SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As far as I'm concerned, they should have shot her some more, then taken her carcass out to the parking lot and run over it about twenty times.

Yes, I agree totally, they didn't ventilate the shooter enough. Whatever it chose to identify itself as in life I now identify it as a CORPSE.

Posts: 12236 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Allow teachers to be armed as well, if they wish to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. Headed to the desk of Governor Reeves. Wish I had the details.

Posts: 17503 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Allow teachers to be armed as well, if they wish to.

^This. Having all these "Gun Free Zones" just rings the dinner bell for predators. They go after schools as they KNOW they'll face no immediate resistance. Need to make it where school staff can carry if they desire. Don't have to mandate it. But put the doubt in the mind of the predator and they'll hunt elsewhere. But the states would have to prohibit the school districts from implementing a defacto ban via employment policy.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Just out of mild curiosity, can anyone tell me what those weirdass stickers on the shooter's firearms are? Is that something in Arabic on the buttstock of the AR?

And it annoys me that there will be those who will try to assign some sort of martyrdom to this loser.

Posts: 12236 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As far as I'm concerned, they should have shot her some more, then taken her carcass out to the parking lot and run over it about twenty times.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Just out of mild curiosity, can anyone tell me what those weirdass stickers on the shooter's firearms are? Is that something in Arabic on the buttstock of the AR?

And it annoys me that there will be those who will try to assign some sort of martyrdom to this loser.

It is Aiden on the buttstock, her "his" name. Don't know anything about the stickers.

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else find it strange that the day after, we have a buttload of information about the shooter? Even releasing the body cams a day after? No conspiracy theories, just strange.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Does anyone else find it strange that the day after, we have a buttload of information about the shooter? Even releasing the body cams a day after? No conspiracy theories, just strange.

No, I don't find it strange. Because it's not a complicated situation. As far as mass shootings go, it's actually pretty cut-and-dried. Compare this to the Uvalde school shooting, where they're still peeling back the layers and dealing with the ramifications of that shit-show of a response, or the Las Vegas music festival shooting, where years afterwards they're still trying to figure out why exactly that guy twisted off.

Whereas this whole thing unfolded on camera, and the shooter was quickly killed during the incident, both of which simplify things. It further simplifies things that it was a small school, and they locked down quickly which limited the shooter's access to victims and resulted in relatively few casualties, both of which means there is a smaller/simpler scene to process. Plus the shooter was nice enough to leave behind a detailed manifesto and all of their planning documents.

Nashville PD wanted to get out in front of a Uvalde-style PR disaster, plus help tame the rampant speculation that inevitably follows any mass shooting, so they released all of the basic details, along with the bodycam footage showing their guys doing exactly what they should have done, as soon as feasible.

This is almost certainly going to become a model example of how to handle a school shooting, not only from a tactical/response point of view but also from an administrative/PR point of view.

Unfortunately, this type of rapid information release won't always be possible, since it partly depends on factors like the scope and complexity of the events, the response, and the subsequent investigation.

Posts: 33069 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what he said.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seven people new this person, and the mental issues .

All chose to remain silent .

I want to believe that had her mental issues been addressed by professionals.

This could have been avoided.

Would it be worth a $15.00 per month tax to pay the professionals to treat the mentally ill ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55197 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nashville shooter was under doctor’s care for ‘an emotional disorder’

And, until yesterday, the day of the shooting, which she posted on social media about "die today", and they were going to hear about her action on the news, there were no indications of her future actions (from what we know so far). Unless she told her doc of her plans, the doc cannot warn the authority of anything.

Q

Posts: 27566 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
^^^^ My guess is you nailed it early in this thread: Too much testosterone hormone

Posts: 4822 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
n 1985, the California legislature codified the Tarasoff rule: California law now provides that a psychotherapist has a duty to protect or warn a third party only if the therapist actually believed or predicted that the patient posed a serious risk of inflicting serious bodily injury upon a reasonably identifiable ...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Duty to warn plain and simple.

Posts: 17503 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I cant help but think a little less publicity about police tactics during these events is a good thing.

A lot less, or even no, publicity would be a good thing. I always wonder how many lunatics are watching all this coverage and thinking hmmmmmmm I could be famous

I do not believe the public has an unlimited need for immediate news coverage. The media is whoring out for revenue $ at the expense of future dead children. There is plenty of opportunity for restrained coverage, especially in the immediate time of a school or mass shooting.

I have said it for years now the 24 hour news has done nothing good for society.
It puts many people’s focus in the wrong place and gives people a false sense of doom and gloom.

I quite watching the new years ago and quit listening to talk radio as well.
I am a much happier person because of it.

I’ll check out a few headlines in the evening and check in here for anything major but I quit searching out news and am in such a better mood.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25687 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Gotta love Donut...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trans Violence And Threats Are On The Rise

https://nationalfile.com/trans...ats-are-on-the-rise/

Monday’s shooting at Covenant School is the latest example of tranny violence gripping the United States of America. National File previously reported on a trans activist assaulting an Oklahoma State Lawmaker and a police officer at the Oklahoma State Capitol. A Trans activist recently released a video encouraging violence. Antifa has also been attending and assaulting protesters at Drag Queen Story Hour for kids.

Following Monday’s shooting at Covenant School, Americans became concerned about a video created by a trans individual named Kayla Danker. In the video, Kayla is holding a gun and threatening violence if trans individuals are not granted their demands.

Videos at link:

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Two parts worth mentioning in the body camera footage: 1) responding officers tapping their buddy with the long to move up front and 2) dumping rounds into his/her semi-lifeless body.

Please don’t indulge the insanity! It was a HER! Not a his/her lifeless body!

Posts: 1293 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Personally have never been a fan of Robert O’Neill, this does not help….

This is nothing more than my perception, but it feels like “celebrity gun owners” are quick to offer compromises.

A long time ago somebody on this board made me understand the concept of “no compromise” because as soon as you give one thing, that’s their victory, and makes them digging deeper for the next thing.

I mention 2A and mental health and you far right-wing psychos attack me. Congrats defending a child killer. You are the reason gun owners look bad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Until they realize that there is only one goal in the gun grabbers' playbook, they will continue to compromise.

Q

Posts: 27566 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post