SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly. And throw in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Fuck the NFL.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I have to wonder how many allegedly red-blooded, gun-owning, law-and-order-supporting, military-supporting, flag-respecting, patriotic Americans are still addicted to watching the sports that are infested with these people and their attitudes?
Well, I've never been addicted to major sports events--I will attend or watch a MLB game once in a great while, but no other sport. Considering the actions of the athletes in sports today, I'm glad I never got on board.

Several times a week, around 0458 local time, Fox News plays the National Anthem. If I'm awake and tuned to FNC, I immediately stand up, face the TV, and salute. (I'm a veteran--saluting is an accepted way to show honor.) I sometimes wonder what my cats think about it....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
I have to wonder how many allegedly red-blooded, gun-owning, law-and-order-supporting, military-supporting, flag-respecting, patriotic Americans are still addicted to watching the sports that are infested with these people and their attitudes?
Well, I've never been addicted to major sports events--I will attend or watch a MLB game once in a great while, but no other sport. Considering the actions of the athletes in sports today, I'm glad I never got on board.

Several times a week, around 0458 local time, Fox News plays the National Anthem. If I'm awake and tuned to FNC, I immediately stand up, face the TV, and salute. (I'm a veteran--saluting is an accepted way to show honor.) I sometimes wonder what my cats think about it....

flashguy

MLB suspended a player for a tweet criticizing BLM recently.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
MLB is dead to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Only major sport I watch regularly is the National Hockey League. The vast majority of those players seem to be a very class act. Hardly ever hear about them in trouble with the law, or acting like an idiot, and they do quite a bit in the community. Probably has a lot to do with the character of a hockey player which is in stark contrast to the other sports. 99.9% of the players in the league are great role models for the youth. Hard work, respect, relentless dedication, and sacrifice are the hallmarks of what it takes to be an NHL player.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 655 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
Only major sport I watch regularly is the National Hockey League. The vast majority of those players seem to be a very class act. Hardly ever hear about them in trouble with the law, or acting like an idiot, and they do quite a bit in the community. Probably has a lot to do with the character of a hockey player which is in stark contrast to the other sports. 99.9% of the players in the league are great role models for the youth. Hard work, respect, relentless dedication, and sacrifice all the hallmarks of what it takes to be an NHL player.

HEAR, HEAR!!!!! [golf clap to you, sir!!]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot:

Cool GO STARS GO STARS Cool

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 655 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
Only major sport I watch regularly is the National Hockey League. The vast majority of those players seem to be a very class act. Hardly ever hear about them in trouble with the law, or acting like an idiot, and they do quite a bit in the community. Probably has a lot to do with the character of a hockey player which is in stark contrast to the other sports. 99.9% of the players in the league are great role models for the youth. Hard work, respect, relentless dedication, and sacrifice all the hallmarks of what it takes to be an NHL player.

HEAR, HEAR!!!!! [golf clap to you, sir!!]

This, so much this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s a letter to the editor from the local IL Quad Cities (QC) paper that points out liberal hypocrisy. He wrote this after six high school football players imitated Kaepernick and were praised for their “courage.”

http://www.qconline.com/opinio...5a-35f46e52fbaf.html

Letter: Double-standard between protest, prayer in schools

If the young men who took a knee during the national anthem at the Rocky football game to protest racial injustice had instead took a knee, bowed their head to pray, and state they did this because they were protesting the worst attack by our government on religious freedom in the history of the United States, would the coach have allowed this protest, said they have freedom of speech, and were mature in asking the coaches before they did it?

Would the QC Empowerment Network have praised them for “a respectful way to draw attention to an issue that needs to be recognized and addressed. The courage and steadfastness of these young men is to be commended.”?

What if one of the football players had disagreed with the process?

Would it have been stopped like prayers are at graduation ceremonies because it offended one person?

I strongly suspect that the answer to all three of these questions would have been NO, even though freedom of speech and freedom of religion are constitutionally protected. Where is the consistency here?

Jim Robinson,
Silvis

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
As a young man I was a sports enthusiast. I was on the field and court myself mostly, but when at rest, I was glued to pro sports broadcasts. Then something changed.

Even more so as a youth ~ sports was our whole life.
EVERY day we did something ~ football, baseball, bike racing, whiffle ball, hell we even staged our own little tack meets! Cool

What happens was the money.
I do believe in capitalism but the media focuses on it and the amounts they get paid make them feel entitled and different from the everyday man.
We never heard how much they made or salary caps or multi-multi $$ contracts ~ it was all about what they did on the field.

Now enter politics and race into the equation ~ it just makes it worse.

A recent exception ~ take the passing of Arnold Palmer ~ one who did well but truly was one with the people.

I don't blame those who have soured ~ it is too bad though. Frown
My interest today is now only Golf and Football.
Golf because you have to perform to play and football because of the team competition.

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

...ask them, it's very likely these days that you might get a response, nothing would surprise me more! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
49'ers announce that Kaeperdick will start the next game for them.

If he scores, his TD move will be to flip off any nearby cops and wipe his butt with a flag.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...chip-kelly/91853220/

Colin Kaepernick replaces Blaine Gabbert as 49ers starting quarterback

Colin Kaepernick is getting his shot.

San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly said Tuesday that the quarterback will start Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, replacing Blaine Gabbert.

Kaepernick has made headlines since the preseason by sitting, then kneeling, during the national anthem to protest social injustice and police brutality.

The 49ers need a spark after losing four in a row following their Week 1 win in Kelly’s debut as their coach.

Tuesday was the players’ first day back to work after Thursday’s 33-21 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Kelly said maximizing reps for Kaepernick, who missed much of the offseason while recovering from several surgeries, was a factor in making the move now.

“I think we were very analytical and sat down as a staff and watched tape and went over everything,” Kelly told reporters. “We’ve had a couple days to kind of digest everything, where we are.

“I think offensively, we need to be better and we need to just make a move. It’s not Blaine’s fault. I think it’s just as a group, offensively, we need to be better in a lot of ways, so we’re going to see what we can do to make a move here.

"It’s really one of the only maneuvers we can make based on our depth, where we are, and what we’re doing.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got a feeling the Bills will getting their shot at Kaepernick.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I forsee large openings in his offensive line.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

I got a feeling the Bills will getting their shot at Kaepernick.

And the 49ers just restructured his contract this week that, among other things, removed the injury guarantee. Meaning if he gets hurt this year, they're not on the hook for $15M next year as they were previously.

Smart. Because people are going to knock the shit out of him.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

Smart. Because people are going to knock the shit out of him.

And some people might just move out of position and let them Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A clothesline to the fucker will do him some good. I know it will make me feel better. Smile

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
A clothesline to the fucker will do him some good. I know it will make me feel better. Smile

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lGjEZIZQIIk" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Great Movie!!

It would not surprise me one bit if he is on his back several times.

Posts: 1246 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently, Kaepernick was mouthing off support for Castro and in today's SanFran & Miami game, not only did 49rs lose again, but he got stopped in the last play of the game by Kiko Alons, son of a Cuban immigrant!

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/...end-the-game-finsup/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post