SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So, it's my understanding that the trans crowd have the highest rate of suicide of any group in the US. That's the only genocide I can think of when it comes to them.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
There are many gays who are appalled at the current trans craziness—specifically about inflicting it on kids. I’ve heard of at least two organizations that have been formed to try to separate trans people from the gay community. One is called Gay Not Trans.

There's another I keep hearing about/from called Gays Against Groomers. According to Advocate.com, the founder "Jaimee Michell, and her partners are former ultra-MAGA Trump followers who spread anti-transgender propaganda with QAnon conspiracy theories and links to extremist militias, according to a Media Matters for America investigation published last week." So, basically everything the fucking whackadoos accuse us of. Ultra-MAGA still makes me giggle.

I've had a few gay friends over the years. One of them is a guy my wife went to high school with who throws a Christmas party every year at his condo in Cocoa Beach that we attend when travel allows. The guy is so flamboyantly gay that it's beyond stereotypical, it's almost to the point of caricature. However, he's a genuinely good and kind soul, and I like him as a friend. Extremely successful. Owns a regional business, orders and picks up a brand new BMW from the factory in Germany every year and drives it to the pier on that end and picks it up from the pier on this end. Very much wired with his head on straight. Another guy was the dude I bought weed from in college. He was also super gay, and the best part? He was a staunch conservative, hated Democrats, hated "progressives" and had a serious love/hate relationship with Twinks. He felt like much of the gay community was their own worst enemy with the Pride stuff. "Fags on parade" he called it. He also hated that most gay men tended to vote against their own interests for a party that wanted to control all aspects of everyone's lives. The guy had conviction like you'd love to see from the people who keep voting for establishment RINOs. I worked with him in the kitchens at our college around the time the campus "LGBA" renamed to the "LGBTA" and I remember him saying "those people have nothing to do with us." If it wasn't for the lisp and the hand gestures, you could sit him down at a Sigforum meet with anyone here for a few hours of conversation and ya'll wouldn't know the difference. Another was a highschool classmate who was so smart the history teacher had him lecture for a week before the state exams because we were ahead of schedule. The guy spoke extemporaneously for an hour every day about ancient Greek and Roman history, and he was easily on par with the best college professors I had. He went into the Navy, became an officer, married a guy and when I check Facebook twice a year, he's active on there and doing well.

Not mentally ill. I've spent a lot of time around mental illness of various kinds, and the dealing with. The gay people I've come to know in my lifetime tend to be value-oriented, productive people. Trans is a whole other thing.

To shift gears a bit, we live in a time where I believe that fully half the population or better has a very warped perspective of things. How and why, I'll leave others to suss out. For sure, the internet and the 24hr news cycle is part of it, echo chambers and all that. In the last five or ten years, the perfect illustration of doublethink became a societal norm with "silence is violence" and "words are violence" being beliefs held at the same time by large chunks of our population. Sheer cognitive dissonance at worst, and at best, merely a poor excuse for anything at all. Those concepts, carried out further by people really stirred up emotionally, can be taken to extreme ends, a very dangerous place: where they believe that essentially anything short of fully and gleefully supporting their every whim is a threat to their existence, and that since they've been part of [oppressed group of people], it's time to fight back. I don't doubt for a minute that this girl thought the whole world hated her and wanted her dead. It isn't true, but it may as well have been given the social climate and the perspectives people have chosen to reinforce at the highest levels. Banging that drum loudly for years in a cheap ploy for votes to come to power by people who don't actually give a shit about the people who put them there is going to take us to places none of us wants to see.

Posts: 17340 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is not the shooter. This is another transactivist with an AR posting video of he/her/it with a weapon

Posts: 13382 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The most dangerous guns are those in a government’s hands
By Andrea Widburg

Tucker Carlson made a great point last night: There are about 70 million more guns in America than there are citizens, and gun owners have billions of rounds. If guns were inherently dangerous, America would be in a perpetual state of Armageddon-like warfare, but it’s not. That’s because most Americans are good people. But there is a group of people that should never be allowed sole possession of guns because when they go bad, they go very, very bad, and that’s government employees—and I’ve got the numbers to prove it.
(read more)

https://www.americanthinker.co...vernments_hands.html

Tucker Carlson: No sane person wants this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlMEaFzpek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
There's a pretty good sized "protest" going on right now at the TN state capitol. Mostly libs wanting red flag laws and other types of "gun control".

