SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Brother Dave, I hope you’re well. We’re thinking of you.

Hey buddy, I appreciate it. Remind me, what year did we meet in NY? Seems like forever ago.
I believe it was 2008. You helped me achieve success and I’m not sure you realize how much I appreciate you.

Posts: 45536 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Followed this from the start. Thinking of you,Dave. When I get home in a few days I’ll tell a couple of stories, one which involves “beating the rap” in my youth.

Keep hanging in there.

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Report This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Just got caught up. Hang in there Dave. Pulling for you.

Happy to help if possible.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7018 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I can only reiterate what I previously posted. Sadly this is taking far too long and has got to put a strain on you and your family. You continue to be in our prayers.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Brother Dave, I hope you’re well. We’re thinking of you.

Hey buddy, I appreciate it. Remind me, what year did we meet in NY? Seems like forever ago.
I believe it was 2008. You helped me achieve success and I’m not sure you realize how much I appreciate you.

I love this! The good part of the internet!

Keep your spirits up, Dave!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39218 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Plead guilty today. I'm 52 years old and never imagined I would be standing in front of a judge uttering that word. My attorney files his submission tomorrow arguing for exceptional circumstances and we return for sentencing on May 10th. Until then, ground hog day continues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for you!

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Dave.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Praying for a positive outcome on the 10th!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6462 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Dave, I am hopeful justice will prevail and you will be headed home on the 10th.

Posts: 9722 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Dave, I am hopeful justice will prevail and you will be headed home on the 10th.

Unquestionably as are we all. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Praying for a positive outcome on the 10th!
+1

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23643 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I hope the 10th brings you home.

Last October, my then 83 year old dad decided it was time to close his safe deposit box at a bank on one of those Caribbean islands. He had already closed his personal and business accounts there. He had all the US Customs forms filled out to bring the contents into the US. The laws for leaving the particular island said he had no need to declare his property or fill any forms out unless asked to do so verbally or in writing by a customs and border patrol officer. He put his bag in the X-ray machine and the guy asked if my dad had any currency. My dad said yes and told him the amount. That’s when all hell broke loose. Four agents detained my dad for three hours before they let him go to catch his flight. They kept the $60,000 in cash and gold though. We just heard today from the attorneys we hired that the Customs folks have decided they have no case and my dad is free to come back to retrieve his cash and gold.

I hope you get similar news on the 10th.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck Dave. I also know how it feels to plead guilty when I have spent my whole life doing the right thing or at least trying to. I am hoping for the best come May 10th.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Dave fingers crossed!

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
You are in our prayers!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Trapper189, that sounds like a trap. Your dad needs to be very careful.
I just do not think it is as simple as you make it sound.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
my dad is free to come back to retrieve his cash and gold.

If he was my dad I would say stay at home and work something out.

Posts: 2130 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldfireguy:
quote:
my dad is free to come back to retrieve his cash and gold.

If he was my dad I would say stay at home and work something out.

Agreed. See if you can get a surrogate to do it. Local lawyer perhaps?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
One, if there was really an issue, they would have arrested him then and there and not let him out of the country in the first place.

Two, my dad did nothing wrong. He followed the law to a T.

Three, the lawyers won’t touch cash. They won’t take funds drawn from a US bank. To hire them, we had the company that manages our rental properties there pay the lawyer from the funds the management company holds on our behalf at a local bank.

Four, a surrogate is possible. With a proper power of attorney, I could go get the money and gold.

Five, the attorneys, the ones we hired who are representing my dad, have said this is the real deal and there is no issue. No fines, no nothing because again, my dad did nothing wrong.

I appreciate the concern. I only posted my dad’s issue to show positive outcomes are possible which I hoped would encourage Dave in his situation.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post