SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Ok, time to order a can for a future MPX that I have yet to buy. I have an Osprey 9 today but want a can that can fit under handguard on a short barrel. I also want/need to buy a 45 so

Octane 45
or
Rugged Obsidian 45?

I like my Octane 45, but my vote would be Rugged Obsidian 45.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Ok, time to order a can for a future MPX that I have yet to buy. I have an Osprey 9 today but want a can that can fit under handguard on a short barrel. I also want/need to buy a 45 so

Octane 45
or
Rugged Obsidian 45?

I like my Octane 45, but my vote would be Rugged Obsidian 45.

My Octane 45 should be approved any day now...and my vote would also be for the Rugged Obsidian 45.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greensward:
Took my brand new gen 2 out to the range today for the first time and put 300 rounds through it. Brought it home and began to clean it. Damn the front take down pin is tight. Got the rail off and decided to remove the barrel and check out the piston. The nut closest to the breech was stripped and spins freely - Mad

This isn't the first time apparently. Mine looks worse than this one:

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/to...ml?b=6&f=45&t=453759

We'll see how this goes once CS opens on Monday. The gun was awesome at the range but now I'm pissed because I have a paperweight. What the hell Sig? How does this get past QC?

SIG puts a lot of loctite on these screws--which IMO, is a bit much since they can expect MPX owners, at some point, to take these screws out (esp gen2 owners, since this is part of how you'd change calibers).

The part you are looking for is:

P/N 1810417-R: SCREW, BARREL LOCK

P/N 1810416-R: NUT, BARREL LOCK

Good luck. These are not available for purchase (yet), but you might be able to get them under warranty. I would be ready to email a photo to the CSR that you interact with.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Took my brand new gen 2 out to the range today for the first time and put 300 rounds through it. Brought it home and began to clean it. Damn the front take down pin is tight. Got the rail off and decided to remove the barrel and check out the piston. The nut closest to the breech was stripped and spins freely - Mad

We'll see how this goes once CS opens on Monday. The gun was awesome at the range but now I'm pissed because I have a paperweight. What the hell Sig? How does this get past QC?

SIG puts a lot of loctite on these screws--which IMO, is a bit much since they can expect MPX owners, at some point, to take these screws out (esp gen2 owners, since this is part of how you'd change calibers).

Good luck. These are not available for purchase, but you might be able to get them under warranty. I would be ready to email a photo to the CSR that you interact with.

Thank you LDD. I appreciate your help and apologize since I just re-read my post and it is misleading. I guess that happens when you're angry. The nut itself is not stripped. The flat area in the receiver where the nut indexes is not flat. It is slightly curved and protrudes into the slot that the forearm slides down/attaches. There is no way I can tighten or loosen the screw. Since the receiver is defective it will have to go back at a minimum. I will try and attach a picture later in the AM.

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck. These are not available for purchase, but you might be able to get them under warranty. I would be ready to email a photo to the CSR that you interact with.

Thank you LDD. I appreciate your help and apologize since I just re-read my post and it is misleading. I guess that happens when you're angry. The nut itself is not stripped. The flat area in the receiver where the nut indexes is not flat. It is slightly curved and protrudes into the slot that the forearm slides down/attaches. There is no way I can tighten or loosen the screw. Since the receiver is defective it will have to go back at a minimum. I will try and attach a picture later in the AM.

One of my uppers did the same thing, stupid of SIG to use the smallest section of metal to try to hold the flat of the insert, I managed to get mine out using heat but I must get around to call CS

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Octane 45
or
Rugged Obsidian 45?

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Mix & match session.

T&E 8" bbl with TROS 3 lug adapter (13.5x1 LH) + Silencerco Octane9. HG from MPX carbine.

posted Hide Post
I shipped out my 8" barrel today to Ft. Daniel Inc in Georgia to have it cutdown to 4.5". Hopefully will get that back in a couple weeks. Cost will be $130 including re-threading and return shipping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmoon1,

posted Hide Post
I just joined the crowd of who knows how many that have backordered an Obsidian 45. In the months (argh) I have to wait, may as well start researching, any recommendation on a mount?

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:
I just joined the crowd of who knows how many that have backordered an Obsidian 45. In the months (argh) I have to wait, may as well start researching, any recommendation on a mount?

What do you mean? Silencershop and all of my other dealers show these as "In Stock". Where'd you order from that it's back ordered?

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:

What do you mean? Silencershop and all of my other dealers show these as "In Stock". Where'd you order from that it's back ordered?

