SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
They don't even put their phones down.

Well, they do when they get game overed.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We hate the police, but call them when we need help. Holy cats. They don’t see the filth irony?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I've watch many of the twitter videos. What stands out most to me is how quickly the supposed shooter was identified and how easy it was to piece together the events. Of course this is an expected outcome with the number of cameras recording from all angles, but it's still a stark contrast to the recent past when cameras weren't ubiquitous.

Thinking of this from a home defense situation, standing outside and making yourself obvious with a firearm to scare off the rioters may not be the best approach if you don't have a team of armed friends to back you up. BLM/Antifa are clearly not intimidated by the "good guy" with a gun, they would now have your face/description on multiple videos, and they are also bringing their own firearms. Probably best to stay completely out of sight until you have no other choice.

Oh, and don't march yourself into the center of the chaos without a good exit. Green shirt guy is lucky he didn't get dropped before he got out.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I've watch many of the twitter videos. What stands out most to me is how quickly the supposed shooter was identified and how easy it was to piece together the events. Of course this is an expected outcome with the number of cameras recording from all angles, but it's still a stark contrast to the recent past when cameras weren't ubiquitous.

Thinking of this from a home defense situation, standing outside and making yourself obvious with a firearm to scare off the rioters may not be the best approach. BLM/Antifa are clearly not intimidated by the "good guy" with a gun, they would now have your face/description on multiple videos, and they are also bringing their own firearms. Probably best to stay completely out of sight until you have no other choice.

Oh, and don't march yourself into the center of the chaos without a good exit. Green shirt guy is lucky he didn't get dropped before he got out.

I would think if you are putting yourself in a situation where people are throwing fire like a D&D wizard a nomex balaclava might be a good thing to wear....for multiple reasons.

Here's what I picked up recently

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHA...b%2Caps%2C233&sr=8-5

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The guy that got shot in the head was an aggressive agitator filmed earlier harassing and taunting people to shoot him. "Shoot me nigga."

About 3/4 of the way thru the video. The bald guy with the baggy capri shorts on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298474730966659072

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Green shirt guy is lucky he didn't get dropped before he got out.

Yes, I am reminded of the statement, “Having a gun doesn’t make you armed any more than having a guitar makes you a musician.”

There is more to surviving being surrounded by aggressive hostile enemies than having a gun or even being proficient with it. Good tactics, situational awareness, and even common sense are also necessary.

Several of his attackers got within arm's length of the green shirt guy before he started firing; what if one of them with a gun had shot him in the back or while he was lying on the ground?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Green shirt guy is lucky he didn't get dropped before he got out.

Yes, I am reminded of the statement, “Having a gun doesn’t make you armed any more than having a guitar makes you a musician.”

There is more to surviving being surrounded by aggressive hostile enemies than having a gun or even being proficient with it. Good tactics, situational awareness, and even common sense are also necessary.

Several of his attackers got within arm's length of the green shirt guy before he started firing; what if one of them with a gun had shot him in the back or while he was lying on the ground?

Seems to me he did pretty well defending himself, considering the circumstances.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Micropterus:
The guy that got shot in the head was an aggressive agitator filmed earlier harassing and taunting people to shoot him. "Shoot me nigga."

About 3/4 of the way thru the video. The bald guy with the baggy capri shorts on.

[url=https://twitter.com/i/status/129847473096665

9072]https://twitter.com/i/status/1298474730966659072[/url][/QUOTE

Maybe this will let some of these woke kids realize that there are consequences to burning a car dealership and threatening people with a Molotov cocktail.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298474730966659072
So, we have peope who were certain that armed opponents would not use their tools to defend themselves, not even when chased. That guy was was killed by his own monumental stupidity and overconfidence.

Has the shooter turned himself in? He needs to retain the best lawyer he can afford and turn himself in ASAP.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, we have peope who were certain that armed opponents would not use their tools to defend themselves, not even when chased. That guy was was killed by his own monumental stupidity and overconfidence.

This is part of the entire problem. They take this same approach with cops too. The guy who originally got shot in Kenosha got up and walked away from cops who had their guns drawn and tried to open his car door.

This general attitude that they can do whatever they want and not be shot is at least part of the problem. I'm sure bad cops are also part of it, but we'll never solve the issue if they don't see that you can't act like an ass when guns are out and expect to live.

