yet you're referring to it as gender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

I'm not going to use the term "gender" anymore, because it's part of this social construct. It's an individual's sex.

Here's the origins of the movement that only added to the mental illness of the shooter, here is a quick look at the history of the problem:

Posts: 17340 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the media I've heard has referred to her as her or she. It also seems to be offending the trans community which is also pleasing to me.

Posts: 3486 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the media I've heard has referred to her as her or she. It also seems to be offending the trans community which is also pleasing to me.

Yes, "dead naming" a transgender individual or referring to a trans person as their pre-transition gender can be highly offensive. At the least, it shows that you aren't sensitive enough to remember, at worse it shows intentional disregard.

In this instance, because this fuckface is a child murdering asshole, I don't think any punches should be held.

Posts: 13055 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
es, "dead naming" a transgender individual or referring to a trans person as their pre-transition gender can be highly offensive.

Offensive, is the new "Racist" shout down, it's been engineered into a weapon to denigrate those who don't participate in this sexual deviant lunacy.

Stolen from offensives original definition and used by fringe groups in order to gain traction in the media and to shut up the average person, stop any dissention, national discussion gaining a foothold to expose them for what they are, deviants.

Similar to the use of "Racist" used to quiet any speech by anyone who doesn't comply...

Posts: 23739 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Yes, "dead naming" a transgender individual or referring to a trans person as their pre-transition gender can be highly offensive.

It's not offensive, it is logical.

She was born a female, and died a female. What happened in between was her problem., doesn't change the prior sentence.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, don't read too far into it.

I have a few friends who are "artistic/creative" types. Artists, graphic designers, clothing designers, etc. They all have that near-compulsion to decorate dang near everything they own, and they're constantly drawing/doodling.

Besides, I bet there's a decent percentage of the members here with a gun safe, range bag, and/or rifle case adorned in gun stickers or morale patches. Plus all the members who rattle-can their guns, put brightly colored aftermarket parts on them, or have them sent off to places like CCR to be made into pretty colors. Not to mention the folks who pick out stripped AR lowers based on which manufacturer has the coolest logo, and then rub the markings with crayon to fill them in. Big Grin

Well, I did say I was only mildly curious. Wink

Posts: 12196 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
IMO, we need to read her "manifesto". Only then will we know her motivation and mental processes.

Again, IMO, after that, we will see evidence of anti religion extremism and leftist calls to arms for the mentally unhinged.

Understand, the communist activists will never willingly allow the "manifesto" to be revealed. This would lend the leftist agenda to be exposed for what it is and perhaps give ammunition to those that oppose them.

Again, my opinion.

Posts: 2837 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Prog icon Cenk Uyger tells trans people to ‘get guns’ because ‘right wing lunatics are going to attack them’
By Thomas Lifson

Following the slaughter of Christians in Nashville by a trans-identifying female posing as male, and on the eve of an Antifa-sponsored “Trans Day of Vengeance,” progressive icon Cenk Uyger seems uncomfortably close to “yelling fire in a crowded theatre.”

Rush transcript by Grabien:

“I’ll be a little bit of a hypocrite here, but it’s not. I’ll explain why I’m saying it. I don’t like guns. I would ban assault weapons in a second. We can go on and on about the gun control that we need in this country. And I always tell people, don’t get guns, it’ll make you less safe. I’m going to make an exception here for trans people. They are actually in danger. They have had hundreds of laws passed against them. They have right-wing media ginning up fear against them 24/7. They are targeted more than any other group in America. And if anyone should get guns, it should be trans Americans, okay. Because I’m worried for them. I’m worried that the right-wing lunatics are going to attack them as they have over and over again. And by the way, it’s not just right-wing lunatics. Other people attack trans folks as well.”

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=wZA...jXOX9fftA&share=true

I don’t think that Uyger should be censored, but I do think that he ought to reconsider who exactly is at threat.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._to_attack_them.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted March 29, 2023 12:19 PM Hide Post
IMO, we need to read her "manifesto". Only then will we know her motivation and mental processes.

Again, IMO, after that, we will see evidence of anti religion extremism and leftist calls to arms for the mentally unhinged.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It will make about as much sense as what the Unabomber wrote.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Just another reminder, it’s not about ‘arming all the teachers’. Likely 80%+ have no inclination, desire to jump through some hoops, or possess the correct mindset.

That said, there are a % that would. Do that, then put signage at the front door like mentioned in WY. To me, that’s the way to fight this tragic possibility. This goes along with the controlled access at most schools.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

As a retired teacher of 30 years and nearly 3 more years as a substitute teacher, I had been an advocate for this position since the Michael Carneal School shooting in Paducah KY in 1998. But every time I tried to bring it to a discussion I was told it wouldn’t be considered. I now am employed in two part time jobs as a Range Security Officer in a local Gun Store/Gun Range and as a Court Security Officer with the local sheriff’s office. I am confident that I am in much safer positions now than in today’s schools.

My only regret is that I didn’t try to go “over the head” of my direct supervisors (assistant principal and principal of my high school by going directly to our local school board. Unlike most around the country ours was excellent. I know at least 2 out the 5 and probably 3 were/are very pro 2 amendment. One is a chairwoman of a local bank, has a website called “Pistol Packing Mamas”, and is a CCDW instructor. Heck, she instructed my son and daughter’s CCDW class when they turned 21. Another board member is the wife of a Circuit Judge at the Justice Center (think courthouse ) where I now work. And 2 of the other 3 are attorneys that I see on almost a daily basis in the Justice Center

We have to get past the supposed position of “Any guns in schools are bad”. Firearms in the hands of multiple competent and trained people who are there in the building every day is the only thing that can lessen the impact of these horrific events. Notice I said lessen. As long as evil lives in the human mind, humans will do evil things. But we can be more prepared to stop them at an earlier point in time.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There is nothing quite like having a raving psycho path refer to a large portion of the law abiding citizens of this country as right-wing lunatics.

This moron makes it sound like people wearing MAGA hats are roving in bands and beating trans people openly in the street.

These people seem to be winding themselves into a frenzy because they want to be openly and flamboyantly different, and don't like that everyone doesn't agree.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Too much testosterone hormone

A transgender has, with hormone treatments, a male aggressiveness coupled with a female emotionalism, a bizarre and disturbing combination. And Democrats would love to have more of them in society.

The original batshit crazy of “I’m a different gender” is already in the psychobitch stew before the extra ingredient, (T), is added.
And yes, I agree that the Ds would LOVE to have more unstable nutjobs running around ruining our Republic.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3783 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
And yet you're referring to it as gender.

I'm not going to use the term "gender" anymore, because it's part of this social construct. It's an individual's sex.
I've been saying that for years! Thank you. "Gender" is properly a language element, and there are 3: masculine, feminine, and neuter. Many languages use it for nouns and pronouns and insist that adjectives and verbs agree with it (declension and conjugatioin). It has no place in defining humans.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen this mentioned yet. It is now reported that the shooter was using a pistol-caliber carbine.
https://www.westernjournal.com...conservative-tribune

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. Rogue pointed it out several posts above.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post