SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see some good coming out of this nightmare. I know Dave wished to give something to each of you but with approximately 250 members posting in this thread, it would have ended up being a symbolic gesture: "Here's five bucks. Get yourself something nice." Big Grin

However it would have been distributed, though, it's a very nice gesture.

Members do say this forum is unique. In certain respects, I know this is true, due to its, uhh, unique administrator. Roll Eyes

More than that, though- if it is unique in the sense members mean when they make this claim, it is because of the membership itself. Most who read this board may come and go, but we have a core group here and it's comprised of truly good-hearted people. I have witnessed their kindness and fellowship over the years, their willingness to lend a helping hand when asked. I, myself, am a recipient of this generosity and kindness, and woe unto the man who speaks ill of these people, for he will have me to contend with.

Dave was my friend before all of this happened, and even though many of you would have recognized his screen name previously, I am glad that now all of you have had a chance to see what a good guy he is, and if the need arises, he will respond in kind to the support provided him during his little vacation in Hell.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Dave, if you should change your mind about using a little extra help after this ordeal, I know many here would be happy to provide. Please keep that in mind.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...a symbolic gesture: "Here's five bucks. Get yourself something nice." Big Grin

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Big Grin

Agreed Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5939 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dave, if you should change your mind about using a little extra help after this ordeal, I know many here would be happy to provide. Please keep that in mind.

I appreciate that, truly. I know the makeup and generosity of this membership. I have seen it many times. Not that I ever thought I would need it for something like this but I had a rainy day fund, thank goodness for whoever gave me that advice. I wouldn't feel right receiving financial assistance for something I was prepared for. Let's save that for someone truly in need.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5939 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:

I appreciate that, truly. I know the makeup and generosity of this membership. I have seen it many times. Not that I ever thought I would need it for something like this but I had a rainy day fund, thank goodness for whoever gave me that advice. I wouldn't feel right receiving financial assistance for something I was prepared for. Let's save that for someone truly in need.

To say you are a true gentleman doesn’t do the term (or you) justice.
I’m not alone knowing you’re a good man…in all aspects considering that term.
I think that just being on the same board as you a privilege!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3891 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
https://caribbean.loopnews.com...turks-caicos-islands

Sorry to revive this thread. An American citizen from Indiana was sentenced to 8 months in prison. Circumstances very similar to my own. He had 20 rounds, where I had 44. He had a different judge who may have been trying to make a name for himself. He plead guilty and asked for special circumstances, same as me. Judge granted it but instead of fining him, sentenced him to 8 months in Grand Turk which from what I was told is a real shit hole. Judge disregarded the precedent. I feel terrible for him but I count my blessings that I had a different result.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Damn.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5547 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Well, that truly sucks he had to be made an example of. We're very happy you had a different result.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2089 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Justice is swerved.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They probably ran a credit check on him and figured out they couldn't extort any money from him.

Dave, on an unrelated matter, please check your email.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the hardship of having to serve time in a foreign prison. I feel the power of dread since I made a mistake like that but it was discovered in my local airport. When my attention turned to the commotion stirring around my carry-on I could feel the blood drain from my face as the officer held up a pistol mag retrieved from inside. It was an innocent oversight that in the wrong place could have landed me in similar trouble. I suppose that is why when you, Dave, were free again I was so personally relieved. Now learning of the other man's troubles that dread slips back into my heart. I'm so glad you are free. I'm so glad to have the freedoms we have.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post