SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Put a few hundred rounds through the MPX this weekend and it ran flawlessly (Gen 2 using Gen 2 mags). No malfunctions loading brand new 30-round and 20-rounds mags to full capacity.

I shot Blazer Brass 115, Federal 115, and some PPU 158 grain and had no gas blowback problems when suppressed. The PPU 158 was very quiet but I thought the Osprey 45 would have sounded a little better. Hopefully the Hybrid with a 9mm end cap will be quieter, just have a ~4 month wait before I can shoot it outside. Cool

I really like the Primary Arms red dot. It's lightweight, compact, the dot was plenty bright in daylight, and everything worked as it was supposed to. Seems to fit the MPX very well and should be a good option since this is just a range plinker.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your MPX Brett. I run a Huntertown Arms Guardian 9mm can and I was a little concerned about gas blowback and it was a total none issue. I even shot crappy, smoky ammo and there was no problem.

The HTA G9 ran great, though I'm waiting on a "fixed mount" for it for future use as all I had was a booster type setup for use on my BHP. Which, by the way, the G9 was as much fun on the Hi-Power as it was on the MPX; no issues there either.

Enjoy!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added SD3-G Trigger in Gen 2 MPX SBR took all of 10 minutes and I can only say WOW! 30 rounds with brand new G2 Magazine ran flawless on test fire on home range. Gun range trip this weekend to wring it out as much as is possible with iron sights as form 3 was quicker than LaRue backorder

Semper Fi

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any idea if they still offer the deal on the essentials kit? I ended up using my 20% off on something else. I asked about the kit deal (which I was thinking you could still get as a one-time deal per serial number), but the rep said no. Wanted a Gen 2 one.

I can be patient and wait for the next sale, but if others have had luck getting the deal for the Gen 2 essentials kit, I'd try calling again.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stock and the essentials kit at the same time and used my 20% off on the whole order. Later called and switched from the telescoping stock, which hadn't shipped yet, to the Kate Moss stock because my first experience shooting it made me realize that I would want cheek weld.

Posts: 3 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by branson1369:
Just added SD3-G Trigger in Gen 2 MPX SBR took all of 10 minutes and I can only say WOW! 30 rounds with brand new G2 Magazine ran flawless on test fire on home range. Gun range trip this weekend to wring it out as much as is possible with iron sights as form 3 was quicker than LaRue backorder

I seem to remember this from old/previous posts, but have others confirmed that the Geissele SD-3G trigger will work (flawlessly) in a Gen 1? Thank you!

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:
Originally posted by branson1369:

I seem to remember this from old/previous posts, but have others confirmed that the Geissele SD-3G trigger will work (flawlessly) in a Gen 1? Thank you!

Yes and no. It requires more frequent cleaning as the trigger has some failures to reset. Then again that's around 8-900 round counts for a single trip.

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have trouble removing the sling loop on their tele stock? I removed the screw on the bottom, but the block wouldn't slide out so I could remove the sling loop. Am I missing something?

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:
Anyone else have trouble removing the sling loop on their tele stock? I removed the screw on the bottom, but the block wouldn't slide out so I could remove the sling loop. Am I missing something?

Take the stock off the gun.
IIRC there's two more screws holding it together that you cannot see with it installed.
But careful - there's a spring inside there that might fly off!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:

Take the stock off the gun.
IIRC there's two more screws holding it together that you cannot see with it installed.
But careful - there's a spring inside there that might fly off!

Ahhh... Gotcha. I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone sent their MPX Carbine back to Sig to have the early-version tuning fork replaced on their barrel? Sig told me that they would replace it with the non-ringing flash hider for FREE, but I had to send them the entire gun - I am having trouble understanding why I cannot just send them the barrel - again, anyone else try this yet? Thanks!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Has anyone sent their MPX Carbine back to Sig to have the early-version tuning fork replaced on their barrel? Sig told me that they would replace it with the non-ringing flash hider for FREE, but I had to send them the entire gun - I am having trouble understanding why I cannot just send them the barrel - again, anyone else try this yet? Thanks!

Photo os this version?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
Has anyone with a Gen 1 MPX decided to ditch it and pick up a Gen 2 MPX?

As the owner of a Gen 1 MPX I keep going back and forth on this, mainly from the standpoint of the mag issues (still not clear to my how well the gen 2 mags will work in a gen 1 weapon).

In my opinion, that would be a really stupid decision. As a GEN 1 owner, you will be given the opportunity to buy a complete GEN 2 upper for the price of a conversion barrel. No way in hell you are going to beat that deal! Remaining patient will pay off in the end.

eh...stupid is as stupid does I guess. I found a gen 2 mpx for $1179.00 today and picked that up and will more than likely go ahead and dump the gen 1 pistol.

I have no interest/intention of shooting other calibers than 9, as thats just more ammo to buy/load for. My main concern was future support of the gen 1 platform (despite sigs claims).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: glocke12,

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Finally got to shoot my MPX. Wow, i really like it. Almost zero recoil. Super easy follow up shots. I can see how this could easily compete with my Noveske 8.2" 300 BO as my favorite. My supply of 9mm Subs isnt going to last long...

Had my barrel chopped down to 4.5" and attached my Liberty Mystic to it (my Omega 9K is in jail) Really liking the Romeo 4B also (Thanks WARPIG602!)

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, I have just finished reading all 116 pages - took about 5 days and honestly, the signal to noise ratio got a bit light for a few dozen pages, but...

I think I am ready to jump in and get one - the local shop can order me a factory SBR with a 4.5" barrel with about a six month wait

so I am thinking of getting an NFA Trust set up, then the SBR and then a nice suppressor

could be a lot of fun Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53384 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well, I have just finished reading all 116 pages - took about 5 days and honestly, the signal to noise ratio got a bit light for a few dozen pages, but...

I think I am ready to jump in and get one - the local shop can order me a factory SBR with a 4.5" barrel with about a six month wait

so I am thinking of getting an NFA Trust set up, then the SBR and then a nice suppressor

could be a lot of fun Smile

If you're getting a NFA Trust for ease of SBRing it, you probably shouldn't bother. If your dealer's lead time is 6 months, you will be well past July and any benefit of a trust will be lost by then.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
any benefit of a trust will be lost by then.

unless the plan is to add more people than just himself

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was looking to avoid prints and a LEO signature

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53384 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I was looking to avoid prints and a LEO signature

On July 15th 41p goes into effect. This will mean that prints and a photo will be required for any persons included on a trust.
However it will remove the requirement of LEO signature but instead require LEO notification.

(I am not a lawyer - this is just my understanding of it)

posted Hide Post
And that's my point. By the time he gets the Omega 9k in it will be too late. And regardless of why he wants the Gun Trust, it's a moot point. Any time there after, every one on the gun trust will have to be finger printed and photoed to add new items. It's great to have a gun trust so other people can use your stuff without you being there but the hassle to add new items imho far out weighs the benefits now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Faust245,

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post