SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So s3g or ssa? Or not sure yet

Posts: 23668 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a customer bring in a Gen 2 with a Geissele trigger installed insisting that he had read it was a straight drop in, and indeed it was until you tried to load the weapon and it would not go into battery with a loaded mag.

Didn't have enough time to dig in to it but needless to say the factory trigger is back in and gun works 100%

All the M16 select fire parts we have fitted have taken much modification to work satisfactorily.

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just rec'd notice that my B.O. collapsible stock has shipped. Opticsplanet for 219.99 with free shipping. I don't feel bad for the guys on Ebay trying to get $600 to $800.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted January 11, 2016 08:58 PM Hide Post
I cannot get the S3G to work in my MPX without failure to resets at least once per magazine. When I spoke to Geissele they said.....

"Thank you for contacting us. Our triggers will work in the MPX without the stock trigger bridge. However, we would recommend an SSA or SSA-E over a 3 gun trigger due to the longer sear engagement and the better chance of it resetting. We have seen with some 9mm AR15 rifles, the modified bolts (ramped) causes reset issues, the bolt does not push the hammer down far enough to catch the disconnect, which may happen with other 9mm rifles. I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

I have tried everything I know to do to make it work because I love the trigger but it made the gun completely unreliable.

Hello, I've been trolling this forum but never posted yet. I purchased a gen2 and had an order into Geissele and they pretty much told me the same thing. I wanted a s3g but they said they never tested the s3g in an mpx but they did have experience with an ssa and it worked with no issues so I ordered it, installed it myself in 15 minutes, and have 400 115gr reloads through it with no issues at all. best upgrade ever!

Posts: 15 | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
Question on the MPX Pistol - adding the Collapsable Stock-X. On my Approved Form 1 (and I realize now I probably messed up) I listed the length of barrel as 8.0 and overall length as 22.8. I just measured with the new stock installed and collapsed, it measures 20 5/8th inches. What's the best way to correct? Thanks

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
I cannot get the S3G to work in my MPX without failure to resets at least once per magazine.

Out of curiosity, what generation is your MPX? And did your failures start right away or did they creep in? If so, what round count did you start to have hammer-follow?

They started as soon as I put the trigger in. However they became more frequent with use. From happening every 90 rounds to every 20 or so. Gun is a gen 1. Trigger was put in when the gun had probably 500 rounds through it. Used it for 700 and got tired of it being unreliable, tried both springs took it out checked everything multiple times before I emailed them. Put the stock trigger back in now.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capone75088:
Question on the MPX Pistol - adding the Collapsable Stock-X. On my Approved Form 1 (and I realize now I probably messed up) I listed the length of barrel as 8.0 and overall length as 22.8. I just measured with the new stock installed and collapsed, it measures 20 5/8th inches. What's the best way to correct? Thanks

The measurement should be with the stock extended

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3611 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capone75088:

I used the same measurements you did. I took them off of the MPX spec sheet.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send in a correction to the ATF and they note it. You won't even get an acknowledgement. But keep a copy for yourself.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, I've received the Tele-stock and the tele-folding stock. Love the Tele stock. I don't think the tele-folder is for me though. The latch for the collapse is a bit finicky, and the folding latch is crazy tight! Other than that, it feels very solid and has a nice cheek weld for me.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The folders get easier to open as you break them in. Additionally, I polished the contact tip of the hinge cam with a dremel tool and applied some moly lube to the shiney surface to finish.

It remains a deliberate opening hinge, just half as difficult to open.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
The folders get easier to open as you break them in. Additionally, I polished the contact tip of the hinge cam with a dremel tool and applied some moly lube to the shiney surface to finish.

Yep, that makes sense. Thanks. It is a solid stock. No complaints there.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpxgeek:
posted January 11, 2016 08:58 PM Hide Post
I cannot get the S3G to work in my MPX without failure to resets at least once per magazine. When I spoke to Geissele they said.....

"Thank you for contacting us. Our triggers will work in the MPX without the stock trigger bridge. However, we would recommend an SSA or SSA-E over a 3 gun trigger due to the longer sear engagement and the better chance of it resetting. We have seen with some 9mm AR15 rifles, the modified bolts (ramped) causes reset issues, the bolt does not push the hammer down far enough to catch the disconnect, which may happen with other 9mm rifles. I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

I have tried everything I know to do to make it work because I love the trigger but it made the gun completely unreliable.

Hello, I've been trolling this forum but never posted yet. I purchased a gen2 and had an order into Geissele and they pretty much told me the same thing. I wanted a s3g but they said they never tested the s3g in an mpx but they did have experience with an ssa and it worked with no issues so I ordered it, installed it myself in 15 minutes, and have 400 115gr reloads through it with no issues at all. best upgrade ever!
Your experience with the SSA mirrors mine. I've been running an SSA in mine for a while without issues, but recently swapped in an SSA-E just to see if I could tell much difference. The difference is very slight to me, and to my pull meter.

I've heard reports and/or seen photos of MPX aftermarket trigger problems on pretty much all the major trigger suppliers, including Geissele (there's a believable S3G trigger failure report in this very thread). However, so far, any of the issues with Geissele have been triggers other than the SSA(-E). I have yet to hear of even an apocryphal report of an SSA(-E) trigger failing in the MPX.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, or that it hasn't happened. Just means that so far, I haven't heard of it happening, and until I hear a believable one, or until I experience a failure with mine, the SSA seems like the way to go if you're hell bent on an aftermarket trigger in your MPX (and if you've fired the stock one... you'll quickly become hell bent on an aftermarket trigger in your MPX). Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I wrote to Geissele and Art Neergaard (Shooting Sight) last year, asking them if they were planning to make a match trigger specifically for the MPX. Neither of them seemed interested at the time. I guess they did not see the demand needed to justify the R&D time and expense.

I wish someone would come out with a quality MPX aftermarket trigger, that would be compatible with the trigger bridge on the MPX. But for now it's just a wish. As we've seen here, reliability with triggers designed for the AR-15 has been hit or miss.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10506 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is everyone now getting the shorter rods in these recently shipped stocks ? Notice how when fully closed there is still about an inch left in the frame notches.. I haven't had one come in like that yet, on any of the new guns we've gotten in.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
Is everyone now getting the shorter rods in these recently shipped stocks ? Notice how when fully closed there is still about an inch left in the frame notches.. I haven't had one come in like that yet, on any of the new guns we've gotten in.

Yep, we've been talking about the difference since page 85 or something like that. A member measured the length of pull on the long one and it's the same as the new short ones.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emailed sig lasy night to ask how people who ordered stocks after me were receiving them. This was the response.

"Your order is the “true” “longer adjustable” MPX stand alone stock.  The ones shipping are the MPX/MCX duel stock.  Similar but not as much telescoping ability and wider"

I can wait.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
My "original/longer" MPX stock was ordered in late May 2015 and is still on back order status. I ordered my Stock-X last week of December and received it yesterday.
quote:
Emailed sig lasy night to ask how people who ordered stocks after me were receiving them. This was the response.

"Your order is the “true” “longer adjustable” MPX stand alone stock.  The ones shipping are the MPX/MCX duel stock.  Similar but not as much telescoping ability and wider"

I can wait.

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can wait.

Except that's not true. They were both measured and both have the same length of pull.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Having shouldered the KM and the telescoping, the KM stock is the best fit for this gun IMO. Just a bit more LOP (telescoping is too short) and looks good.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3611 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post