SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Hey does anyone know if the 357 guns are still coming?

Posts: 8159 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
I assume that the 4.5" handrail production will probably coincide with the 4.5" barrel production?

I did not ask about the rails, but I'd guess that would be a safe assumption until we get closer to release.

.40 and .357 SIG caliber guns and op systems were slated for late fourth quarter.

With the K guns being pushed back due to demand for the 8.5" and Carbine sized offerings, I would guess that we are unlikely to see any .40 ro .357 SIG guns this year. I can ask, but at this point we are too far away from even the original production date to know anything "in stone."

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Sig could write a more detailed, comprehensive report!
Nice Job LDD!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8463 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Nice Job LDD!

I have actually kicked around the idea of approaching SIG to do an authorized MPX coffee-table book, but it is too early in the life of the platform for anything with any weight to it. It would be neat though, since this forum was in it from the beginning.

I've also thought of revising and updating the article at the beginning of this thread so we have a more concise product for MPX newbs to read. Not sure of the demand for it and if it's worth my time.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Nice Job LDD!

I have actually kicked around the idea of approaching SIG to do an authorized MPX coffee-table book, but it is too early in the life of the platform for anything with any weight to it. It would be neat though, since this forum was in it from the beginning.

I've also thought of revising and updating the article at the beginning of this thread so we have a more concise product for MPX newbs to read. Not sure of the demand for it and if it's worth my time.

I think there would be support for it. I would like to see an MPX specific subforum. In reality the MPX is still in it's infancy. Unless Sig just drops it I suspect it will be around a while.

Posts: 18 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Question for anyone who had had their barrel chopped: Did the place you have it done re-thread to 13.5x1 LH? If I send mine to get chopped, I still want it in that thread pitch, but I see a lot of people who had their re-threaded differently.

I got mine cut locally by Glen at Gator Guns in West Palm Bch to 4.5" and I had him rethread to original 13.5x1. He did a great job. I then put a 3 lug adapter from hk parts

I'm in Boynton Beach! How much did he charge you to chop the barrel & rethread?

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:

Ran Gen 1 and 2 mags through it both, not a hiccup.

Gen 1 or Gen 2 weapon ?

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by killahpwut1:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Question for anyone who had had their barrel chopped: Did the place you have it done re-thread to 13.5x1 LH? If I send mine to get chopped, I still want it in that thread pitch, but I see a lot of people who had their re-threaded differently.

I got mine cut locally by Glen at Gator Guns in West Palm Bch to 4.5" and I had him rethread to original 13.5x1. He did a great job. I then put a 3 lug adapter from hk parts

I'm in Boynton Beach! How much did he charge you to chop the barrel & rethread?

He charged me $170, cut, tapered and threaded.

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
For those going the SBR route has anyone tried to modify the folding brace by removing the SBX brace and tube and adding a buffer tube and telescoping stock? just wondering if it is possible as it would be a neat option to have a folding telescoping stock.

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:

Ran Gen 1 and 2 mags through it both, not a hiccup.

Gen 1 or Gen 2 weapon ?

Sorry, Gen 2 weapon; 62B prefix

$145 to cut and thread to 1/2 X 28 at ADCO Firearms.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
For those going the SBR route has anyone tried to modify the folding brace by removing the SBX brace and tube and adding a buffer tube and telescoping stock? just wondering if it is possible as it would be a neat option to have a folding telescoping stock.

I did that while we were waiting on Sig to release their new stocks. Short version: I hated it. One, the folding mechanism adds a lot of length, so I generally left the stock mostly collapsed. My shooting was about one click out, IIRC. Pulling it all the way out is only appropriate for NBA forwards. Also, the mechanism has two small claws that engage each other when folded. They don't have much purchase, and therefore don't work, but they also hover disturbingly close to your face if you shoot nose to the CH.

It worked as an interim solution. Now I roll with a KM.

Posts: 842 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone with a Gen 1 MPX decided to ditch it and pick up a Gen 2 MPX?

As the owner of a Gen 1 MPX I keep going back and forth on this, mainly from the standpoint of the mag issues (still not clear to my how well the gen 2 mags will work in a gen 1 weapon).

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took my Gen 2 MPX-P to the range for the first time this weekend. it was a ton of fun to shoot but, when I went to charge the gun at the beginning of the second mag, the right spring latch fell off the charging handle. As it did not affect the function, I continued shooting. At the beginning of the fourth mag, the left latch fell off as well.

It appears as if the pins sheered off.

While I'm irritated that this occurred on a brand new $1,200+ gun, I do have to give props to Sig. I called first thing in the morning, let them know what happened, and they apologized profusely and asked me to confirm my address so that they could send me a new charging handle.

While I was on the phone, I had them change my pending order for a telescoping stock to the Kate Moss stock. Shooting it with my red dot this weekend made me realize that I'll really want cheek weld rather than chin weld once my SBR stamp comes in.

Posts: 3 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My MPX arrived, all looks good. Hope to take it to the range this weekend and if there aren’t any problems I will submit the Form 1. I plan on using the Silencerco Hybrid on this one but that will be in NFA jail for the next ~4 months so I’m going to use the Osprey 45 for now.

So now the big question is what optic, and which Geissele trigger? I think the MRO would be a good fit but would also try an Aimpoint micro if I could find a good deal. Maybe one of the Vortex red dots? The SSA-E is the easy trigger choice but I think it may be fun to try something faster like the S3G. Cool

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Looks good Brett! I put an H1 on mine and have been happy with it. Any plans to cut the barrel or will you leave it that length?

Tough choice on the trigger. I use the SD-C, SD-E, and SD-3G in most of my guns. My favorite for range gun is the SD-E.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Generation 2 factory SBR arrived yesterday . Collapsible factory stock works perfect not seeing any of the issues flagged on previous comments. MRO combo ordered from LaRue on back order now just need to decide on trigger as factory trigger is a disappointment on this pricey of a weapon. Leaning toward S3G with flat bow

Semper Fi

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody have any trouble removing their barrel? I'm trying to remove mine but it seems to be super stuck. Lol. I've removed the barrel bolts and the sucker is in there. I'll probably get a dowel and try to give it a nudge from the inside. Lmk what you guys think. Thanks.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Looks good Brett! I put an H1 on mine and have been happy with it. Any plans to cut the barrel or will you leave it that length?

Tough choice on the trigger. I use the SD-C, SD-E, and SD-3G in most of my guns. My favorite for range gun is the SD-E.

Thanks! Not sure on the barrel length yet. I wouldn't mind a 6" barrel but I do like the current handguard length. I haven't measured to see if the Hybrid will fit under the rails but I imagine it probably won't.

I decided to try the Primary Arms red dot. Seems to get a lot of good reviews and I don't think the MPX will be especially abusive towards it.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Huntertown Arms Guardian 9mm, 4.5" cut barrel and Kate Moss stock.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
Anybody have any trouble removing their barrel? I'm trying to remove mine but it seems to be super stuck. Lol. I've removed the barrel bolts and the sucker is in there. I'll probably get a dowel and try to give it a nudge from the inside. Lmk what you guys think. Thanks.

this may not be it but I know I overlooked it taking mine off, but the two nuts on the other side have to be removed from the upper as well as the bolts. After I did that it was a tad easier.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post