SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Why do we put up with this crap and allow it to happen?

Blacks have more upward mobility than white people in the U.S., more grants and scholarships, etc. etc.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
fuck the n f l.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
email sent. His actions are disgusting and should not be tolerated by the NFL.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Screw him and the nfl in general. How stupid can you get. he will be working in a fast food joint before long.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
He's set himself up to be a victim.

If he loses his playing position as he doesn't measure up, he can play the race card, claiming its punishment for not standing. Not he's not a good football player

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colin could use another bitch slap from the Arizona Cardinals defense.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I honestly try not to get peeved about people like him but this just boils my blood. Here is a kid, who was not blessed with the most fortunate early life, but used his particular talent to better himself and his family. The American Dream if you will. At the same time he feels this status somehow qualifies him as a spokesman for some supposed miscarrage of justice against a particular class of people, whom by the way he is a prime example of how they can succeed. The fact that he turns his back on the very symbol of opportunity that IS our flag disgusts me. Preach all you want but DON'T preach against the icon that made this country and YOU, what you are. Without that flag and the people behind it his opportunities are ZERO.

I spoke with a friend of mine this morning. He retired after 20 years in the USMC last October. I helped him move to KY last June. His wife found a decent job, he is still looking. He has his retirement (not much) so to make some cash he is hanging tobacco in barns for $10.85 an hour. Sure it bugs his back a little (jumping off tanks for 20 years can beat it up) but he puts food on the table and can keep his daughters (all four) in a good Christian school. He doesen't complain. He presses on.

I am hesitant to wish ill on anyone, but Eff this tool bag.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Asswipe looks like he is already on the road to being radicalized:

Air drop his ass into Syria without a parachute. If some player does a "Joe Theismann" on him, I would contribute to help pay the NFL fine.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Who gives a fuck about this nobody spouting BLM nonsense while getting paid $115 million over 6 years.

What pisses me off is the reaction of his team and the league. Instead of fining him, they express support for his right to be an ass-bag.

Just the same way they supported the right of Dallas Cowboys players to wear a helmet decal supporting law enforcement.

Screw them all. I haven't been to an NFL game or even watched one on TV in years. No reason to break that streak.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I wrote to Commissioner Goodell. Noted to him that if he doesn't deal with this now, it will spread.

It will be an NFL public relations nightmare if this becomes common place and large percentages of entire teams won't stand for the anthem.

The mean side of me says "bring it on".

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I have a certain sympathy for Kaepernick. There are a good 5,000 people or more in the stadium, in the bathroom, in the beer line, scratching themselves, ogling the gals two rows away, doing anything but observing the celebration of national anthem, and who can really blame them.

The NFL permits the anthem to be inflicted on the crowd in the most bizarre, undignified and demeaning renditions. It's not one of the main reasons I would no longer attend a game....... the Chargers cured me of season ticket holding ~30 years ago....., but it is the reason I mute the sound at that point in the program if I happen to be watching a game.

He better get his mind off oppression and onto oppressing opposing defenses if he wants to keep getting those enormous checks.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have no
"sympathy" for the sob at all.

Most of the renditions of the national anthem are very good and moving. Not all, that I will agree. But by far and away the majority are.

As far as the disrespectful. Sure there are some, but a small percentage of the majority still.

An all inclusive, paid vacation to say, Somolia would be a good bet for some reality for his dumb ass.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Once again we have a man of color (he doesn't look 100% African descent) blaming all the troubles of people of color on the white man. A whole list of groups come to mind BLM, NOI, NAACP and on and on. But the fact is they have not taken responsibility for their own actions, how many men, women and children of color have been killed by whites or LEO vs their own kind. Use the FBI numbers and you will find they have a major problem with their own. Wake up it's not the white man, in fact it's the white man in modern times who have helped people of color more then any other race. Play football A$$ H&*^ that's what you are there for not for political statements do that outside on your own time. The NFL should fine him and his team should sit him out a few games. Or may be he should take a trip to Africa and see what real oppression is like again by his "own" kind. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Our flag represents the option or opportunity of standing up and respecting it or not.

He can do what he wants, as you can, and you can, and you can.

Give me freedom of and from.

It does irk me, but I also respect the full breadth of our liberties.
Regardless what is left of them.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I wrote to Commissioner Goodell. Noted to him that if he doesn't deal with this now, it will spread.

It will be an NFL public relations nightmare if this becomes common place and large percentages of entire teams won't stand for the anthem.

The mean side of me says "bring it on".
If it becomes that widespread an issue, the NFL will probably just stop playing the Anthem.

I have only disgust for this alleged American. I don't use profanity, but if I did, he'd be a big recipient of it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If a sporting event is on tv I stand. In person I stand. As long as it's a live event. I've taken shit from friends for standing with my hand across my chest at ppv fight, at a bar. Do not give two fucks. There are so many people in the ground, who died for this country. To not honor them by getting off your ass when the national anthem is played is shameful. If you don't like it then quit your overpaid child's game job and leave the country. Standing is the least you can do.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12931 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let him ride a shift with a cop in the hood.

Maybe two.

That's all it will take.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
If a sporting event is on tv I stand. In person I stand. As long as it's a live event. I've taken shit from friends for standing with my hand across my chest at ppv fight, at a bar. Do not give two fucks. There are so many people in the ground, who died for this country. To not honor them by getting off your ass when the national anthem is played is shameful. If you don't like it then quit your overpaid child's game job and leave the country. Standing is the least you can do.
I stand whenever the whole Anthem is played (not when only parts appear in a newscast, for example). Fox News plays the entire National Anthem around 0400 or 0500 on certain days. If I'm awake at the time I stand at attention and salute. (I'm a veteran, and saluting is recognized as appropriate, even when not in uniform.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Flush Crapernick!!

He sucks as a player anyways.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Colin who?? Another nobody in the grand scheme of things. He's great at kids games but he probably wouldn't have gotten into college if he wasn't playing football.

Posts: 1446 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post