SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Hope things are progressing well on the legal front and that Dave will be out of there and on the way home soon.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I've spent a lot of time in China. About 14 yrs ago I was visiting some friends in Chengdu and the husband was a big Airsoft nut. He had done some work in Pakistan and really took to the gun culture, but couldn't bring any real guns back to China. He did, however, get full-auto AK-47 and M-16 Airsofts and was very proud of them. I'm not sure as to their legality in China. He insisted we take them up to the roof of his apt high rise and shoot beer cans, could not understand why I thought that was a bad idea.

Yeah our guy was based in Hong Kong. He had been back in the States for a few weeks and went Airsoft shooting with his son. His buddy, being a good guy, stuck the leftover rounds in his bag without him knowing.

They were in a side pocket. He never knew about them, flew around for two months and went through security all over the world but one night in Guangzhou the Chinese saw the "rounds" and lost their shit.

Why this happened - this was in 2019 when the Hong Kong protests against the Chinese were in full swing. And he posted on Facebook support for the Hong Kong protestors. Also he was a retired O-6 (full Colonel) from the Air Force. So the Chinese held him literally as a hostage for over a year. The Chinese were sending a message.

I think Dave is more low-profile so I'm hoping his process is quicker.

FedEx Pilot?

Posts: 1186 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My attorney was able to schedule a face to face meeting with the Deputy Director of Public Prosecution this coming Monday. He is hoping to convince her to drop the charges. Praying that mercy and common sense prevails. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thumbs up....all the best.

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best on Monday. Hang in there, Dave.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I hope Monday brings you good news Dave!
Hoping for the best.

Years ago when I bowled, I used to fly to the national tournaments. Back then one ball was called the “Grenade” because of the shape of its core weight block. The guy that X-rayed the ball wanted to look in the bowling bag and called over someone to assist. I swear it was like 2 apes staring at a monolith. Roll Eyes I had to convince them that this WAS a real bowling ball and not a WMD.

As a note to those on the board --> When traveling, no matter by what mode, I turn every bag upside done and if possible inside out.
I then grab a Surefire light and search the bags like a cop looking for drugs. Every seam, every pocket.
We’re gun guys…stuff that is absolutely inconsequential to our everyday lives and basically worthless can be perceived as OMG! material to someone else in a restrictive jurisdiction.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
I hope Monday brings you good news Dave!
Hoping for the best.

As a note to those on the board --> When traveling, no matter by what mode, I turn every bag upside done and if possible inside out.
I then grab a Surefire light and search the bags like a cop looking for drugs. Every seam, every pocket.
We’re gun guys…stuff that is absolutely inconsequential to our everyday lives and basically worthless can be perceived as OMG! material to someone else in a restrictive jurisdiction.

This is almost exactly what I described to my wife today about my new procedure for checking my bag prior to travel. I still can't believe I did that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Think good thoughts for Monday. Hoping for a good outcome.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for the best outcome for you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20014 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Dave you in my prayers. Praying for a good outcome Monday.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Papa needs new shoes

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is almost exactly what I described to my wife today about my new procedure for checking my bag prior to travel. I still can't believe I did that.

I had used a bag and left a very nice Swiss Army Knife in the end cap of the bag, last used on a motorcycle trip, probably over a year before. TSA guy was nice about it and asked if I wanted to toss it or I could pay to mail it to myself. Chose to mail it, got it about a month later...

Good luck, we're all pulling for you...

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Praying that they drop the case for you dave!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping Monday brings good news and you'll soon be headed back stateside.

Spectacular sunsets await your arrival.

Posts: 2498 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:

FedEx Pilot?

Yep.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1783 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Praying the meeting went well.

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately they weren't able to have a face to face due to "scheduling conflicts". My lawyer reached out by phone only to be told the Deputy Director's decision would be made via email. When that email will be sent is unknown. I did receive word that she wanted to talk to the arresting officer so perhaps that suggests that she is at least considering it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately they weren't able to have a face to face due to "scheduling conflicts".

A face to face would have been nice... but hang in there. Praying for you.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post