SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:'
The shooter is being very methodical as they move through the building. Most average people wouldn't have these skills so I'm guessing this person likely spent a lot of time playing those shoot-each-other video games.

Comparing and contrasting the video of the shooter and the body cam video of the police, the shooter looks someone meandering the halls wondering where everybody is. The police on the other hand show skill and intent purpose as they navigate the halls.

I hope this is a wake up call that these weird kids don’t need coddling, but rather they need professional help.

Posts: 11170 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
[/url]

heroes

if you watch closely, you can see Engelbert drop the maniac

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I just can’t fathom the random slaughter of people much less children.

NOTE-By “I get” I don’t mean I condone or think those things should be mitigating factors, I can just mentally wrap my head around it vs. how can ANY MONSTER HARM A CHILD IN ANY WAY!!!

Honestly this world just makes sad at this point.
Trying to rationally understand the irrational is an exercise in futility.

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trans Activists Called For ‘Day Of Vengeance’ Before Nashville Shooting

https://www.dailywire.com/news...e-nashville-shooting

The slaying of children in a Christian school on Monday by a person who police described as transgender came the same week that transgender activists had slated a “Day of Vengeance.”

The group–run in part by a former Democratic staffer–also raised money for firearms training and specifically called for action in Nashville, the city where the shooting took place–specifically naming The Daily Wire’s offices there. Little is known about the shooting at this time, and no link between the shooter and the group has been indicated.

The main Day of Vengeance event is scheduled to occur in D.C. at 11 a.m. Saturday, when attendees are asked to show up masked at the Supreme Court. Justice Brett Kavanaugh is a particular target of LGBTQ activists and narrowly avoided an assassination attempt by a far-left activist last year.

Other events will occur March 31, according to promotional materials. That is also the “Trans Day of Visibility,” but organizers wrote “we need more than visibility.”

“The Time is Now,” says the web page promoting the event for the Trans Radical Activist Network (TRAN). The site quotes a participant in the Stonewall Riots saying “I remember when someone threw a Molotov cocktail, I thought, ‘My god, the revolution is here.'”

The group planning “vengeance” is run in part by a former staffer for Virginia Democrats. Bo Belotti, TRAN’s national recruitment director, “is a trans masculine non-binary person,” his bio on the TRAN website says. “While working in their state’s legislator they helped craft trans affirming state wide policies. Recently Bo has left the campaign world to pursue more radical changes and activism … They are a successful organizer and founder of Virginia’s chapter of TRAN, reaching 100 members in just 4 months.”

According to Virginia Commonwealth University, Belotti worked as a fellow for Del. Elizabeth Guzman, who floated a plan that could sic Child Protective Services on parents if they did not affirm their child as transgender. Belotti also worked for Del. Joshua Cole as a legislative aide and helped draft HB 145, which required the state to create model transgender policies for public schools, VCU said.

The group’s website says one of its co-founders is “Tsukuru”: “As a graduate of a high school in Hiroshima where 350 young lives were brutally taken on August 6, 1945, Tsukuru is an anti-nuclear/anti-war/human rights activist … After his brief marriage to his best friend and the birth of his child, he first came out as lesbian at age 29 and as a transgender man at age 50.”

Its other co-founder is “Noah Buchanan; I am a transgender male and have been out since 2018 … I have 10+ years of working in the mental health field … What motivated me to start TRAN was the fact I was bullied to the point where I attempted to end my own life. The person that bullied me was a fellow member of the LGBTIA+.”

The action is billed as avenging a “trans genocide,” despite the FBI reporting that only two transgender people were killed in hate crimes in 2021, the most recent year available. In all, there were 278 transgender victims of hate crimes, many of which were minor such as vandalism or “intimidation,” putting them at significantly less risk of hate crimes than other groups such as Jews and blacks, according to the FBI data.

Organizers did not return The Daily Wire’s request for comment earlier this month.

On March 22, the Virginia chapter retweeted a suggestion that “The trans day of vengeance should take place outside the Daily Wire HQ,” adding a call to action: “Tennessee neighbors, when can we make this happen?” The main TRAN Twitter account retweeted that. The Daily Wire is headquartered in Nashville.

On March 7, the Virginia chapter held a “dance party fundraiser” in Richmond “benefiting firearm/self defense training for trans Virginians. Come boogie with us and defend trans life!”

The group has not publicly indicated that Saturday’s day of “vengeance” is cancelled following Monday’s slayings. On Monday evening, TRAN hid its tweets by making its account private.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
I just can’t fathom the random slaughter of people much less children.

NOTE-By “I get” I don’t mean I condone or think those things should be mitigating factors, I can just mentally wrap my head around it vs. how can ANY MONSTER HARM A CHILD IN ANY WAY!!!

Honestly this world just makes sad at this point.
Trying to rationally understand the irrational is an exercise in futility.

I know that intellectually, I am just one of those people who is always looking for a root cause and how to fix or mitigate it. I realize our root causes are endemic and societal at the point but it doesn’t stop the person in me from wanting a way to fix or address the fact that we have so many disturbed folks out there.

I know I’m babbling, but again I guess I am just trying to make some sense of the shitshow our world has become and I wanna go back to the “prime timeline” so to speak.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7747 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just one of those people who is always looking for a root cause and how to fix or mitigate it. I realize our root causes are endemic and societal at the point but it doesn’t stop the person in me from wanting a way to fix or address the fact that we have so many disturbed folks out there.