Of course we all know that would have done nothing WRT to the latest shooting.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tough shit. Guns don't kill people.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

RE RED FLAG LAWS
The problem is twofold.

1-They can and obviously will be abused by numerous parties.

2-When/If they are used properly for legitimate reasons the people likely to know about these reasons aren't likely to drop the dime so to speak because its a family member or old friend or school buddy etc. and we would all hesitate to make call that could have drastic implications on somebody's life that we value.

Hence we are back to they will really just be abused.

Has there ever been any kind of study that says X% of these folks were on Y Drug? Again a slippery slope I know because just because 10 assholes on anti depressants go apes shit a million didn't

I HONESTLY cannot see a practical way beyond this beyond hardening targets. The PD chief even said in one of his early interviews it appears she skipped other targets due to security measures in place.

The reality is crazy and ambush will almost ALWAYS be able to take at least a single life. If somebody on the street decided to kill you for whatever reason there is NOTHING you could do to stop them from randomly (stabbing/shooting/running you over/hitting you with a baseball bat etc.) You MIGHT have a fighting chance if you get an inkling its coming but if some rando walks up behind you and slits your throat..........

Sigh world still at BATSHIT to 11.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7749 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
There's a pretty good sized "protest" going on right now at the TN state capitol. Mostly libs wanting red flag laws and other types of "gun control".

LOL, her parents were ardent gun control activists.

This case was a burning neon red flag and everyone apparently ignored the warning signs. We don't need more laws if everyone will ignore common sense and let people like this slide.

It's amazing how the liberals on one hand doesn't want anyone to be inconvenienced or have their rights trodden on by the evil police with an investigation if they are acting threatening to themselves or others. Yet they want to assure that any law abiding gun owners have little or no rights should they simply disagree with someone or vocalize disapproval of a persons actions.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1601 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When will we see the formation of the March 30th Comittee in Congress?

It's mid-day on a Thursday. Go to work, assholes. Go back to school. Where's your mommy?

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My brother’s family including his in-laws are all extreme leftists with one exception: his wife’s sister, born brother, who transitioned long ago as an adult. Still rides motorcycles, and politically quite conservative as our older son discovered after a long conversation. This is the classic Christine Jorgensen type I mentioned in my earlier post.

Posts: 18181 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Amazing how violent those who are protesting gun violence can be isn't it.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ty-officers-n2621343

Biden Says 'No' to School Safety Bill

In Thursday's White House press briefing, Karine Jean-Pierre made the Biden administration's clearly partisan position clear regarding legislation aimed at making schools and students safer: Biden won't consider anything other than a ban on "assault weapons."

As Townhall reported earlier on Thursday, Republican Senators Marsha Blackburn and Bill Hagerty of Tennessee introduced the SAFE Act, a $900 million grant program to help public and private schools harden their physical security and hire veterans and former law enforcement officers as additional security and as a deterrent to assailants.

But the White House, according to Karine Kean-Pierre, isn't interested in taking steps to make schools safer for the students who attend them by making it more difficult for assailants to enter the premises, introduce trained individuals who could defend schools and the students within them, or create more deterrents that could dissuade a would-be assailant from targeting schools in the first place.

When asked what President Biden's position on the SAFE Act was, Jean-Pierre pledged she was "going to be very clear here," before doing the opposite and stumbling through a long-winded answer that was filled with false claims and ultimately rejected the SAFE Act and the help it would provide to schools working to harden and secure their premises.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israel has armed security.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Israel has armed security.
I love their take on airport security unlike our dog and pony show.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden declares March 31 Transgender Day of Visibility

https://thehill.com/changing-a...r-day-of-visibility/

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

They might want to reconsider making themselves more visible, given what just happened.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Complete frauds.

CBS execs bar the word ‘transgender’ from reports on Nashville shooter: ‘This is not journalism’

“The shooter’s gender identity has not been confirmed by CBS News,” the network’s executives insisted in a Tuesday memo obtained by The Post. “As such, we should avoid any mention of it as it has no known relevance to the crime. Should that change, we can and will revisit.”

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1539 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

The day before the 'Trans Day of Vengeance'???

What the hell is he doing???

343 - Never Forget