SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well shoot, guess wheels of justice turn slowly in the Caribbean as well, no doubt, hopefully you'll get a positive result soon and get get home!

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Yesterday didn't go as well as planned. The Deputy Director, in her infinite wisdom, decided not to drop the charges as it wasn't "in the public interest". I think I know what that means (hint $). Sorry but I kind of needed a day to decompress before posting as I was pretty fired up yesterday. Our next move is to expedite the trial and go in and plead guilty but ask for exceptional circumstances. There is plenty of case law where tourists are found to be carrying ammo, are arrested but plead exceptional circumstances, receive a fine and are sent on their way. Basically I am throwing myself at the mercy of the Judge asking her to recognize that I am legally allowed to own where I come from and that it was a mistake with no criminal intent. I was hoping for it not to come to this but it is what it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Dave. Best wishes for an expedited trail and a merciful judge.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23646 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Dave. Still praying for a positive outcome. Keep your chin up and at least know we are pulling for you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7273 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, Dave. Hope it goes as you hope with the Court.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, has the discussions between attorneys been cordial or tense…if you can tell us?

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
The Deputy Director, in her infinite wisdom, decided not to drop the charges as it wasn't "in the public interest". I think I know what that means (hint $).

Let us know if we can help out.

And sorry to hear that things didn't iron out yesterday.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well darn, hope your attorney can get this resolved and get you on your way.

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My attorney has been great. They call him the Johnny Cochrane of Turks and Caicos. He doesn't paint rosy pictures, just talks probabilities and so far he has been right. I trust him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It's been said, and famously I might add...'If it doesn't fit, you must acquit'! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for better news. Praying for mercy from the judge and an expeditious hearing.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well that just plain sucks. Sorry.

Sounds like extortion ala Mexico.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16515 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Yep, sounds like a shakedown to me. The Caribs think all Americanos are wealthy and want a part of it for their little isle, unfortunately.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
It's been said, and famously I might add...'If it doesn't fit, you must acquit'! Wink
This is funny to you?

Do you know that the man is stuck in a foreign country without his passport, accused of a crime?

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow Dave. Sorry to hear the meeting did not go well. Hope the judge finds mercy and let’s you go home soon.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hope the tactic you and your lawyer have chosen works out as good as you could hope for, Dave

Posts: 13562 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
The Deputy Director, in her infinite wisdom, decided not to drop the charges as it wasn't "in the public interest". I think I know what that means (hint $).

Let us know if we can help out.

And sorry to hear that things didn't iron out yesterday.

I'm very sorry to hear the news. Still hoping your lawyer can guess this settled for you in an easy and fast manner.

As oddball said, let us know if we can help out.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the best Dave. I’m not too far in the DR now and I hope you’re home soon!

Posts: 480 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
This is funny to you?

Do you know that the man is stuck in a foreign country without his passport, accused of a crime?

No Sir, NOT funny at all. It was intended to lighten his mood and in response to his comment re: his attorney, "They call him the 'Johnny Cochrane' of Turks and Caicos."

I had hoped it was also in keeping with your advise in an earlier post when you indicated, "we could do him some good by just posting. Anything- funny stories or stories about when you got into a legal bind (with a focus on positive outcomes), words of support, anything at all."

I have been following this thread, and I'm obviously hoping for the best outcome here!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Geez, I’m very sorry to hear this. I hope the judge recognizes it was an honest mistake.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5498 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post