SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Fyi, fellow MPX enthusiasts, OpticsPlanet.com has the Telescoping Stock for $175. That's the cheapest I've found the OEM stock. I finally broke down after being yelled at over and over by various RO's in regards to me shouldering the brace (yes it is and has been an sbr for a while now).

Posts: 20 | Location: Ocean City, MD | Registered: July 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Gen 1 MPX owners:
Talked to Sig earlier today, and you can now order the 4" conversion barrel, but it is NOT shipping yet. You can place it on order and provide payment info, and will be charged when shipped.

Here is the shocking part: The price of these things is insane. Its the barrel and gas assembly together, they aren't selling only the barrel. The price: $599. That is literally more than half of what I paid for the entire weapon!

Thanks for the update! Any idea if we can buy the 8" barrel, since I already cut mine down to 4.5"?

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Both the cartridge and the weapon are Sig icons.

I just don't understand.

There is too much demand for the 9mm versions.

They haven't even debuted the 9mm k model, which will definitely come before the .357 SIG and .40 models.

A .357 SIG MPX would be a prestige project. They'll be outsold by 9mm MPXs 10:1. SIG is foremost a business and it makes much more sense to keep rolling out 9mms than to stop production to make the same gun chambered in a less marketable cartridge.

And yet, manufacturers of automobiles, motorcycles, boats, etc., invest in prestige models that cost way beyond immediate return on investment, based on actual sales. They are showcases for the company's ability to engineer and manufacture machines that outperform their business rivals' offerings. Yes, the prestige models.

I think it's more the cost to benefit ratio.

IE,the cost of trying to make this platform perform reliably with the high intensity 357 Sig cartridge (and maybe the .40 S&W, as well.)

They feel the risk is too great?

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More likely they simply do not have the tooling, machining, and or staff to start up 40/357 production. So they would have to pull from mcp 9mm assembly and production. Why do that when they can not keep up with mcp 9mm requests.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

IE,the cost of trying to make this platform perform reliably with the high intensity 357 Sig cartridge (and maybe the .40 S&W, as well.)

They feel the risk is too great?

I am quite certain that pre-production .40 and .357 SIG already exist.

The issue isn't "can they make it" but with limited production capacity, which caliber offering makes SIG the most money. It's 9mm and it always has been.

Until demand for 9mm tapers off, there is no reason to switch production to a different caliber.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is taking preorders for the MPX gen 1 and 2 4.5, 6,5, and 8 inch barrels. They are 599.00 per addition barrel. Hate to see how much there caliber conversion kits are going to be, I.m guessing 999.00.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Sig is taking preorders for the MPX gen 1 and 2 4.5, 6,5, and 8 inch barrels. They are 599.00 per addition barrel. Hate to see how much there caliber conversion kits are going to be, I.m guessing 999.00.

That's mighty expensive for a pistol barrel, even with the gas block.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They must be making the barrels out of steel from meteorites. 300-400 would be more realistic for what they are.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They must be making the barrels out of steel from meteorites. 300-400 would be more realistic for what they are.

Agreed. After cutting mine down to 4.5" I was going to buy an 8" barrel, but not at those prices.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:

I spoke with Sig CS this week regarding the Gen1 4.5" at $599...I also made the same comment regarding the likely price of the caliber conversion kit. The rep I was speaking to said that the caliber exchange kit with complete Gen 2 upper will be the same price for Gen1 MPX owners, at $599. But they also told me the 4.5" barrel would be $349 in January. So...only time will tell.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:

You were right!

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is going to price the conversion kits for high profits. 600.00 dollars for a 9mm barrel, 1000.00 plus for a complete upper for gen 1 owners. Sig wins, Gen 1 customers lose. Gen 2 barrels and conversion kits will be sold for lower cost through dealers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig is going to price the conversion kits for high profits. 600.00 dollars for a 9mm barrel, 1000.00 plus for a complete upper for gen 1 owners. Sig wins, Gen 1 customers lose. Gen 2 barrels and conversion kits will be sold for lower cost through dealers.

Sig is screwing MCX owners with the conversions too. I wanted a .300BO 16" barrel for my MCX 5.56 carbine. Just need the barrel, but SIG makes you buy the entire conversion kit, which includes the bolt and handguard, because they assume you could have the 7.62x39 bolt (doesn't exist yet AFAIK) and therefore need a new bolt, or you have an MCX pistol and need the longer handguard (which I don't and already have the carbine length handguard).

Posts: 3357 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that is what they are doing with the MPX too. My invoice does show caliber exchange kit, rather than just the barrel that was discussed over the phone. At least that would help explain the price...

posted Hide Post
When I talked to them on the phone they said it was only for the barrel. See what happens when they release them, might be complete gen 3 uppers.

Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
This thread has gotten WAAAYYY to quiet...

I just ordered an Essential Mag Pack, time to start stocking up before politics and stupidity start driving up the prices of things. Am I "panic'ed," no, just preparing and I needed more mags anyway.

Probably 1.5-2 months away from my NFA paperwork and engraving. The barrel is already cut to 4.5", the weapon is FANTASTIC with 147 gr rounds and my HTA Guardian 9mm can; life it good!

Once all settles down I'll need to think about a red dot of some kind but no rush.

What are you guys up too?

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
waiting on my NFA paperwork for SBR (any day now) and my Omega9k (about 2 months out I think)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the forum there has been discussion about broken MPX firing pins. Also, discussion about Gen IIs not having firing pin springs where as Gen Is do have firing pin springs.
So, does anyone know what is really going on with firing pins and why Gen I has a firing pin spring and Gen IIs do not?
Confused? Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

New member here! I've read about 95% of this thread and found it very informative. I was initially torn between purchasing a Zenith (MKE) Z-5P and the MPX and finally decided on the MPX. I couldn't find just the pistol so I ended up getting the package that contained the brace for $1454 shipped. Hopefully that was a good price?

I also ordered some magazines. They're gen 1's but from what I've read, they function just fine in gen 2 units. Gunmagwarehouse.com has 3 mags in a pouch for $149.99 and $7.50 shipping which I thought was decent.

My MPX was shipped already and should be arriving at my FFL next Monday. I was wondering however if someone can clarify if there's an issue with removing the barrel? I've read perhaps two reports of people damaging the receiver as the captive nuts can spin due to locktite. Is this a widespread problem with gen IIs? I'm inquiring as I plan on having the barrel chopped to 4.5".

Thanks again for this great thread!

Posts: 13 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd heat the nuts with a soldering iron to soften the Loctite before unscrewing, just to be safe.

Posts: 40 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post