SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Democrats honestly have the same mindset as the rioters. They think they can do anything they want and there will be no consequences. Well, Don is waking up to the reality that's not true.
No he's not. Lemon is too stupid to wake up to anything. He has no moral compass or sense of right and wrong. He's just worried the optics might move people to vote 'incorrectly' for Trump, and as a good bought and paid for DNC supporter, he can't have that. Lemon doesn't give a rat's ass if the filth on the streets continue to burn the entire country to the ground.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Don Lemon of CNN is worried about the rioting:

“The rioting has to stop... it’s showing up in the polling, it’s showing up in focus groups.”

Wow. One of the dominant media leftists finally caught a glimmer of a glue. If ever something deserved the banner "BREAKING NEWS," this certainly would be it.

Unfortunately, for ol' Don and his ilk: I think the GOAC (glimmer of a clue--I just made it up) came far too late. You see: The leftists purposely let this nonsense go on--even encouraged it, because: 1. They didn't want to lose support from the extreme left and 2. They figured destabilization would help them come November.

Well, it's turning out #2 is going to backfire on them. Surprise!

And if they start cracking-down now, #1 will certainly happen.

Oops!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere I saw it reported the green shirt guy had/has EMT training and actually ran back to administer aid to one of the people shot. Before being run off again.

That kid had major stones for sure to stand in the breech like that.

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Come on man. We've seen this play out now for a couple years. These moron politicians claim that all this is fueled by Trump's heartless and illegal approach to governance, so they're on the side of 'right' (i.e. the protesters who are actually rioters). Then the media spins any efforts or attempts by Trump and the Fed's to putting an end to this as being proof of Trump the dictator/authoritarian, proving the Dem politicians right. This is all a coordinated agenda by the Dem's and the media to try and turn enough people against Trump for them to win in November. I personally hope Trump wins in a landslide and local voters completely gut all these local politicians in the aftermath.

this seems so likely that even mr. don lemon is stating the obvious. 3 months in rioting in portland was already weighing on them. this disaster in kenosha is going exactly as you'd expect. governor is actively rejecting additional security forces (of any kind), and everyone knows.

same when the gov of oregon and mayor of portland basically ask the feds to let their rioters burn the courthouse. cause "just leave, your making them riot with your presence". its a hollow argument, that now fewer and fewer are holding on to.

they hope to blame our president now that its "gone on too long". unfortunately for them its public knowledge whos refusing assistance here...

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
And if they start cracking-down now, #1 will certainly happen.

Oops!
And if they continue to stand by as "Rome burns" the damage to their party in November could be exponentially worse than their actually trying to restore order. Any way you slice it, they're going to lose, and I think they are coming to that realization. The only question remaining is will it be a devastating loss, 'or' the virtual destruction of the Dem party as they know it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Flying Scot. I have been saying for a couple years these idiots are all Strelnikov. All in for the revolution and then later eliminated as no longer useful.
Another good one is Sand Pebbles. The missionaries at China Light thought they’d be fine. Didn’t work out that way.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Apparently this video is a compilation of a bunch of videos leading up to the shootings

WARNING Graphic!

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know if Kenosha will again allow people to assemble in the city tonight?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Even at this early stage one can look at enough video to tell that green shirt was performed remarkably well especially for an alleged 17year old.

1) talks with interviewer and has no hyperbole in his rhetoric. Offers aid to interviewer if he needs it.

2) Police are very aware of his presence, offer him water, and tell others to clear area. Obvious cops know this kid was protecting businesses, something they didn't have the numbers or guidance to do.

3) After being chased by molotov wielding assholes and getting chased by dude who based on previous video was agitating' he defends himself. After doing so, circles back around the cars and checks on his assailant. Seeing the assailant getting aid, he calls someone and starts running TO WHERE HE KNOWS THE COPS ARE.

4) Begins to be chased by mob, at least two of which are carrying firearms, and continues to run even after being struck in back of head. It's only after being knocked to the ground and pounced on that he shoots a guy attacking him with a skate board and another who is attacking him with a pistol in his hand.

5) He then gets up and runs toward police and attempts to surrender. He is ignored by police.

All of this can be seen on video. Kid was actually a hell of a lot more restrained than many would be.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they will allow any assemblies (I believe there already was an 8PM curfew) but the city council has requested 1500 National Guardsmen. Personally I'd send double that number, asking other states for help if need be. A Guardsman on every street corner. No idea if the Governor will send them. As far as I am concerned this entire episode is on his shoulders. After the first night he closed his eyes, stuck his fingers in his ears and went "Na na na na na na na".

Kenosha County leaders request Gov. Evers send in 1,500 National Guard troops to quell unrest

"Our county is under attack," Yuhas wrote. "Our businesses are under attack. Our homes are under attack. Our local law enforcement agencies need additional support to help bring civility to our community."

https://kstp.com/news/kenosha-...ard-troops-/5840284/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I am not sure they really allowed them to assemble last night. They did more than any other city I have seen to disperse the crowds. The roving patrols of BearCats were used pretty effectively to first clear the courthouse area and adjacent park then moved crowds out of areas by pushijg up and down the streets.

