SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you're right - forgot about that

oh well

it will save me the price of a stamp Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
you're right - forgot about that

oh well

it will save me the price of a stamp Smile

Just go get printed. It's not that big of a deal. Once you start down the NFA path you'll love it!

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
MPX Gen 1 with a Geissele SSA trigger, SIG Romeo 4b optic, Surefire X300U-B WML, Folding Knuckle stock adapter and SBX brace.

Yeah, it's all that and a bag of chips too!

Thanks again, LDD, for all the hard work you put forth to provide great information on the MPX and all other platforms and accessories.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1948 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I already have one suppressor - just trying to simplify the process

i need prints taken anyway for three other things so I will just get all of them done at once. Hopefully its all the same form...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dieseljayy:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:

I seem to remember this from old/previous posts, but have others confirmed that the Geissele SD-3G trigger will work (flawlessly) in a Gen 1? Thank you!

Yes and no. It requires more frequent cleaning as the trigger has some failures to reset. Then again that's around 8-900 round counts for a single trip.

My SD-3G started to fail at the 100-150rd count, if i got 800+ i would've kept it in there. But 4 or 5 mags is unreasonable in my opinion. Mine also has a 5" barrel in case that matters. Switched to a Hiperfire and been perfect ever since.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
CRASH_PRO, which Hiperfire trigger are you running in your MPX?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10512 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
i am looking to have my barrel cut and threaded. is there a way to remove the barrel from the gas block so when i take it to a smith, it will be easier on him? i have tried a google search, but found nothing.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had my MPX barrel cut and rethreaded by local gunsmith...he had no problem fitting barrel with piston in lathe.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
the problem is i already had it cut to 4.5". i am getting baffle strikes. the shoulder of the barrel isn't square. you can actually see it's not square. the gunsmith wants to separate the barrel from the gas block. i tried to remove the pins and bent my punch lol. oops.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the gas block is easily removable. It sounds like the smith who cut it incorrectly just bought you a new barrel assembly.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I don't believe the gas block is easily removable. It sounds like the smith who cut it incorrectly just bought you a new barrel assembly.

Except that caliber x-change kits are not for sale yet.

The gas block is not meant to be removed from the bbl.

Looks like Corey4 will have to settle for a 4" bbl. Hope the smith does a better job this time (or go with a different smith).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
the mpx is a gen1. ammo is AE 147. it's actually one i bought from a forum member here 2 weeks ago.

would it be possible to just have someone true up the shoulder so the can sits straight? to my untrained eye and watching him thread the barrel, i am pretty sure the threads are concentric. i used a pair of calipers and measured from the crown to the shoulder. it is off by .003". the "top" of the barrel (TDC for arguments sake) is where the gas block would be, it is .003" higher than it is 180* at BDC. i would rather try that first before i go cutting and threading again. a friend of mine has been a machinist for 15 years, so i am hoping he can help me if this is feasible.

is .003" enough to get baffle strikes? i have tried asking him these questions over text messages and the only response i get is "just send it to me". i am getting no explanation or answers to my questions.

some might ask, "how do you know you are getting baffle strikes"? after a few rounds (more like 50), my trigger wouldn't reset. WTF i said. i popped open the rear pin and the receiver was full of copper jacket. i took my can off and heard rattling. i took it apart (YHM cobra and octane9, i was comparing the sound and blow back difference) and they were full of pieces of copper jacket. each can had ever so slight tick marks on the baffles where the carbon was "polished" off. the end caps the same. the octane9, having a removable end cap, was also coming loose. after about a thousand rounds on various pistols and my other non-Fed with mpx, i never had this issue with the octane9. i also took 15 shots at cardboard with the octane9 on, and the bullet holes were slightly ovate. not a true keyhole, but definitely not perfectly round. i took the can off (FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE A SHORT BARREL UNDER THE HAND GUARD, REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR HAND ON THE MAG WELL AND NOT AT THE END OF THE HAND GUARD LOL. it kinda stings a bit Big Grin) and the holes were perfect circles. after i confirmed the holes in the cardboard were GTG without the can, i did a 30 round mag dump...not one sliver of copper jacket. put the ocatne9 back on, took 10 shots...receiver and can had copper jacket.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
CRASH_PRO, which Hiperfire trigger are you running in your MPX?

The Eclipse also the same as the Tarheel, basically the same as the 24C with a nickel alloy coating. Honestly I can't tell much of a difference versus the regular 24c but that's just me (which i have about 4 24C's in other guns)

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Sig had an interesting update to the pistol stock on display at the NRA Show. Instead of a pistol brace on a side folder, it was built onto the sliding stock mechanism. The rep was surprised to see it out and wasn't sure if they were going to release it or not.

Posts: 619 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
Sig had an interesting update to the pistol stock on display at the NRA Show. Instead of a pistol brace on a side folder, it was built onto the sliding stock mechanism. The rep was surprised to see it out and wasn't sure if they were going to release it or not.

I read about this new brace on Soldier Systems web site. It's made by SB Tactical and should be available from them soon.

sb-tactical.com

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10512 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:

SB Tactical makes the arm braces for just about everyone. They have an ATF approval letter for the "adjustable" arm brace

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Any update on the 357 Sig versions?

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Any update on the 357 Sig versions?

I called last week. No dates available.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Both the cartridge and the weapon are Sig icons.

I just don't understand.

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Both the cartridge and the weapon are Sig icons.

I just don't understand.

There is too much demand for the 9mm versions.

They haven't even debuted the 9mm k model, which will definitely come before the .357 SIG and .40 models.

A .357 SIG MPX would be a prestige project. They'll be outsold by 9mm MPXs 10:1. SIG is foremost a business and it makes much more sense to keep rolling out 9mms than to stop production to make the same gun chambered in a less marketable cartridge.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post