SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
At this point, the only way to succeed in defeating these acts of violence is through the use of greater, more effective violence paired with training and resolve. Simply putting locks on classroom doors isn’t nearly enough. Armed, trained, competent security and the notion that teachers should be armed as well if they are just as competent, willing, and trained are a huge step towards protecting the innocent that are incapable/ unwilling to protect themselves. As we saw with the Nashville shooting, a known hard target is passed over with preference for a softer one.

Lazy leftists that seek government control over every aspect of our lives whine and complain that they don’t want to live in Israel don’t realize that Israel is already here. On a very small scale of course, as mass shootings really are not that prevalent at all. When just the sheer number of military pattern weapons owned by Americans is taken into consideration, those that are used in ANY crime are irrefutably small. But focusing on the tool rather than the wielders is part of an agenda to disarm the nation. The powers that be know forcing disarmament is a mistake and dangerous to their continued existence so instead of creating a viable solution to the problem, their answer is to wait until the next tragedy and making it into a media event. At our children’s expense.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Publishing a manifesto is not the same as showing the perp's face and publishing his name.

The most effective way to prevent a kid from becoming a school shooter in the future is to ban all mention of his name and all depictions of his face. They all start out admiring a previous shooter, and study them. They seek the same kind of publicity and notoriety. They seek to do something even more spectacular.

There are obvious 1st Amendment issues, and 5th Amendment if the perp survives and goes to trial. Still, there are reasonable restrictions which could be imposed (hey just going with the modern philosophies), and the media could choose to be responsible voluntarily.

Publishing the manifesto seems to me a good idea since motivation is important information for the general public in discussing how to deal with school mass murderers.

Posts: 9555 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
https://www.artofmanliness.com...to-barricade-a-door/

This has ideas for both inward and outward swinging doors.

Posts: 12508 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I listened to this live while driving around for work the other day. I found it a good listen (20 min). It’s obvious some people actually understand the real reasons

https://www.audacy.com/wwl/new...isis-brought-us-here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6254 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tennessee House Democrat Justin Jones Assaulted Driver during 2020 Protests, Video Shows

https://news.yahoo.com/tenness...jones-170100137.html

Tennessee house Democrat Justin Jones, who was just reinstated to the chamber after being expelled for leading a disruptive gun-control protest on the floor, assaulted a driver and faced serious charges for other misconduct committed while attending racial-justice protests in the summer of 2020.

Footage of rioting outside the state Capitol in 2020 first shared by Scoop Nashville appears to show Jones repeatedly hitting the driver of a car with a traffic cone. The video, which was resurfaced by the Post Millenial, shows Jones and other activists stopping and surrounding the vehicle before the driver escaped.

https://www.scoopnashville.com...e-grand-jury-agrees/

Jones was charged with assault, assault on an officer, and reckless endangerment, for which he was indicted on two counts after the video was presented to the grand jury in his case. Despite his violent behavior, Jones claimed in June 2021 that he was being “peaceful” and claims to the contrary were a “false narrative.”

“They will try to push a false narrative portraying me as ‘violent’ as a way to deflect from their own actions. They will suggest that I am out of order. That is their strategy. However, I’m hopeful for the chance to present our evidence in a transparent manner,” he tweeted.

Jones alleged that police colluded with prosecutors to “weaponize the law as a form of punishment for the mere fact that we chose to stand up.”

Last week, Jones, alongside progressive lawmakers Justin Pearson and Gloria Johnson, was stripped of committee assignments and ousted from the statehouse by a vote of 72 to 25. All three legislators were accused of egging on protesters, who stood on a balcony within the chambers chanting, “Fascists! Fascists!” Demonstrators also blocked several entryways and exits, forcing state troopers to step in to assist members in moving throughout the building.

“What they did is they hijacked the house floor which has never been done in our history,” house speaker Cameron Sexton told National Review of the three lawmakers. “They pulled out a bullhorn. They weren’t recognized. They were ruled out of order and they led a protest from the house floor with a bullhorn to those in the balcony. They shut down the proceedings of the house. We had to go into recess due to their actions.”

Tennessee house Democrat Justin Jones, who was just reinstated to the chamber after being expelled for leading a disruptive gun-control protest on the floor, assaulted a driver and faced serious charges for other misconduct committed while attending racial-justice protests in the summer of 2020.

Footage of rioting outside the state Capitol in 2020 first shared by Scoop Nashville appears to show Jones repeatedly hitting the driver of a car with a traffic cone. The video, which was resurfaced by the Post Millenial, shows Jones and other activists stopping and surrounding the vehicle before the driver escaped.

