SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:
I really wish Sig would release the sliding stocks. Just got the email my form 1 is approved. Ordered my stock at the same time so the ATF is now more organized than Sig in my opinion!

Sig is doing this sign, hope, pray and wait as a business decision. They know the public will buy the pistol and hope that the stocks will be available soon. They are filling up law enforcement orders first and then will release the stocks at a later date. Once supply matches demand. People will wait. They will lose some orders but most will wait.

Sounds familiar.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoehT:
just received a few factory SBR's with telescoping stocks

Razz

Very nice! What's the MSRP on this?

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoehT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elits1:
quote:

Razz

MSRP is around 2299
They've been selling around 2099, with a few left.

-Bo

Posts: 548 | Location: Allen, TX | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I should have never done it. My friend/dealer offered to sell me their last MPX (still sealed) at cost and I jumped. Got the weapon home, and notice that each time I charge it, the forward trigger pin walks. Literally charging the gun ONCE will make it move bit by bit. This combined with the odd looking machine marks on the lower is pretty ridiculous. I sent photos in and they say the marks are "within spec" Roll Eyes but would take a look at the trigger pin. The right side edge is straight. I wasn't going to post this but them shrugging off the poor machining is pretty sad. My $40 Anderson lowers don't have stuff like that. Never thought I would have to treat Sig's like WASR AK's when purchasing them. What a cluster. It's on me, I put way too much faith in Sig and I swear I will never get bitten again by their poor QC.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3609 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Razz

MSRP is around 2299

Interesting. So if you were lucky enough to be an early adopter, you got a $1,300 MPX + $200 tax stamp + $191 telescoping stock = $1,691 SBR. And that's with the hard plastic case, not the cardboard.

I'm even ahead if I include the $139 I spent on the 3 mag accessory kit. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I should have never done it. My friend/dealer offered to sell me their last MPX (still sealed) at cost and I jumped. Got the weapon home, and notice that each time I charge it, the forward trigger pin walks. Literally charging the gun ONCE will make it move bit by bit. This combined with the odd looking machine marks on the lower is pretty ridiculous. I sent photos in and they say the marks are "within spec" Roll Eyes but would take a look at the trigger pin. The right side edge is straight. I wasn't going to post this but them shrugging off the poor machining is pretty sad. My $40 Anderson lowers don't have shit like that. Never thought I would have to treat Sig's like WASR AK's when purchasing them. What a cluster. It's on me, I put way too much faith in Sig and I swear I will never get bitten again by their poor QC.

That looks terrible. I'd be pissed too. For a $1,400+ firearm I expect better than that.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8860 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Razz

MSRP is around 2299

Interesting. So if you were lucky enough to be an early adopter, you got a $1,300 MPX + $200 tax stamp + $191 telescoping stock = $1,691 SBR. And that's with the hard plastic case, not the cardboard.

I'm even ahead if I include the $139 I spent on the 3 mag accessory kit. Smile

Local LGS has DD products. MK18 upper is about $1.000. An MK18 SBR is 1800. A complete lower with a milspec trigger is worth $800???

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! What's the MSRP on this?[/QUOTE]

MSRP is around 2299
They've been selling around 2099, with a few left.[/QUOTE]

I'm even ahead if I include the $139 I spent on the 3 mag accessory kit. Smile[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the cost of engraving to be form 1 compliant. That's the part I don't like and lean more towards factory SBR form 4 registration.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Ah - yes. Engraving. Frown

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted one of these bad at $1100 for the gun, plus $200 stamp and $200 stock. At $2100 plus stamp? Jesus...double pass. Not to mention mags are going for $100+ a piece on GB. Just can't wrap my had around being $3,000 into a semi-auto subgun. Hope supply catches up next year.

Posts: 221 | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Well, you would still have a $200 tax stamp with the factory SBR, so you really don't count that.

I wish I would have gotten my sliding stock for $191 Frown

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
Ordered my stock in early June for $191 along with the 3 mag deal. Already have my form 1 approved but still no stock. Called Sig CS two weeks ago and got the same 4-6 week timeline I was told when I called in August and September. I am beginning to think this project was not worth the hassle.

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:
Ordered my stock in early June for $191 along with the 3 mag deal.

How early? I ordered mine on June 5th and was charged $239.20

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my FDE 3mag essentials kit, today, and also happened to be reviewing my cc transactions, saw a charge from Sig Arms posted yesterday for 191.20 which got my hopes up. Did not disappoint as I finally received confirmation email that my telescoping stock has just shipped. Both ordered on May 15th. Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you were a really early adapter and paid $1,700 for the gun with brace like i did... on the upside i did get the stock for $191 and have had it for months for at least i got mine setup quickly. It's only money!

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

MSRP is around 2299
They've been selling around 2099, with a few left.[/QUOTE]

I'm even ahead if I include the $139 I spent on the 3 mag accessory kit. Smile[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the cost of engraving to be form 1 compliant. That's the part I don't like and lean more towards factory SBR form 4 registration.[/QUOTE]

I'll ask the question no one wants to ask.

Why are these more expensive than the non-factory SBR. Granted, it comes with the stock, but thats only what, $300 extra in theory?

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll ask the question no one wants to ask.

Why are these more expensive than the non-factory SBR. Granted, it comes with the stock, but thats only what, $300 extra in theory?[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure. Perhaps warranty support?

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Low volume for civilian sales. Jumping through the hoops to sell SBRs when most people typically do it themselves is more paperwork with less return on the sale.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Tracking number shows Sig sent my telescoping stock via FedEx, and it's scheduled to arrive here on 11/13... which is perfect, since I'm travelling through the 12th!

So I figured I better get the engraving done ASAP, so I'm legit.

Frickin' laser beams FTW!

http://youtu.be/TnAh1ToxgFU

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Tracking number shows Sig sent my telescoping stock via FedEx, and it's scheduled to arrive here on 11/13... which is perfect, since I'm travelling through the 12th!

So I figured I better get the engraving done ASAP, so I'm legit.

Frickin' laser beams FTW!

http://youtu.be/TnAh1ToxgFU

You engraved it inside the mag well? That's not too conspicuously placed. Cool idea.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post