SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
5" Custom K

Details?!?! Yes, PLEASE!

P.S. Handguard details, just to clarify!

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
YES! Where is that Handguard from? Cost, availability, etc!

I see MWS on there, Modern Weapon Systems out of St Louis perhaps?

That weapon looks great. I love the burned in logo too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Drew816,

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
YES! Where is that Handguard from? Cost, availability, etc!

I see MWS on there, Modern Weapon Systems out of St Louis perhaps?

That weapon looks great. I love the burned in logo too.

Good job! You are correct about the MWS from the handguard. This is just a prototype we were out shooting and testing that will be coming to market soon!! I promise more details will be provided as soon as I have them. As mentioned before, we're also looking to do an extended length option after the K. Please provide your input on what length you would like to see.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
K first, then 8, 11 and 13 inchers I would expect.

For ME, I'm really only looking for a K.

Any idea on the cost? Ian was pretty vague on this. $90, 125, 150? Just curious on the range, if it's cheaper than the SIG K Guard I'm going to cancel that order which is now what 9+ months old?!?

Thanks again and nice looking weapon!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
K first, then 8, 11 and 13 inchers I would expect.

For ME, I'm really only looking for a K.

Any idea on the cost? Ian was pretty vague on this. $90, 125, 150? Just curious on the range, if it's cheaper than the SIG K Guard I'm going to cancel that order which is now what 9+ months old?!?

Thanks again and nice looking weapon!

Saw on another thread today someone received a call from Sig advising them their K handguard was shipping. Just a heads-up.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a MPX, gen 2, on layaway last week.
Looking at all the great changes to make.
Might be a SBR in the near future.
more photos please Smile

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

Yes, that was me. Just got shipping confirmation last night as well. I used a Sig coupon code to discount it 20%, total cost of just about $100.

Was the model you ordered, that just shipped, the HGRD-MPX-K-AL?

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Looks like you got lucky with that K handguard. Sig CS is adamant that there are none available yet. They said my January 2016 order has an expected ship date of mid to end of first quarter 2017, unless it gets delayed further.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
5" Custom K

I love the look of this handguard! I would love to purchase one. Looking primarily for a K, but would purchase both a K and longer length as well. Something in the 6" to 8" range. By the way, I am running the same trigger in mine and love it!

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I'm bummed. I just went to Geissele website to look at their SSA trigger and found the following note:

Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons. The SSA-MPX trigger will be available in 2017. Please call 610-272-2060 for details.

I have already purchased their trigger for my MPX SBR (in NFA jail) and now they seem to be retracting their "support" that it will work in the MPX?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rangerone,

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I put about a thousand rounds through my mpx with a g2s, and another three thousand with a sd3g with no trouble so far. There are guys on here with many many more rounds down range with Geissele triggers who are sure to chime in as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate that mine did not work with the S3g trigger and others do. Mine would fail to reset the trigger about once every magazine. Throw the trigger in my AR works fine, back in the MPX fails to reset.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am confident that the SSA trigger will work, but I will call them to find out why the change and how the SSA-MPX trigger will be different.

posted Hide Post
Greetings,

The MPX cycles a lot faster than a 556 ar does.
Thats why they are going to an MPX specific trigger.
I recently had issues with my S3G not functioning properly in my MPX. It was a bit worn (came off a 6.8 ar) where the hammer was catching the disconnector. I sent it in to Geissele and they sent me a replacement free of charge. You should get in touch with them, they have the best customer service in the industry! I was shocked at how nice and helpful they were. They sent me a new trigger the same day they received mine. You cant beat that.

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the trigger specifically for the MPX. It worked for a few magazines then started having issues. I contacted them and they said it wasn't the trigger it was the MPX, that it also didn't always work on 9mm carbines.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PSA has MPX mags on sale.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a response from the sales team of Geissele Automatics, and I was explicitly told that using their trigger in the MPX will void the warranty of the trigger.

So much for their golden warranty. I am very disappointed, though they have not tested it, and are aware of the forum talk about their triggers, they allow it to continue and it sells more of their triggers.

Legally, they have disclaimed by their note on their website, so let the buyer beware, use of their trigger voids warranty. Use at your own risk.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rangerone:
I received a response from the sales team of Geissele Automatics, and I was explicitly told that using their trigger in the MPX will void the warranty of the trigger.

So much for their golden warranty. I am very disappointed, though they have not tested it, and are aware of the forum talk about their triggers, they allow it to continue and it sells more of their triggers.

Legally, they have disclaimed by their note on their website, so let the buyer beware, use of their trigger voids warranty. Use at your own risk.

Geissele has been up front about the MPX beating up triggers from back when Sig was still on Gen 1 and for quite a while replaced peoples triggers free of charge. Sorry to hear about your troubles but the info is/has been out there. Heck, jus type in "Geissele MPX" on google.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read a lot on the MPX and Geissele triggers and have not heard of any SSA triggers breaking. They seems to work. Other versions like SSA-E or others, some reported it initially worked and then stopped, or it worked and no issues.

In any case, I like Geissele triggers for a lot of my rifles, but just want to be sure this info is shared. That's all.

posted Hide Post
Friend of mine runs a LaRue trigger in his MPX with no issues. FWIW.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post