SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just had a conversation about this with a co-worker. (I avoid these subjects as much as possible.)

I thought it was a student who did it. He told me they were 28(?). I said that just drove home my point.

Why would you go shoot up a school you don't go to?

A school where the people there had absolutely nothing to do with you?

We've seen it happen before. Why?

Because it's just what you do now. Thanks to TV and the internet this has become a normal response to your problems. Plus you'll be Twitter famous.

Posts: 21148 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is a direct result of the breakdown in the mental health system. The premise of keeping the mentally ill in the main stream was flawed from the beginning.

You pair that with an entire generation that gets triggered into overwhelming anxiety at the mere sight of an object, hearing a word, or even thinking someone might say or do something and you have a recipe for disaster.

Then take it a few steps worse by glorifying the actors on TV for months inspiring more idiots while deftly shifting blame to groups of people where were in no way involved or influential in the event.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38037 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is a direct result of the breakdown in the mental health system. The premise of keeping the mentally ill in the main stream was flawed from the beginning.

You pair that with an entire generation that gets triggered into overwhelming anxiety at the mere sight of an object, hearing a word, or even thinking someone might say or do something and you have a recipe for disaster.

Then take it a few steps worse by glorifying the actors on TV for months inspiring more idiots while deftly shifting blame to groups of people where were in no way involved or influential in the event.
Very well said .

Posts: 4095 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Will they now cut the bullshit and finally admit that a "transgender woman" is actually a male? They will focus on the guns and not the shooter, and they will certainly not acknowledge the deep confusion and mental illness they have helped to foster with this charade of "if you say you're a woman, then, your a woman."

This paragraph hit the nail right on the head. We're not only allowing it...we're encouraging it. Mental Health in this country is completely co-opted by leftist ideology and has actually changed the standards to avoid calling this psychosis what it actually is...a mental disorder. Instead, they're pushing it onto people, particularly kids.

I listed to the Shawn Ryan interview with Chris Beck last week. The guy has clearly been through a lot and has some crazy going on, but if you listen to his story it's pretty appalling the way that the government, the schools, and the medical community are pushing this crap onto the vulnerable and weak-minded. And if you speak out against it you get cancelled...Beck actually said he gets death threats just for telling his story.

This country is in a mental health crisis of our own making because we've chosen to follow a narrative that's not the truth. Not "your truth" or "my truth." That's not a thing. Truth is objective. It's right or wrong. Often it's offensive...some things are just wrong, no matter how much that might hurt somebody's feelings.

It used to be that the pursuit and advocacy of truth was commendable...these days it'll get your life ruined. It's exactly the same crap that used to happen in the Soviet Union, and a big part of the reason that entity no longer exists. We're doing our darndest to follow in their footsteps.

Posts: 8736 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
These mentally ill have no place in society - either institutionalize or euthanize - there are no other options.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4593 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The blame game from the alphabet crowd is already starting. This is the state of Tennessee's fault for their clear hatred of trans people Roll Eyes

They are absolute masters of blame shifting

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38037 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Something else my parents reminded me - there is a fire station just below the church, which is on a hill. I don't know if that contributed to the quick response time.

Oh, and Para - thanks for allowing this thread. I know it helps people by spreading information, and allows people to vent.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6084 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
CNN has refused to acknowledged the shooter as trans, or even hinted at it. CBS News has printed in a 3nd tier article that the gender is unknown, but not mentioned in the latest update reports.

What is hammered repeatedly is the phrase "assault weapon". Repeatedly.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16781 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
dick/vag, he/his/her/IT who cares - fucked up person killed innocent folks. I'm sure we'll find out all the signs were there, no one did anything. Ignorance is bliss, someone else's problem. This is our world now.

We've had kids for years, schools for years, guns for years, but school shootings pretty much go hand in hand with the advent of the internet/social media. We hold no one accountable, only deal with the aftermath, rather poorly.

Lets all just keep working from home and i'm sure everything will be fine...

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I'm wondering if they'll make the claim that the Christian school is responsible for repressing the shooter's sexual expression and that, in the end, it's the school's fault.

It was a Presbyterian school. As a nearly lifelong Presbyterian, I can tell you that is not a notably conservative denomination, assuming they are associated with the large, national denomination.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53130 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
This is body cam footage from two of the responding officers at the school who engaged and took down the shooter.

The obvious, the PD is clearly sending a "we aren't Uvalde" message. Started with the Chief's presser yesterday.

Responding body cam

Posts: 4111 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bennyjohns...522831330004992?s=20

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9043 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is body cam footage from two of the responding officers at the school who engaged and took down the shooter.

The obvious, the PD is clearly sending a "we aren't Uvalde" message.

Quick, decisive and overwhelming response.
Kudos!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24216 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1588 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This body cam footage seems in line with the training that I know Michigan police go through for these incidents. As soon as you get a team of 4 they enter and sweep quickly to neutralize the shooter. All departments cross train together so it doesn't matter who arrives, the first (4) make entry and sweep. The 2nd (4) follow but a different path so they don't cross and engage each other.

From the 2nd body cam it looks like the shooter has a tactical vest, camo pants and perhaps an AR style rifle (hard to see) and a Keltec SUB2000 with extended mag.

343 - Never Forget

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

The obvious, the PD is clearly sending a "we aren't Uvalde" message. Started with the Chief's presser yesterday.

Responding body cam

Outstanding. Damn near textbook active shooter response.

Quickly gathered into small teams and made immediate entry. Took a slower and more methodical room-clearing approach when there was no overt stimulus apparent upon initial arrival, then once there was active stimulus (gunshots from above), rapidly moved directly to the sound of gunfire and decisively engaged the attacker.

Despite a few minor quibbles (totally understandable as things will never go 100% right during a stressful active shooter response situation), this bodycam footage will see significant training usage for years to come.

Bravo MNPD.

Posts: 32613 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have given my kid a rubber doorstop to be used if he’s in a lockdown. (But only if he hears gunfire) It’s in the outermost pocket of his backpack. They don’t use lockers so the backpack is always with him.

I have taught him about guns and instructed him that many, many people think they are hearing fireworks when actually it’s gunfire.

I have him go over what he will do if there’s a lockdown and he hears “fireworks”.
1. Go put the door stop under the door and kick it into place,
2. Go open a window, and put a chair under it to be better at getting out thru it,and be prepared to climb out and run
3. If the gunman gets closer-get out, run away, encourage other kids to run too.

I have been handing out doorstops to his teachers since kindergarten. Even gave them Velcro to keep the doorstop on the door so there’s no searching for it.

I told this to my neighbor who has a kid in the same grade and school as mine. Then I handed him a doorstop.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11337 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Those poor children. This is so avoidable. The answer is clear for those with eyes to see. Evil, selfish rectums will always target the defenseless. The answer is to create an active vicious defense.

I noticed in the video how the officer maintained his AR with the safety on and thumb resting on the lever. If that is protocol, imagine the concentration it would take to clear a room and thumb the safety only when need be. All while battling emotion and tracking the perp.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29767 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna put on my Cap'n obvious hat and say that this will not engender sympathy for trans people.

The cat is out of the bag about the shooter. The media's obvious bias is naked and ugly.

Posts: 5173 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
In spite of the warning of potentially 'upsetting images', this is about as racy as the recent J6 'tour' videos. There is no takedown or anything else. You do get a look at the dipshit though.

There's also this crap:

'I just need to die'. Yeah, I just have to kill a few little kids and others before I go.

AMF. Hope you burn in Hell.

Posts: 7283 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post