I think we all know at least one person who needs help, or needs to be "fixed". We all wish it was in our power to do so.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
heroes

if you watch closely, you can see Engelbert drop the maniac
Dang, they look young! Watching the video, listening to their presence of mind, leadership, and focus, I expected much more senior officers. Damned well done men!

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that intellectually, I am just one of those people who is always looking for a root cause and how to fix or mitigate it. I realize our root causes are endemic and societal at the point but it doesn’t stop the person in me from wanting a way to fix or address the fact that we have so many disturbed folks out there.

I know I’m babbling, but again I guess I am just trying to make some sense of the shitshow our world has become and I wanna go back to the “prime timeline” so to speak.
I don’t have any solutions (but maybe understanding the problem is a start?), but it seems to me that the commies are pushing as many broken things as possible and attempting to break helpful things (religion, nuclear family, real community, etc) in order to foster chaos and justify them taking control to “save us” from the chaos.

I’m sure there are things we can do to counter/fix that, but I haven’t yet figured out what they are.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The shooter shot through the glass front doors and crawled through the openings. Looks to be armed with 2 of the Keltec SUB2000's and not 'assault rifles'

In the media, all guns used in a mass shooting are assault weapons until proven otherwise and sometimes even if proven otherwise. The shooter in the recent Cali. ballroom dance studio shootings was described as using an "assault pistol", b/c it had an extended mag.

In the surveillance video, you can see the Nashville school shooter breeched the doors w/ an AR pattern braced pistol (looks to be 10.5" barrel), then transitioned to a KelTec Sub2000. Shooter also had a M&P Shield EZ 9mm.

https://twitter.com/MNPDNashvi.../1640521034594918400

Posts: 3207 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Comparing and contrasting the video of the shooter and the body cam video of the police, the shooter looks someone meandering the halls wondering where everybody is. The police on the other hand show skill and intent purpose as they navigate the halls.

I hope this is a wake up call that these weird kids don’t need coddling, but rather they need professional help.

I don't disagree with your point here. The officers have clearly practiced this over and over and have all of the movements down, even in a high stress situation.

The shooter on the other hand seems to be going through some of the motions while searching for targets, but also is not under threat of return fire so it's more of a search and shoot.

Stepping aside from that I was very impressed by the officer in the body cam using the AR. His trigger and safety discipline in a high stress situation was amazing. Even after knocking the shooter down he was finger off trigger safety on instantly. That is a lot of training at work.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Something to note about Englebert.

Unless he is a member of metro SWAT, he was lugging around about $4500 in rifle and equipment. The absence of a PEQ and suppressor indicates he probably isn’t on their team. Which means, it came out of his own pocket.

No more than cops make, let that sink in a minute. The optic alone is almost $3k. As horrible a tragedy, this guy likely fronted his own money, paid attention in training, and stepped up when the time came to be a stud.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officer Collazo in that photo makes me think Marine Corps...

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just saw Trey Gowdy on Fox.
Pathetic, I get that he is outraged on that a tragedy happened, we all are.
But he was spouting "red flag laws" and appended with due process > right. Roll Eyes
Then mentioned "close the gun show loophole" but said it wouldn't help anything (and it wouldn't) but OK do it anyway. Roll Eyes

Nobody seems to realize how we go here with the media dramatizing and promoting all of the events.
Even when LE gets to the scene quickly and as I understand it - it was 14 min here and they did a great job, that is not enough in their opinion.
The only thing will satisfy these is to strip your, our, my freedom for their self satisfaction, security and control.
I don't trust any of them.

Posts: 23025 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course there is no such thing as a gunshow loophole, and he should know this. Gunshows have nothing to do with allowing citizens to engage in the occasional act of buying or selling firearms without background checks and having to go though an FFL.

I do happen to agree with Gowdy that anyone who openly states they are thinking of harming themselves and/or others should be prohibited from purchasing firearms. The way he stated it on Fox was in the form of a challenge to the political right, as if we support the right of those who state they wish to kill themselves and/or others to legally purchase firearms. It's silly. Even those of us with the most libertarian views on gun ownership would not endorse making firearms more readily accessible to such people, so I don't know why he was bristling so very hard.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm not in favor of deranged people having guns and heard Gowdy on the way home from work. I get his point about being fit to purchase but your situation can change and cause you to be unfit to possess any longer. Red flag laws as we have in my state are wide open to abuse though and would need to be handled with scrutiny. In the case of this shooter some of the responsibility has to be given to the parents that, as reported, had no idea that she had 7 guns hidden in their home. Parents are supposed to "parent" and even at 28 if you live in my home I will know what's going on in your life and will know what's in my home.

Posts: 3486 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This fool's entire life screams LOSER.

Living with mummy and daddy at 28. LOSER

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would bet a paycheck she was a non contributor to the house she was living in, financially or in any other way. Mommy probable still did her laundry.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
The responding Nashville officers did it right ... quickly formed a contact team and immediately moved to the location of the gunfire and ended the threat.

How we were trained over the years in Seattle.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This fool's entire life screams LOSER.

Living with mummy and daddy at 28. LOSER

Exactly right. And her parents facilitated her mental illness. Her mother called for strict gun control, but 7 firearms were found in her house.
Who Was Audrey Hale?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Good. They put three into that vile sack of garbage after she was on the floor, and I know this insane woman felt those shots, because her body jerked, and I am glad, and fuck anybody who doesn't like me saying it.

Hell, I'd give you a high five for honesty and being real.
Probably should of put a few more holes into that thing. Mag dump.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post