SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
With the button screw tightened with the two hex screws tightened together where the smaller one is flush on the bottom said de if the collapsible stock, everything worked great after about 150 rounds fired today.

There was always some problem with the stock during my past outings but today was the day....except for 2 malfunctions with Federal 115 gr RN aluminum in one magazine.

I will get some loctite to hopefully keep all the screws in place.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1201 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Fair warning to anyone who is thinking of ordering the keymod forward grip/hand stop: It feels REALLY cheap. I thought it was going to be aluminum, but instead it seems to be made of the same plastic they make sigPro grips from. It is super light, and feels like a toy. I have zero confidence it would hold up under pressure, or if dropped.

I agree with dwd, when this thing arrived in the mail I was big time disappointed with how chintzy it is (looks like a toy compared to the prototype keymod grips I've seen on the MPX on the web). We'll see how it works once they ship my 4.5" keymod rail out. Til then anyone mount it yet?

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

Hey Brett - I've never had any problems with gas to the face on the MPX either. I have a Trident9 and an Octane 45. I do think it has more to do with type of ammo. Have you looked at the Obsidian? Initial reviews show it's very good with back pressure.

For my ears, the suppressed MPX is quieter than the suppressed 300blk, though I don't remember shooting them one after the other. I shoot my MPX suppressed in my back yard.

Great, thanks! Got any pictures of your setup?

What ammo do you recommend? Are most standard pressure 147 grain rounds still subsonic even from the 8" barrel?

I'm leaning towards the Hybrid with a 9mm endcap. I want it to be as quiet as possible so I think the extra volume will help and I don't mind the extra 3 ounces. Plus I can use the Hybrid on other guns.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
dwd1985

dwd1985 can you provide a photo of the forward grip that you are talking about? I have been looking at the Lima 7 grip with the built in laser. Every time I call Sig,I get different prices, 189.00 & 249.99 for the Red. 189.00, 249.00 & 374.00 for the green. I would have a hard time dropping $400.00 (374.00+ tax & shipping) for a plastic, green laser grip/stop. That is 1/3 the cost that I paid for whole dam gun

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
quote:
Fair warning to anyone who is thinking of ordering the keymod forward grip/hand stop: It feels REALLY cheap. I thought it was going to be aluminum, but instead it seems to be made of the same plastic they make sigPro grips from. It is super light, and feels like a toy. I have zero confidence it would hold up under pressure, or if dropped.

I agree with dwd, when this thing arrived in the mail I was big time disappointed with how chintzy it is (looks like a toy compared to the prototype keymod grips I've seen on the MPX on the web). We'll see how it works once they ship my 4.5" keymod rail out. Til then anyone mount it yet?

I wanted that one too but didn't want to wait. I ended up picking up this shorty by Ergo that was keymod and aluminum. So far I am happy with it. It was around $35. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how to post pics (I don't have any pics linked).

http://www.cabelas.com/product...52BProducts&Ntt=ergo

Posts: 15 | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15 | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Question for anyone who had had their barrel chopped: Did the place you have it done re-thread to 13.5x1 LH? If I send mine to get chopped, I still want it in that thread pitch, but I see a lot of people who had their re-threaded differently.

I wanted mine threaded 1/2 28 RH. With that threading, it is a smaller diameter. If you add a 3 lug adaptor with the LH, it is big enough that the lugs have to be farther forward, out in front is the barrel. By getting it redone RH threaded I can keep it more compact by nearly 1/2 inch.

The other problem with my can is that the mount is connected to my can with RH threads. So, when I was using a direct thread adapter, every time I grabbed the can and tried to tighten it to the barrel, the mount would come loose from the can. When I tried to tighten the mount, it would come off the barrel. By making everything RH, you can grab the can and crank down everything at once.

Posts: 842 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
When I had my barrel cut and rethread done, I also went with 1/2x28 RH - same reasons as mentioned in the last post.

By doing so I reduced the length 1/2 inch with the same function just by swapping my three lug adapter from the TROS 13.5x1 LH to the TROS 1/2x28 RH. It's also great to have it all tightening in the same direction as my Octane 45, as I was having the same issues as above.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Question for anyone who had had their barrel chopped: Did the place you have it done re-thread to 13.5x1 LH? If I send mine to get chopped, I still want it in that thread pitch, but I see a lot of people who had their re-threaded differently.

