SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

Smart. Because people are going to knock the shit out of him.

And some people might just move out of position and let them Wink

Well, can't get rid of him if he's kneeling on the sidelines. Let the Bills defense have their way with him. That's a game I could watch.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Well, apparently, Kaepernick was mouthing off support for Castro and in today's SanFran & Miami game, not only did 49rs lose again, but he got stopped in the last play of the game by Kiko Alons, son of a Cuban immigrant!

Direct Link: https://vine.co/v/5FQ5IExT05A

I love seeing him get bent backwards like that, I wish it would have broken his leg or blown his knee out. I don't usually wish injury on others, but in this case I would not feel the least bit bad cheering a catastrophic injury.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks that was enjoyable. Looks like he got a knee to the head also.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers this week and will officially be a free agent next week.

Now that he is looking for a job, Kaepernick is ending the protest ... because he does not want to “detract from the positive change that he believes has been created,”

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ational-anthem-2017/

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers this week and will officially be a free agent next week.

Now that he is looking for a job, Kaepernick is ending the protest ... because he does not want to “detract from the positive change that he believes has been created,”

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ational-anthem-2017/

I wonder if 49er's mgmt encouraged him to "opt out" (it's not like they had a good season)?. Also I wonder if he is ending his protest because he feels mission accomplished? Or because he knows he won't get a contract if he continues to be a jerk?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
$$$$$$$.

The asshole just wants to get paid. Fuck him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
$$$$$$$.

And, the second he is hired (if he gets hired) he will be back to his nonsense.

I hope the owners are smart enough to realize this combination of mediocre talent and huge ego is not the way to fill their stadiums.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:...And, the second he is hired (if he gets hired) he will be back to his nonsense.

I hope the owners are smart enough to realize this combination of mediocre talent and huge ego is not the way to fill their stadiums.

Y'all don't think someone like, say, the Cowboy fans would put up with his nonsense the way the Bay Area fans did? Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He will be hired. He has enough talent to find a starting job although on a less than top tier team. And that owner will put of with his crap until he tires of it and moves him along.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Scoutmaster, Nope. Wouldn't fly in Indy either. We had a cockdiesel pull that shit at a game in the U.K. He was GONE BABY! within a week or so. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
$$$$$$$.

I don't fault him for that, who doesn't want to make more money.
However, I also wonder if it was voluntary?
I heard they didn't want this piece of shit for a human anyway.
Unfortunately some dumb fucked up team will sign him but I think it will be at a discount rather than a raise in pay.

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Here's the horse he rode in on...you know what they say:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I fault him for being a punk bitch and not sticking to his prinicples when it hurts his wallet. He has made enough already to live comfortably for the rest of his life if he is smart (which he is not). Fuck him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I fault him for being a punk bitch and not sticking to his prinicples when it hurts his wallet. He has made enough already to live comfortably for the rest of his life if he is smart (which he is not)....

Semi drift. There was an article last year(ish) noting that something like half of NFL players are bankrupt within 7 or so years after they retire.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:...And, the second he is hired (if he gets hired) he will be back to his nonsense.

Y'all don't think someone like, say, the Cowboy fans would put up with his nonsense the way the Bay Area fans did? Wink

Not the Cowboys fan nor ownership. Not the way he did his little bitch act. During this season when all that was going on Jerry Jones had the sense to exhibit LEO appreciation, & loyalty thereto. He wouldn't go back around & muck that up. Sure, Jones has hired some "wrong guys" but I think this douchenozzle is just too distasteful for anyone in Dallas. Besides at this time there's no need for a second string guy with an overblown opinion of himself in Dallas. I just can't see it happening.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5524 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder if 49er's mgmt encouraged him to "opt out" (it's not like they had a good season)?. Also I wonder if he is ending his protest because he feels mission accomplished? Or because he knows he won't get a contract if he continues to be a jerk?

Yes, he was going to be released if he didn't opt out on his own. The 49'ers may end up bringing him back on a much reduced contract, though.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...n-kaepernick-opt-out

I'd love to see him injured and permanently out of the league, homeless and destitute (and there are very few people I would wish something like that on).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
He's looking for a new team so time to end his protest. If he really had some balls he'd keep it up.

Wonder if the 49ers told him to take a hike.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
homeless.....

He sold his house a made a few bucks in the process.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicago, here I come. Love, Colin.

Posts: 5787 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
kaepernick - Go get a real job you POS.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post