SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1974 - Buffalo, NY

A dumb college kid at UB at about 3AM, after surviving a night of 3 for $1.00 shots of schnapps at the local watering hole, I was resting on top of one of those big mailboxes on the corner before my walk home when a Buffalo city police cruiser pulls up and the officer asks me what I'm doing. I told him I was just resting before walking home.

He says,"Well, get down and get going." To which I politely replied, " Sir, this is Federal property, and you have no jurisdiction here."

After he explained jurisdiction to me, and I got up off the sidewalk, his demeaner changed and he said, "C'mon, get in the car and I'll give you a ride home."

I did and he asked me where I lived as he was pulling away from the curb. I yelled, "Stop!" and pointed to my house behind the mailbox.

I never really understood why he got mad all over again.

Best wishes for a great outcome, Dave. Get home soon!

Posts: 764 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you Sir

Roman says hey and wanted you to know he got a new squeaky ball today. He sounds like a bird walking through the house with it

Posts: 5528 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dave, sure hope things are getting better for you.

We had a heck of a day here. You know how they thrown the ball into the crowd after they win a game? That's not allowed in bowling. I know that now.

Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
My attorney has sent a letter to the prosecution asking them to drop the charges but won't know how that was received until Tuesday.

Any word from your attorney, Dave?

Posts: 764 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Report This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Probably around 1994 or so I had a school trip to Washington DC. My father accompanied me and we were able to visit a lot of the sights. We went to visit the capital and as dad was going through the metal detector it went off. Security was watching very closely as was the remainder of our group. He checks his pockets and tries again and the alarm goes off again. Now everyone is watching very closely. He ultimately remembers the pouch of Levi Garrett tobacco in his hip pocket and goes through with no issue. My dad loves to tell the story now.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1900 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I had a long phone conversation today with Dave, trying to entertain him with a few stories. He may be able to give us an update tomorrow evening.

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing what I hope is good news!

We're with you, Dave!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Also hoping for positive news.
Either way it would be great to know support is with him.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I was going to make a thread but I’ll put this amusing observation here…for entertainment purposes.
We have a Chocolate lab that’s still a puppy…10 months old at this point….And I noticed sometimes when he drinks from the water bowl he leaves a substantial trail of water behind on the floor….I wondered why so much water…then, I watched him…and the answer became clear…must be bored at times…the fucker submerges his entire nose and blows bubbles! WTF?! I have never seen a dog do that! Of course he appears to be having fun and is all proud of himself prancing away from the water bowl showering the floor along his way…damn dog! Big Grin

Hoping to get some good news from our friend in T & C with his unscheduled extended stay!!

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Gotta get some video of that! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hoping for good news and a swift resolution

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Gotta get some video of that! Big Grin

Agreed! If I can get video of the devil dog doing it I’ll post it! Never seen anything like it before

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm cautiously optimistic that no news is good. In this case hopefully he's arranging travel or has been forced to enter into equivalent of a non-disclosure agreement. If the latter, I suspect we will one day get an update from someone who knows that he's back stateside - acknowledging just that seems pretty far outside what any government would limit I'd hope.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12662 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I had a long phone conversation today with Dave, trying to entertain him with a few stories. He may be able to give us an update tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the update para.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Dave, I'm sorry for your trouble, and I hope it gets cleared up quickly and with minimal pain. I'll leave you a little humor.

My wife was in a car accident the other night. She was okay, and when I asked her how it could have happened, she immediately blamed the other guy. "He was just sitting there with his phone in one hand and a beer in the other!"

I said, "Well, Babe, a man has the right to do that in his own living room...but that don't explain how your car got in here."

Wink

Posts: 10805 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It was a great conversation. Jamaica and Georgia, lol. Thanks Para. Had a great night with my wife tonight, just talking about life and present circumstances. I think one conversation carried me to the next. Funny how that works. I hope to have some info tomorrow. Good night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Good night Dave. We’re all hoping you’ll be home soon.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8146 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Praying this works out soon for you Dave and I believe it will. Lots of wisdom on this board and people connected all over the world. If someone has an "Uncle" on the island that could be helpful, and what I mean is a friend that is connected to the Mayor, District Attorney that sort of thing and would be willing to put in a good word.

My Dad was like the absent minded Professor, smart but lost things all the time. He went into the County Courthouse one day, ran his briefcase thru the X-Ray and the Security Guards eyes got real big. My Dad had on oh-shit moment, that's where my .357 is! My Dad had gone to law school with the D.A. and they had both been my little league coaches. It took about a year, but all the charges just went away.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to the update.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38195 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Hoping for better times ahead very soon! There are so many of us thinking of you and ready to support any way we can.

Posts: 746 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Report This Post