SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got my MPX pistol last Sat. Been to the range once, going again this morning. Yesterday I received my NFA Trust and this morning I e-filed my 5320.1 for an SBR. Now if I can ever get a stock.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are all aware of the differences with it collapsed. What everybody wants to know is if the length of pull is different between the two. It may not be bc that extra bit of rail may not be utilized. Show us a comparison between the two of them opened with a tape measure...

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I do not have any stocks on hand, in fact, I'm still waiting on my 7/23/15 order of the MPX-STOCK-TELE. I did get a response relayed from a Sig project manager that the length of pull IS shorter on the MPX/MCX version. However, the thicker rubber recoil pad to be released should bring the length of pull to that of the original MPX only version.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...at extra cost, i'm sure.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock-X-Collapsible-Blk = Telescoping Stock GEN 2. Lol. I love this gun, love the accessories, love the whole thing, but they have a shyte way of doing business. Frown

Nevertheless, I'm a short guy so I'm not too concerned about the extra LOP.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
TGS has mags in stock, for now, ordered 4 so I'm up to my minimum of 10, and ordered a Sig backpack on sale 30% off.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...ne-mag-mpx-9-30.html

Sig has them as well in 20 and 30 round capacity in the sig store

Posts: 23734 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
Yes, we are all aware of the differences with it collapsed. What everybody wants to know is if the length of pull is different between the two. It may not be bc that extra bit of rail may not be utilized. Show us a comparison between the two of them opened with a tape measure...

Here is the full-length rod "collapsible" stock that is shipping with the Gen 2 Carbines. The length of pull appears to be exactly 12". Hopefully someone else with the shorter MPX/MCX Collapsible can post that length. When the "thicker" butt pad becomes available, it will be nice to make this stock a full 13" pull.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Based on the UPC, I believe those are Gen1 mags. The pic on the web site is Gen2 though.

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
TGS has mags in stock, for now, ordered 4 so I'm up to my minimum of 10, and ordered a Sig backpack on sale 30% off.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...ne-mag-mpx-9-30.html

Sig has them as well in 20 and 30 round capacity in the sig store

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the LOP is on the Kate Moss stock?

Thanks

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The "Kate Moss" stock LOP is 13.25"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:

The "Kate Moss" stock LOP is 13"

Thank you!

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just measured my "short" collapsible stock exactly as the picture above and mine came in at 12 1/4" which is longer then the "long" one? Weird.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the newer folding/telescoping stock (picture page 84) the LOP is 13 1/4" fully extended and 11" not extended (closed). Basically the same as the Kate Moss.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone here using a BAD safety selector, or other aftermarket safety selector on your MPX? If so, which one, and how do you like it?

posted Hide Post
This M project has turned into a circus for SIG-SAUER.

I wonder if the HK MP5 would have suffered the same scrutiny if the Internet had been available in 1969?

The Heckler & Koch development team initially called it Project 69. It's the title of a book about the gun. The MP5 remains the iconic sub-machinegun. The King of the Hill. Good luck SIG, fore this M project has an long uphill battle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, time to order a can for a future MPX that I have yet to buy. I have an Osprey 9 today but want a can that can fit under handguard on a short barrel. I also want/need to buy a 45 so

Octane 45
or
Rugged Obsidian 45?

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
My side-folding stock ordered back on 6/18 shipped! Smile

Here's what I received today. Definitely not the original stock they listed.

I included the Folding Telescoping stock in the photo for comparison.

Here's a few more photos

I received this message from Sig today:

Hello,

I am writing you to apologize on behalf of Sig Sauer for a recent error that occurred in the fulfillment of your MPX stock(s) with the SKU STOCK-X-FOLD-M4-BLK. After we had shipped a small quantity of these stocks, we realized that they had not been packaged properly and were missing the stock itself. We have since rectified the packaging process and have sent the missing component to all of those affected. These orders were filled this past week once the stocks themselves were packaged individually for shipment. You should see a FedEx tracking number in your email shortly if you haven’t received it already. If you have any questions you can call Sig Sauer Customer Service Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 6pm EST. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Bill Larson
Customer Service Manager

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a time when this brand name commanded reverance.

Bring back the days when SIG SAUER guns were stamped... MADE IN W GERMANY

posted Hide Post
Took my brand new gen 2 out to the range today for the first time and put 300 rounds through it. Brought it home and began to clean it. Damn the front take down pin is tight. Got the rail off and decided to remove the barrel and check out the piston. The nut closest to the breech was stripped and spins freely - Mad

This isn't the first time apparently. Mine looks worse than this one:

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/to...ml?b=6&f=45&t=453759

We'll see how this goes once CS opens on Monday. The gun was awesome at the range but now I'm pissed because I have a paperweight. What the hell Sig? How does this get past QC?

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post