Jones was charged with assault, assault on an officer, and reckless endangerment, for which he was indicted on two counts after the video was presented to the grand jury in his case. Despite his violent behavior, Jones claimed in June 2021 that he was being “peaceful” and claims to the contrary were a “false narrative.”

“They will try to push a false narrative portraying me as ‘violent’ as a way to deflect from their own actions. They will suggest that I am out of order. That is their strategy. However, I’m hopeful for the chance to present our evidence in a transparent manner,” he tweeted.

Jones alleged that police colluded with prosecutors to “weaponize the law as a form of punishment for the mere fact that we chose to stand up.”

Last week, Jones, alongside progressive lawmakers Justin Pearson and Gloria Johnson, was stripped of committee assignments and ousted from the statehouse by a vote of 72 to 25. All three legislators were accused of egging on protesters, who stood on a balcony within the chambers chanting, “Fascists! Fascists!” Demonstrators also blocked several entryways and exits, forcing state troopers to step in to assist members in moving throughout the building.

“What they did is they hijacked the house floor which has never been done in our history,” house speaker Cameron Sexton told National Review of the three lawmakers. “They pulled out a bullhorn. They weren’t recognized. They were ruled out of order and they led a protest from the house floor with a bullhorn to those in the balcony. They shut down the proceedings of the house. We had to go into recess due to their actions.”

Then on Monday, Jones was unanimously appointed as an interim representative for the 52nd district by the Metropolitan Council of Nashville and Davidson County. The Shelby County Board of Commissioners also sent Pearson back to the Tennessee house as an interim representative less than a week after he was kicked out. Both lawmakers will have to win special elections to be officially reinstated.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Transgender activist whose threatening video went viral after Nashville shooting gets fired from US Forest Agency and blames Biden

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...s-kayla-denker-fired

A transgender activist whose threatening video went viral after the horrendous mass shooting in Nashville, Tennessee, was fired from the U.S. Forest Service and blamed the Biden administration.

"I've been fired from my job with the Forest Service because of the lies published by the Daily Mail, Newsweek, and other right-wing tabloids," tweeted Kayla Denker on Friday.

"But more poignantly: I was fired by the Biden administration for being a trans woman that owns a gun," Denker added.

Denker had brandished a firearm in the video and threatened to kill "transphobes" in self-defense.

“While advocating for trans people to ‘arm ourselves’ is not any kind of a solution to the genocide we are facing, I do want to say that if any of you transphobes do try to come for me I am taking a few of you with me," Denker wrote in the caption of the video.

Denker's video went viral after the mass shooting committed by a transgender person in Nashville at a Christian grade school, but Denker claims that the video was posted before the massacre.

Denker went on to claim that the order came from a higher level in the government than the U.S. Forest Service Office.

"And when I say the Biden administration I mean literally that. My boss just called me, crying, to tell me that he did everything he could to stop this outcome but the call to fire me came directly from Washington. So someone fairly high in the Department of Agriculture fired me," Denker added in another tweet.

Denker also posted a GoFundMe account to seek financial support, but after two weeks, it had only received pledges for about $2,300 of the goal of $7,000.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
"I've been fired from my job with the Forest Service because of the lies published by the Daily Mail, Newsweek, and other right-wing tabloids," tweeted Kayla Denker on Friday.

"But more poignantly: I was fired by the Biden administration for being a trans woman that owns a gun," Denker added.
No, you got yourself fired, because...
quote:
Denker had brandished a firearm in the video and threatened to kill "transphobes" in self-defense.
The details: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ft...ormat=jpg&name=large

On top of everything, you're a liar, because everybody knows that no one was paying any attention to you at all, much less, threatening you. This is on you, 100%.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes yes yes... of course. It is everyone else's fault.

It's the right wing media's fault for showing the video YOU recorded.

It's the fault of conservatives because you branded us all as transphobes and must be killed to stop the genocide.

It's the US Forest Service's fault for not supporting your hate ridden drivel

It's Biden's fault for not bailing you out for posting a video with the ONE object they hate more than anything else.

BUT!!!!... take no responsibility for being a blundering, radical, armed, possibly homicidal, idiot.

and regarding this...
quote:

Yes, let's all ignore the fact that you're an abusive, arrogant, violent, malcontent who is shrouding himself in the fight against racism as justification to violate the law.

