SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My local school district has teachers that took training and have access to firearms. We also have SROs. There are signs on the schools that teachers are armed.
There was a big uproar at first - but that faded. I would guess there will not be any objections today.

PC

Posts: 1346 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16459 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the person was a boy, and was trying to become a girl. The shoulders, etc., do not look like any girl or woman I have known. Also if she is a "woman" now, and trans, she would have been a boy before.

-c1steve

Posts: 4086 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I believe the person was a boy, and was trying to become a girl. The shoulders, etc., do not look like any girl or woman I have known. Also if she is a "woman" now, and trans, she would have been a boy before.

No. It's been confirmed for a while now by Nashville PD that she was biologically female, but preferred masculine pronouns.

From https://apnews.com/article/nas...e682877403c0c3e52aa7

quote:
For hours Monday, police identified the shooter as a woman. Later in the day, the police chief said Hale was transgender.

In an email Tuesday, police spokesperson Kristin Mumford said Hale “was assigned female at birth. Hale did use male pronouns on a social media profile.”

Later Tuesday, at the news conference, [Chief] Drake referred to Hale with female pronouns.

Posts: 32653 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Respectfully, we're 9 pages in, and it was clarified on page 4 or 5 from the 2nd press conference. FEMALE who wanted to be a boy...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6250 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Allow teachers to be armed as well, if they wish to.

I agree. IMO, any adult on campus; teacher, janitor, administrator, food service, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the children taken was a girl that reportedly was trying to pull a fire alarm. From the Daily Mail, via MSN.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ec80f82591bec6&ei=12

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
One of the children taken was a girl that reportedly trying to pull a fire alarm. From the Daily Mail, via MSN.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ec80f82591bec6&ei=12

If you want to identify a hero in this... this girl is the one. She put herself in harms way to protect others with no requirement to do so. She thought of saving others ahead of her personal safety.

It also shows how calculating and evil the shooter was to murder a child taking an action that would limit her damage.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That article put faces to names of good folks. I hope/would love to hear that Mr. Hill (identifed as a chef here, custodian in an earlier article) at least got a couple of good punches in.

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The shooter was born with OEM female parts.

Posts: 4125 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Two parts worth mentioning in the body camera footage: 1) responding officers tapping their buddy with the long to move up front and 2) dumping rounds into his/her semi-lifeless body.

Posts: 1967 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man, come on. Try reading the damn thread. There is no excuse for being so far behind the curve. Stop trying to be Sherlock Holmes by looking at photos of this freak and read the thread and what is posted everywhere on the internet.
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
2) dumping rounds into his/her semi-lifeless body.
As far as I'm concerned, they should have shot her some more, then taken her carcass out to the parking lot and run over it about twenty times.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider this: These scumbags always shoot their way INTO the target building. Tactical error. This gives responding cops the ability to locate, trap and engage them. Sooner or later, someone will figure out that a surreptitious, low key entry into the target and then opening fire and shooting their way OUT will give them more targets and a chance to escape. It will also put responding cops at greater risk because the shooter can engage them before they can organize and form teams. There is enough media coverage of police active shooter tactics that some of these losers will try to adapt their actions to counter the first responders. Its inevitable and its well known that these types study prior events when they plan this stuff out.
I cant help but think a little less publicity about police tactics during these events is a good thing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16200 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Man, come on. Try reading the damn thread. There is no excuse for being so far behind the curve. Stop trying to be Sherlock Holmes by looking at photos of this freak and read the thread and what is posted everywhere on the internet.
quote:
As far as I'm concerned, they should have shot her some more, then taken her carcass out to the parking lot and run over it about twenty times.

Yep. Then dump her in a field somewhere. "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I cant help but think a little less publicity about police tactics during these events is a good thing.

A lot less, or even no, publicity would be a good thing. I always wonder how many lunatics are watching all this coverage and thinking hmmmmmmm I could be famous

Posts: 785 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

This! Then play it over and over again, so everyone sees what happens to evil. I believe this would deter some, not all, but some.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36860 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:

A lot less, or even no, publicity would be a good thing. I always wonder how many lunatics are watching all this coverage and thinking hmmmmmmm I could be famous

Well, that ship sailed. As ASG noted some pages back, this one will quickly get forgotten because it wasn't a straight white male, same as the Michigan State shooter, the Ft Hood shooter, the shooter in Dallas who assassinated a bunch of cops in 2014, the Pulse Nightclub shooter, and the DC snipers nobody has mentioned in nearly two decades. In a month, nobody will be talking about this.

If they're going to make a circus out every bloodbath, then we need to not forget the people lost to the shooters who don't fit the narrative, and we can do that by quickly pointing these people out every time "gun violence" is discussed. What we've been doing, not talking about it and quickly letting it go because we're decent human beings with values who don't partake in the orgy of violence the media turns everything into are the ones who keep losing every time we do this dance, because we're letting them frame the discussion. It won't be here, but I'll be making a list of all these people to bring up every time I find myself party to a conversation where "gun violence" is the topic. What good it will do, I cannot guess. It probably won't save anyone from a shooting, but maybe it'll make people slower to say "urrr yeah! Nobody needs guns, take dem away!" In, and of itself, that may save some lives.

As for Miss Confused, I hope it fucking hurt. A lot. I hope she was in emotional and physical agony as her life slipped away, and I hope she realized somewhere before the lights blinked out that she was a waste of skin and would have been better off never being born. Should've domed herself and saved us all the trouble.

Posts: 17337 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pronouns

Posts: 441 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just another reminder, it’s not about ‘arming all the teachers’. Likely 80%+ have no inclination, desire to jump through some hoops, or possess the correct mindset.

That said, there are a % that would. Do that, then put signage at the front door like mentioned in WY. To me, that’s the way to fight this tragic possibility. This goes along with the controlled access at most schools.

Posts: 6230 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:

Almost without exception, mass killers study previous mass killers. The typically idolize one particular event. They frequently leave a manifesto or social media trail showing they are trying to get a higher body count than some other event.

The repeating of the perps name in the news and non-stop media coverage is without doubt a significant contributor to future mass killings.

I do not believe the public has an unlimited need for immediate news coverage. The media is whoring out for revenue $ at the expense of future dead children. There is plenty of opportunity for restrained coverage, especially in the immediate time of a school or mass shooting.

Posts: 9554 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post