I could argue this is actually the majority of the problem and not police training, but who really cares about the percentage share, they just need to realize it's a meaningful part of the problem if they want to stop being shot.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Until XX admits he did shoot the head wound guy, or as yet undisclosed video shows him doing so, or there is ballistic evidence showing he did so, he gets from me the assumption of innocence our system if justice is built upon.

Why are you naming him then?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
GS guy needs to wear a shirt with "FighterAce" decals for every kill/down - what would be an appropriate symbol?
No, it wouldn't. Cool it with that stuff. Nothing about this is funny.

posted Hide Post
I don't see Green Shirt being charged, unless it was a leftist DA. He was being chased, then a Molotov cocktail was thrown at him, and they continued to chase him down. He shot in pure self defense.

Then the mob went after him, he only shot in self defense when they were actually attacking him.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Like the Koreans did in the LA riots...

I was one of those roof Koreans. Here are some brief thoughts about what was learned then that may apply now:

1)When elected officials abandon their duties, it is up to citizens to do theirs. It is not easy, but loosing everything and having your family become destitute isn't either. The left is saying "it's just property", but it really isn't. Real lives and livelihoods, that often took decades to build are at stake.

2)Even back in the digital dark ages of 92, "photo-journalists" were everywhere. Granted it wasn't instant, but pretty fast. As today, most of the "reporting" was factually wrong.

3)Don't fall into the idea that there is some reasonably tactical defense plan. There isn't one. This isn't war, heck, it isn't even an armed conflict. It's just a few people being non paid mall security.

Also, let's not judge too harshly what the good guys should be doing, or should have done. Unless you are willing to stand your ground there for a few nights with little support, it really is just speculation.

Interesting fact, one of the roof Koreans, Ken Lee is the reason the 9th Circuit has swung to the conservative side and a big reason CA mag restriction got overturned. A true Trump judge.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...armed-with-long-gun/

The shooting came on the third night of violent protests that have torn through Kenosha.

It followed White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows stating Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers (D) rejected offers from the White House for additional National Guard help to deal with the unrest convulsing the city

xxxxxxxxxx

DEM governors and DEM mayors - as guilty as the Antifa and BLM mobs that are looting, burning buildings and beating people.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Has the shooter turned himself in? He needs to retain the best lawyer he can afford and turn himself in ASAP.

Reportedly the guy defending himself is a 17 yo kid. Being chased by an angry mob with intent to do him harm and he won. God help this guy, he is in for a rough ride.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As I said last night, the people out there are too young.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Like the Koreans did in the LA riots...

I was one of those roof Koreans. Here are some brief thoughts about what was learned then that may apply now:

1)When elected officials abandon their duties, it is up to citizens to do theirs. It is not easy, but loosing everything and having your family become destitute isn't either. The left is saying "it's just property", but it really isn't. Real lives and livelihoods, that often took decades to build are at stake.

2)Even back in the digital dark ages of 92, "photo-journalists" were everywhere. Granted it wasn't instant, but pretty fast. As today, most of the "reporting" was factually wrong.

3)Don't fall into the idea that there is some reasonably tactical defense plan. There isn't one. This isn't war, heck, it isn't even an armed conflict. It's just a few people being non paid mall security.

Also, let's not judge too harshly what the good guys should be doing, or should have done. Unless you are willing to stand your ground there for a few nights with little support, it really is just speculation.

Interesting fact, one of the roof Koreans, Ken Lee is the reason the 9th Circuit has swung to the conservative side and a big reason CA mag restriction got overturned. A true Trump judge.

^^^^
Small world. One of my best friends from law school is Korean and from LA. His family owned a strip mall, maybe the one your were on, that had armed guards on it. IIRC, Dave was telling me their property was the only property that survived the fires in a several block area.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember Nick Sandmann. Remember all the videos, all the commentary, all the eye-witnesses. They were all wrong.

Remember Nick Sandmann. Remember when the internet was nothing but what he should have done, what he should be doing, what "you,me,we,they" would do in the same situation. They were all wrong.

Same with GS guy. Let's not feed the flames with speculation.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
The guy with the blown arm supposedly had a pistol in that hand, even held onto it for a while after he was shot.

This is a good "read the thread" moment. There are photos of the man holding his pistol on earlier pages. FWIW.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post