SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gkgeiger:
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
Same thing here, rejected today because I had Model as "MPX-P-9" which I chose from the drop down menu using eForms. A note on my disapproved form from the examiner said to change it to "Sig MPX" which looked like it was the only MPX option on eForms (they must have gotten rid of all the other variants). I submitted the new corrected Form 1 within 15 minutes and emailed the ATF Examiner to let her know. My new form was approved within half an hour. Stoked!
I read about this on another forum. It concerned me since I have a form1 in process with the model MPX-P-9. I called the ATF and the lady I talked to said that with SN it is correct. I'm probably going to be denied.

Guess what, Denied.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
Same thing here, rejected today because I had Model as "MPX-P-9" which I chose from the drop down menu using eForms. A note on my disapproved form from the examiner said to change it to "Sig MPX" which looked like it was the only MPX option on eForms (they must have gotten rid of all the other variants). I submitted the new corrected Form 1 within 15 minutes and emailed the ATF Examiner to let her know. My new form was approved within half an hour. Stoked!
I read about this on another forum. It concerned me since I have a form1 in process with the model MPX-P-9. I called the ATF and the lady I talked to said that with SN it is correct. I'm probably going to be denied.

Guess what, Denied.

Easy fix: Call your examiner, explain the situation, provide the old and new document numbers...you will have approval within a day or two.

Can't submit a new form on Wed., so I'll do it in the morning. Thanks,

posted Hide Post
It took less than a hour to get corrected. Yeehaw Big Grin Form 1 filed 1/8/2016.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Trying to get caught back up on the MPX stuff. I remember reading a while back that people were getting a lot of gas in the face when shooting suppressed. Has this been resolved? What cans are recommended to minimize this?

I'm looking at the MPX Pistol 9" and am thinking about getting an Octane for it. I am also considering a Hybrid and am wondering if it would cause less gas in face since it's a larger volume and bore.

Lastly, how quiet is the MPX with subsonic rounds? Is it quieter than a 300 Blackout with subs? I'm looking for a quiet backyard plinker that doesn't bother the neighbors. I know it wouldn't be subsonic .22 quiet but I'm hoping it's a lot better than my Sig P220 with an Osprey 45.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Trying to get caught back up on the MPX stuff. I remember reading a while back that people were getting a lot of gas in the face when shooting suppressed. Has this been resolved? What cans are recommended to minimize this?

I'm looking at the MPX Pistol 9" and am thinking about getting an Octane for it. I am also considering a Hybrid and am wondering if it would cause less gas in face since it's a larger volume and bore.

Lastly, how quiet is the MPX with subsonic rounds? Is it quieter than a 300 Blackout with subs? I'm looking for a quiet backyard plinker that doesn't bother the neighbors. I know it wouldn't be subsonic .22 quiet but I'm hoping it's a lot better than my Sig P220 with an Osprey 45.

Shot 150 of subs through my MPX suppressed and has been cut down to 4.5" yesterday with minimal gas in the face. Not sure about the complaints, only had one person out of at least 10 people shoot my MPX that complained about the gas. And yes, my ear believes it's much quieter than a 300blk and Sig P220 shooting subs. Good luck.

Posts: 45 | Registered: February 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Great thanks for the reply. What suppressor are you using?

Also can somebody clarify for me which is the Gen 1 mag and which is the Gen 2 in the picture below?

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Awesome thank you, that's what I thought but didn't want to assume. Cool

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

Hey Brett - I've never had any problems with gas to the face on the MPX either. I have a Trident9 and an Octane 45. I do think it has more to do with type of ammo. Have you looked at the Obsidian? Initial reviews show it's very good with back pressure.

For my ears, the suppressed MPX is quieter than the suppressed 300blk, though I don't remember shooting them one after the other. I shoot my MPX suppressed in my back yard.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Took the MPX to the range for the fist time with the collapsible stock, 150 rounds worked great but now the button to collapse the stock won't go down and it's stuck in the extended position

Anyone else experiencing this? If so what's the fix or is it call sig time.

Posts: 23753 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Took the MPX to the range for the fist time with the collapsible stock, 150 rounds worked great but now the button to collapse the stock won't go down and it's stuck in the extended position

The A3 style stock is retained by two set screws that can be accessed from the underside of the stock body.

Turn the stock upside down and you'll see a small screw you can extract with an allen key (We'll call this one Screw #2). Underneath that screw is an identical screw (Screw #1). It's Screw #1 that controls the "tightness" of the struts (I think it may actually control how much the top release button can depress--if it can't depress far enough then it won't release). Back #1 off until the stock slides as you'd like it to, then re-install #2 to lock #1 in place.

Self diagnostic: If #1 is too tight, then the struts lock and you can't open or collapse the stock tail. If #1 is too loose, you get excessive play between the locking piece and the struts (and the stock feels wobbly).

I guess you could use loctite on #1, but be conservative and use blue loctite, not the red or purple stuff.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thanks

I'll look at it this evening, prior to shooting it moved fine, I"m guessing the vibrations from shooting caused the set screw to turn in.

I'll put a dab o blue on it so it doesn't move in the future.

Posts: 23753 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried a Liberty Mystic suppressor on the MPX?

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:

Not yet, but soon. I have one in jail for my MPX. It should be out in a couple of months. I wanted a Thompson SG2, but couldn't find one anywhere. I got the Mystic X because it seemed to be a close alternative.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
I have the original Liberty Mystic and will try it once I get my MPX (bought from a forum member here) Seems the rail diameter is 1.76 so the Omega might even work with its 1.56" Dia. Just need to find a thread adapter.

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The A3 style stock is retained by two set screws that can be accessed from the underside of the stock body.

Turn the stock upside down and you'll see a small screw you can extract with an allen key (We'll call this one Screw #2). Underneath that screw is an identical screw (Screw #1). It's Screw #1 that controls the "tightness" of the struts (I think it may actually control how much the top release button can depress--if it can't depress far enough then it won't release). Back #1 off until the stock slides as you'd like it to, then re-install #2 to lock #1 in place.

Self diagnostic: If #1 is too tight, then the struts lock and you can't open or collapse the stock tail. If #1 is too loose, you get excessive play between the locking piece and the struts (and the stock feels wobbly).

I guess you could use loctite on #1, but be conservative and use blue loctite, not the red or purple stuff.

I originally thought I had the adjustment down but I don't as of yet. There is a screw directly under the button and then the two hex screws below that.

I originally adjusted the two hex screws but they loosened after shooting. I took it apart again and just srewed the button screw all the way in, and then just tightened the two hex screws to where the small one is flush.

It retracts/collapses as "advertised" but I will see how long it lasts after shooting sessions.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1201 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fixed mine tonight will take it back to the range hopefully it's good to go appreciate the help

posted Hide Post
quote:

I have the titanium version of the Mystic, the Infiniti. Use it almost exclusively on my MPX, sounds great, but protrudes way out even with my cut 4.5" barrel.

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slipjett:
quote:

I have the titanium version of the Mystic, the Infiniti. Use it almost exclusively on my MPX, sounds great, but protrudes way out even with my cut 4.5" barrel.

I guess there is always a trade off between sound suppression and length. If you want it short and compact it's going to be louder.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess there is always a trade off between sound suppression and length. If you want it short and compact it's going to be louder.

The trade off does have me seriously thinking of a SilencerCo Omega 9K...

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:

The trade off does have me seriously thinking of a SilencerCo Omega 9K...

Exactly the can I was thinking of. Short, light and 131ish dbs shooting 9mm.