Yeah, it's been out of stock at silencershop for a couple days. I was talking to them last week about another can and it came up in conversation. It is also out of stock at Quiet Riot Suppressors. I haven't checked any other stores..

posted Hide Post
Yesterday (1/9), after a 30 minute wait in line @ The Silencer Shop, I ordered my Obsidian 45. It's on backorder, but at least I'm in line for the arrival of the next batch.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:

Yeah, it's been out of stock at silencershop for a couple days. I was talking to them last week about another can and it came up in conversation. It is also out of stock at Quiet Riot Suppressors. I haven't checked any other stores..

quote:
Originally posted by pburkott:
Yesterday (1/9), after a 30 minute wait in line @ The Silencer Shop, I ordered my Obsidian 45. It's on backorder, but at least I'm in line for the arrival of the next batch.

Damn, sorry to hear that guys. I ordered mine the first day it came out but don't worry my Gen 1 will probably be different in some ways to your Gen 2. I think the Gen 1's can only suppress .45 where as the Gen 2s will be able to suppress .45, 300 Blk and smaller. Take heart that you are getting a better product. Lol. ;P

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pburkott:

Damn, sorry to hear that guys. I ordered mine the first day it came out but don't worry my Gen 1 will probably be different in some ways to your Gen 2. I think the Gen 1's can only suppress .45 where as the Gen 2s will be able to suppress .45, 300 Blk and smaller. Take heart that you are getting a better product. Lol. ;P[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------
Does Sig make this??? Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

posted Hide Post
What about Sig silencers the SRD9 & SRD45?? Has anyone picked one up yet, heard one fired, know anything about them??

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
What about Sig silencers the SRD9 & SRD45?? Has anyone picked one up yet, heard one fired, know anything about them??

Vaporware at this point.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:

Vaporware at this point.

They were in stock at the silencer shop for a few hours the other day.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3612 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Somewhere at SIG, someone is saying "We told you so."

Tried a Black Rain Ordnance drop-in-trigger (which I strongly suspect is slightly tweaked, rebranded Timney).

Worked great the first magazine--a very fast 30 rounds, no failures. Next magazine = hammer follow (bolt cycles, loads next round, but trigger is dead). This happened 8-9 times as I was trying to diagnose the issue. I finally pulled the pivot pins after one of these FTSs and found the hammer forward, with a live round in the chamber.

Suppressed, unsuppressed, 115, 124 and 147 grain, all the same. Then I installed the same trigger in an AR and found that letting go of the trigger after reset was causing the hammer to drop again. Never loaded it this way, but theoretically, it would let one round go with the backward draw of the trigger and another one on the forward stroke of the trigger. Clearly something wrong.

I suspect, as SIG predicted, that the downward hammer velocity damaged the disconnector. Well, at least we know the BRO trigger is a no-go on the MPX now.

Next up is the Geissele S3G.

Also, I have heard that the back-gas on the MPX is horrible. It is bad after a complete 30 round magazine, but most of the gas is coming out the ejection port (not the charging handle port, like on an AR). Not sure what can be done about ejection port leakage. Instead of squirting you in the eye, it forms a noxious cloud around your head. I guess it's SIG's way of encouraging good shoot-n-move tactics.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Somewhere at SIG, someone is saying "We told you so."

Tried a Black Rain Ordnance drop-in-trigger (which I strongly suspect is slightly tweaked, rebranded Timney).

Worked great the first magazine--a very fast 30 rounds, no failures. Next magazine = hammer follow (bolt cycles, loads next round, but trigger is dead). This happened 8-9 times as I was trying to diagnose the issue. I finally pulled the pivot pins after one of these FTSs and found the hammer forward, with a live round in the chamber.

Suppressed, unsuppressed, 115, 124 and 147 grain, all the same. Then I installed the same trigger in an AR and found that letting go of the trigger after reset was causing the hammer to drop again. Never loaded it this way, but theoretically, it would let one round go with the backward draw of the trigger and another one on the forward stroke of the trigger. Clearly something wrong.

I suspect, as SIG predicted, that the downward hammer velocity damaged the disconnector. Well, at least we know the BRO trigger is a no-go on the MPX now.

Next up is the Geissele S3G.

Also, I have heard that the back-gas on the MPX is horrible. It is bad after a complete 30 round magazine, but most of the gas is coming out the ejection port (not the charging handle port, like on an AR). Not sure what can be done about ejection port leakage. Instead of squirting you in the eye, it forms a noxious cloud around your head. I guess it's SIG's way of encouraging good shoot-n-move tactics.

Crap. I just ordered a Hiper Fire EDT Enhanced Duty Trigger.....

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can confirm this is fact, indoor range and the ac/vent blowers at the station was down, felt like I needed to have a mask on, very bad, very large cloud impossible to not inhale the schmutz.

Next day different station the air vent was active and I had it blowing down at my position and forward which reduced the problem to some extent.

Significant amount of powder/smoke out of the ejection port...

Posts: 23746 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post