Didn't work for the woman in Target... isn't going to work for you.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Oddly, I keep hearing about this "genocide" that's supposedly happening. I don't think they know what that word means. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Denker also posted a GoFundMe account to seek financial support, but after two weeks, it had only received pledges for about $2,300 of the goal of $7,000.
Sell your gun, bitch; maybe you can get a few bucks for it.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As usual, the mental illness of the left is on full display… in this case on social media for all to see. Kudos to the NFS for doing the right (and intelligent) thing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Oddly, I keep hearing about this "genocide" that's supposedly happening. I don't think they know what that word means. Roll Eyes

They do know what it means, although it is slightly misapplied as they are not a race, creed, religious or ethnic group.

I figured this out a while back. Trans/Gay/Lesbians cannot reproduce. That is a biological fact, a FF or MM couple regardless of how they identify cannot reproduce biologically, on their own, without medical intervention (FF only).

Therefore, the ONLY way their group can grow, is by recruitment. How do they recruit, with kids. The more kids they can turn to Trans, the larger their movement becomes. Any effort to stop the conversion of people diminishes their numbers or prevents growth. Passing of laws, counter education, exposing them for what they are, all diminishes their ability to recruit.

That is how they are justifying 'genocide' as a term. They appear to look at every kid that doesn't be come trans as a potential member of their cause as being 'killed' by staying straight and normal.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Blaze article has a link to his twitter which contains the termination letter that he received from the Forest Services which is a fun read. It also has a link to his GFM campaign which includes this note of thanks and glimmer of hope regarding his future quality of life. . .

Verbatim. . .

April 16, 2023
by Kayla Denker, Organizer

I cannot thank every one of you enough. you've helped me more than words can express. since I have exceeded my goal and am still recieving donations I increased by goal to $12,000. Everything I get from here will go towards cost of living expenses, but If I can't get another $7,000 I will be able to get a tracheal shave, which will improve my life in a way that you could never understand if you've never lived with gender dysphoria. Thank you all again.

All is not lost after all as a "tracheal shave" could be in his future!

Posts: 3515 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Carotid artery shave is more along the lines of what’s needed. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7021 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
tracheal shave

I was kind of hoping that was another way of saying 'Columbian Necktie'.

Posts: 7290 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
The Blaze article has a link to his twitter which contains the termination letter that he received from the Forest Services which is a fun read. It also has a link to his GFM campaign which includes this note of thanks and glimmer of hope regarding his future quality of life. . .

Verbatim. . .

April 16, 2023
by Kayla Denker, Organizer

I cannot thank every one of you enough. you've helped me more than words can express. since I have exceeded my goal and am still recieving donations I increased by goal to $12,000. Everything I get from here will go towards cost of living expenses, but If I can't get another $7,000 I will be able to get a tracheal shave, which will improve my life in a way that you could never understand if you've never lived with gender dysphoria. Thank you all again.

All is not lost after all as a "tracheal shave" could be in his future!

Interesting that his focus in life is a tracheal shave. Not making sure he has food, clothing, shelter and perhaps a new job. Just please give him money for a cosmetic medical procedure.

Sir/Ma'am/whatever... your problem is glaringly obvious.

343 - Never Forget

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ft...ormat=jpg&name=large

And no, your boss did not call you while "crying" and no, your firing did not come "directly from Washington," you narcissistic liar. You were still in the probationary period of your employment and you were cut loose because someone complained that you were issuing death threats on the internet while brandishing a loaded rifle.

Newbies who fuck up do not rate a "call from Washington." Management has the power to can you for cause without getting an OK from the top of the chain. Roll Eyes

You are a laughably bad liar. Your boss was probably glad to get rid of your freak ass.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know that dude is an adult, he is making it perfectly clear that he is going to do a tracheal shave or whatever to the adults giving him money of their own free will. I honestly have no problem with this. I mean, I PERSONALLY, think it’s seven shades of crazy for all involved but it’s their lives, their money so rock out with your bad self.

Now of course I am saying that in a micro view as on a macro level going on social media and threatening violence should have gotten him fired and probably a visit by the local constabulary. I mean if I post a video or something else on social media screaming about me going after X, Y or Z group or some other violent bluster I guarantee I would have repercussions and frankly I should and of course I would never do any of that.

But PURELY on the go fund me piece. Dude can ask for money all day every day and as long as he is being up front about what it’s for it’s on the donors not him.

All that said have I mentioned that I want to go back to the prime timeline. I mean funny joke God, big props but jokes over send us back to the real timeline. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7749 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As I re read this post what I find most offensive is my sentiments are basically live and let live (for adults) as I’ve always been yet how much do you want to bet I would get nothing but vitriol and hate simply because I used words like he and dude and that is the crux of today’s world. THEY don’t want to live and let live. They want a schism.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7749 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, what are you talking about?