SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Not what was wanted for sure. Still praying for you.

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it isn't going as well as it could go. We're all pulling for you, though. Try your best to keep in good spirits. Be nice and play their game as long as you can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
It's been said, and famously I might add...'If it doesn't fit, you must acquit'! Wink
This is funny to you?

Do you know that the man is stuck in a foreign country without his passport, accused of a crime?

No Sir, NOT funny at all. It was intended to lighten his mood and in response to his comment re: his attorney, "They call him the 'Johnny Cochrane' of Turks and Caicos."

I had hoped it was also in keeping with your advise in an earlier post when you indicated, "we could do him some good by just posting. Anything- funny stories or stories about when you got into a legal bind (with a focus on positive outcomes), words of support, anything at all."

I have been following this thread, and I'm obviously hoping for the best outcome here!

Thanks, that's how I took it. Para is concerned for me and looking out for one of his flock. I appreciate all of your posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

When things seem a little overwhelming, just remember you've got good people working for you there, and good people hoping AND praying for you here! Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, that kinda sucks. But, hopefully, soon you'll get to pay a fine and get the hell out of there. And, never to return, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Yep, sounds like a shakedown to me. The Caribs think all Americanos are wealthy and want a part of it for their little isle, unfortunately.

Yeah… probably just trying to max the revenue.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I too wished the charges would have been dropped. All need to remember to be careful what you post. I could be read by anyone. Be best to just let it play out with out shakedown comments or similar. None of that will help him.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19704 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Old rugged cross has a good point.
Hopefully a fine will get you home, they really gain nothing by anything more.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that last meeting didn’t go well but praying the next will and that you’ll be on your way home soon.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dave7378, can we send you something to brighten your day?

Books?
Food?
Human smuggler? Wink JK.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Books?

Does Amazon deliver down there? I’d be in for a book of his choice.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Books?

Does Amazon deliver down there? I’d be in for a book of his choice.

Send a Kindle version, when you buy a kindle book there is an option to send it to someone else, don't buy it, down load and try to share, the rules have changed on sharing and you don't want to deal with it.

Just did that with my Dad, sent him the Kindle book and he's reading it within a few minutes of getting the email from Amazon Kindle.

Ezpeasy, plus Kindle versions are priced better.

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
We were able to petition the court to expedite the trial. We have a court date on May 2nd. Basically just going in to hear the charges and make a plea. The plan is to plead guilty and ask for exceptional circumstances. The lawyers submit summaries on May 3rd and we come back on May 10th for the judges determination. If she decides to grant EC then I will most likely be fined and allowed to leave. I am guardedly optimistic due to previous case law that this will happen. If it does I will be on the first available flight home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Hopefully things go as you’ve outlined Dave…..hoping for the best! Hoping you’ll be on a flight home soon

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed

Posts: 13562 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it does I will be on the first available flight home.

Hopefully for the last time. If I were in your position, I would never return and choose a new annual destination.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15789 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Hoping the best, take care.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Best of luck!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5498 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
If a Go Fund ME is set up, I'll participate.
Dave, lots of guys here on your side.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We do not use gofundme and I really wish members would stop mentioning them at all.

The term is crowdfunding and it drives me absolutely nuts that a group which has demonstrated that they are amoral reptiles who care nothing about this nation, its people or its Constitution, has become synonymous with crowdfunding.

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post