The question will be resources, will they accept and deploy the additional resources needed to squash the gathering more quickly and effectively without relying on citizen militia to do much of the heavy lifting.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Wounded "mostly peaceful protester".

Note his non-binary peacemaker in his right hand. Maybe he uses it to dispense the "paramedic" skills noted on his hat?

Appears he'll be protesting left handed for a while or forever...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
"Call the police, call the police, call the police!"..... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portland City Hall got hit hard last night. Much more extreme damage I see on the local news than what my field trip pictures of 5 weeks ago captured.

Read DrDan's recommended book, Guide to the Analysis of Insurgency 2012 edition, and re-recommended to me by BansheeOne. I knew a lot of it, but it added a few items to me, plus helped me formulate thought I had after last night's post.

I'd say a lot of the items listed in the pamphlet are being met currently, do designate events of the past 90 days as an Insurgency.

At worst, we are in the low stage of an insurgency. At best we are definitely in a grey zone insurgency.

I use the term grey, as it is used in grey zone war as being conducted by China in the South China Sea, or even Iran today. Grey zone war is basically acts of war, below the threshold of the traditional definition of acts of war. Been reading about this for a few years now in my military magazines.

Although the left are not using explosives to blow up government infrastructure - yet, breaking in to such facilities and setting fire is certainly grey zone insurgency. Same with current assaults on police forces at these peaceful events.

In fact, the pamphlet even has its preface disclaimer that not all insurgencies are the same.

I keep hearing in TV interviews of local people directly impacted by these riots in their Portland neighborhood that they oppose the violence, but support BLM. Do they really know anything about BLM? Probably about as much as college students did about South Africa in the early 1980's anti-apartheid demonstrations.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Wounded "mostly peaceful protester".

A social worker with a comfort animal is just what that guy needs. I notice his hat says "Paramedic." If he really was a paramedic, he'll be doing CPR in the future one-handed.

Looks like enough tissue in his arm was destroyed that he couldn't drop his gun.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There are stories in the Twatsterverse saying Rittenhouse fled Wisconsin returning home to Illinois and he has been arrested on first degree murder charges.

True? Beats me, but getting traction any way.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what is being said today by the dead and injured rioter's "comrades"? Aside from the predictable "they were murdered by a racist" crap, I mean. Are they addressing plans for their group in the immediate future? Is there one scintilla of common sense or truth, or calls for cooling it, coming from these rioters?

I imagine that some of them now have lost the taste for their "struggle".

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It’s truly impossible to know at this time how things will develop as far as armed confrontations. I believe much will depend upon how the ones that occur are handled by the authorities. If the people defending themselves are treated as the criminals, then the real criminals will be emboldened to escalate their acts.

Destroying faith in law enforcement is obviously part of their plan. Right now police can't engage a violent suspect without expecting to be arrested too and people can't engage looters without thinking they just might go to prison for it. We have already seen a huge number of LEOs either retire or leave their departments which worsens the conditions for citizens and lets the mob get bolder. At the start of all this a Minneapolis business owner shot a looter, was arrested, and returned later to find his business looted and destroyed. If police do continue to arrest and charge people for armed self defense or lethal self defense it won't be very long before people are choosing to defend themselves against both the mob and the police.

Local elected government have been using the police as a means of protecting "protesters" from the evil right wingers, having the police stand down until the right wingers get an advantage and then sending them in to arrest the right wingers while ignoring all the violence perpetrated by the left wingers.

It is about time for the police to come to terms with the times. The police need to understand they cannot arrest people for defending themselves against the mob - basically an undisciplined army - without losing all public trust.

The Albuquerque shooting at the statue a few months ago is another incident that comes to mind. A man being attacked by a mob, one of whom was armed with a skateboard and another with a knife, among others with hands and feet. The one with the knife was at contact range and said "I'm going to kill you." The man being attacked drew his pistol and put four shots into knife-guy. The police then (finally) moved in and arrested the shooter and detained the entire right wing militia that had assembled to protect the statue. They hadn't bothered to intervene before the fellow was attacked and pursued by the mob.

You want to "attack" or "discredit" the government? Go after the part of government that people have the most interaction with, who are seen the most and who represents the governments authority.
The Police.

Read a little Saul Alynski. Yeah, he's a Commie fuck, but it's his game plan they are using.

https://bolenreport.com/saul-a...s-12-rules-radicals/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Greenshirtguy has been charged with 1st degree murder.

https://twitter.com/dailydigge...441787109376/photo/1

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Uhhh...seems awfully fast / wishful thinking / narrative building / total BS.

Wouldnt Kenosha or State of WI have to issue a warrant for his arrest? Can you be arrested in another state for a crime committed outside that state without a legal arrest warrant? On just suspicion of a crime committed outside the state?

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
There are stories in the Twatsterverse saying Rittenhouse fled Wisconsin returning home to Illinois and he has been arrested on first degree murder charges.

True? Beats me, but getting traction any way.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post