I got mine cut locally by Glen at Gator Guns in West Palm Bch to 4.5" and I had him rethread to original 13.5x1. He did a great job. I then put a 3 lug adapter from hk parts

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

Hey Brett - I've never had any problems with gas to the face on the MPX either. I have a Trident9 and an Octane 45. I do think it has more to do with type of ammo. Have you looked at the Obsidian? Initial reviews show it's very good with back pressure.

For my ears, the suppressed MPX is quieter than the suppressed 300blk, though I don't remember shooting them one after the other. I shoot my MPX suppressed in my back yard.

Great, thanks! Got any pictures of your setup?

What ammo do you recommend? Are most standard pressure 147 grain rounds still subsonic even from the 8" barrel?

I'm leaning towards the Hybrid with a 9mm endcap. I want it to be as quiet as possible so I think the extra volume will help and I don't mind the extra 3 ounces. Plus I can use the Hybrid on other guns.

Sorry Brett, I don't have any pictures of it at the moment and my barrel is at the machinist getting cut and rethreaded. I'll get some when I get it back.

I reload and have a couple of good loads that don't produce much gas to the face. I'm pretty sure most standard pressured 147's will stay subsonic even out of an 8" barrel though.

I definitely see the advantages of some of these "do-all" cans, but I prefer to get cans that are purpose specific. And, fortunately, I have enough cans that I can get very specific cans for my intended purpose. I see the advantage of getting a "do-all" can now then adding specific cans down the road.

I did find an Obsidian, so I'm looking forward to comparing it to my Octane and Trident. It will be quite a while though.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Ok cool, thanks AR.

Stopped by my dealer this weekend and they had just gotten more of the Hybrids in so I picked one up. It seemed very nice in person and while a lot larger diameter than the Octane 9mm it didn't seem to be that much heavier (3oz difference). My guy there said the Hybrids have been selling like hotcakes and would all be gone again in a couple of days. I'm hoping the larger volume with a 9mm endcap will make for a real quiet backyard plinker.

Looks like I'm joining the MPX club as well. Osage had a good price on GB for a 2nd Gen w/arm brace and I was the only bidder at the opening price. I'm going to submit the Form 1 so now the real question is which stock?

Side folder Kate Moss or telescoping? I'm leaning towards the side folder since I like a longer LOP and it looks like it may have a better cheek weld.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will pre-apologize if it has be asked to death, but my searches find nothing.

What is they story with the release of the MCX SBR? Anyone know timelines? Will they make it before Jul 13? Thx

Posts: 20 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe0816:

What is they story with the release of the MCX SBR? Anyone know timelines? Will they make it before Jul 13? Thx

There are MCX lowers and pistols available now. I think your best bet is get a lower or pistol and go the form 1 route.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe0816:

Start a different thread please. Let's keep this one MPX.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Probably a dumb question but does the MPX have to be suppressed using a booster or will a direct thread adapter work?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on page 19.

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
Probably a dumb question but does the MPX have to be suppressed using a booster or will a direct thread adapter work?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on page 19.

Regardless of the "MPX" any fixed barrel firearm requires a fixed barrel mount or spacer to replace a booster's spring...

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Update summaries in an email response from SIG:

All MPX bbls are salt-nitride finished 1:10 twist rate.

4.5" bbl production has been pushed back to May due to demand for Carbine and 8.5" guns in order to meet current orders.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
FML, Rainier Arms (right down the street from me) has 3 MPX SBRs in stock. I don't have the $$$. I'll go fondle one soon...

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

4.5" bbl production has been pushed back to May due to demand for Carbine and 8.5" guns in order to meet current orders.

Glad I didn't wait and got my 8" and had it chopped!

I went with 1/2 X 28 (ADCO Firearms, Ohio) on a 4.5" barrel length. Had a great range outing with it after an AR trigger job, man this thing is fun. But it will be INSANELY great fun when the SBR paperwork comes back from the NFA, oh 4-5 months from now.

Ran Gen 1 and 2 mags through it both, not a hiccup.

I had fun running my HTA Guardian 9mm suppressor on there too, with the original 8" hand guard, looks awesome and worked terrific. I need to order a shorter hand guard soon...

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

I assume that the 4.5" handrail production will probably coincide with the 4.5" barrel production?