SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of scubacuba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
4.5" barrel is not yet found in the wild.
to my knowledge the shipping estimate for them is "soon"
based on past experience... I'd anticipate maybe June timeframe for when we start seeing these things

Thanks for the quick reply. That's actually good news. Hear anything regarding the corresponding handguard? I'm not looking to go the NFA route with the 'K' grip.

"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
hmm let me rephrase...

the K version of the MPX (with short barrel and handgard) will likely be hitting the streets around June(ish)

buying the conversion kit (barrel/handguard/bolt) will likely begin rolling out after that.
however sig will very likely look to selling full guns before devoting any stock to the kits

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scubacuba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
hmm let me rephrase...

the K version of the MPX (with short barrel and handgard) will likely be hitting the streets around June(ish)

buying the conversion kit (barrel/handguard/bolt) will likely begin rolling out after that.
however sig will very likely look to selling full guns before devoting any stock to the kits

Ahhh, gotcha now. And what the heck, guess I'll now just wait and hope it arrives at my LGS with enough time for me to acquire it through my trust prior to 41F taking effect. Thanks again.

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to intrude, guys. I just have to say: scuba, watching you learn your way around the forum is creating a soft spot in my heart for you. So far, you seem to be a fine addition to the Sigforum family. Smile

<yes, I'm female, but not coming on to you>

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
From what we've heard from the SHOT show the MPX-K is to be released in April. So as stated above that probably means June or July. ;-)

K handguards can be pre-ordered now, scroll back a few pages and you can find info out there.

If you want a shorty now, your choice is to buy an 8" model and have it cut. This is what I'll be doing because I want 1/2 x 28 threading for my suppresor anyway, long handguard from the 8" model to cover the can and I'll then order a shorty handguard for non-suppressor use too.

Good luck and welcome!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 4.5" has been at the dealer's since January...Form 4 should clear by May!

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and with the original telescoping stock.
not the one with the shortened mcx rails

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
^^^WTF^^^ This is certainly the first report I've seen of any form of MPX-K being released. Especially as far back as January...and with a 1st Gen hand guard. Color me confused and jealous.

Color me lucky. It was purchased through the Sig IOP program. And from a LE/Mil dealer that ordered direct from the factory, and shipped direct to my local dealer. I'm a little bummed that it does not have the keymod handguard, but after reading this thread, I'm happy to know it'll function with Gen 2 magazines.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
you'll be able to buy the keymod handguard after the fact if wanted - and it won't look too funky as this is the K version - you'll only have like 1" of the scalloped picatinny which can hide under the front sight

Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
It's cool to see a K, finally; but for those who can't purchase via the IOP program I suspect we still have a few months to wait... That being said, we've now seen one on the loose, so we know they exist.

Congrats on your purchase, I like you K the way it is, Gen 2 with Gen 1 parts on it still from the factory.

posted Hide Post
wait a darn minute. Its nice to see a K, but is that a G1? is the rail on top scalloped or no? Scallopped=G2, no scallop G1. The handguard should surely be Non scalloped rail. Meaning if its a G2/G1 mix, the rail will be half and half-- that half inch of rail under the front sight anyway!

Looks like a G1 factory SBR to me. More pics would show more light on this.

Posts: 20 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is definitely a Gen 1 dust cover!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the ejection port/door size it looks like a Gen 1. Gen 2 port is slightly larger ( for caliber changes). If u open the cover, the Gen 2 has the ball detent latch in the middle of the door and the Gen 1 is offset to the left.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
Same thing here, rejected today because I had Model as "MPX-P-9" which I chose from the drop down menu using eForms. A note on my disapproved form from the examiner said to change it to "Sig MPX" which looked like it was the only MPX option on eForms (they must have gotten rid of all the other variants). I submitted the new corrected Form 1 within 15 minutes and emailed the ATF Examiner to let her know. My new form was approved within half an hour. Stoked!
I read about this on another forum. It concerned me since I have a form1 in process with the model MPX-P-9. I called the ATF and the lady I talked to said that with SN it is correct. I'm probably going to be denied.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
SIG MPX Gen 2 ordered, phew! Next up will be the barrel chopping, 4 mags are already on their way, SBR paperwork, Kate Moss, the can is already at home and let the never ending accessories fun begin!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
Based on the ejection port/door size it looks like a Gen 1. Gen 2 port is slightly larger ( for caliber changes). If u open the cover, the Gen 2 has the ball detent latch in the middle of the door and the Gen 1 is offset to the left.

It's not just the size of the dust cover - the exterior is different - Gen 1 has two vertical lines close together with an indented rectangle to left - the Gen 2 also has two vertical lines but spaced apart with the indented rectangle in between them. This indicates the Gen when the cover is closed. Maybe the Gen 3 will go back to the close lines and the indent to the right - after that Sig runs out of room and we will all just have to settle with Gen 3's!

Picture of scubacuba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
I'm sorry to intrude, guys. I just have to say: scuba, watching you learn your way around the forum is creating a soft spot in my heart for you. So far, you seem to be a fine addition to the Sigforum family. Smile

<yes, I'm female, but not coming on to you>

Thank you, I'm learning as I'm going here. This site really is something... as are its members!

quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
From what we've heard from the SHOT show the MPX-K is to be released in April. So as stated above that probably means June or July. ;-)

K handguards can be pre-ordered now, scroll back a few pages and you can find info out there.

If you want a shorty now, your choice is to buy an 8" model and have it cut. This is what I'll be doing because I want 1/2 x 28 threading for my suppresor anyway, long handguard from the 8" model to cover the can and I'll then order a shorty handguard for non-suppressor use too.

Good luck and welcome!

VERY INTERESTING! Cutting the barrel on the 8" model to 4.5" and configuring it as you've described above (with a somewhat covered suppressor) is something I had not considered. I have a Ti-Rant I'd love to put on it and I think it would look very nice like that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scubacuba,

posted Hide Post
Here is a 39-cent solution to the cold/hard cheek weld on the KM stock. I purchased a 1-foot length of 3/8" I.D. x 1/2" O.D. Clear Tubing from the plumbing department at Home Depot for 39 cents. I cut off a 5-1/2" length and slit it on one side down the length of the tube and placed it on the top rail of the KM stock. Much better feel - softer and warmer!

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPollito:
FYI (and this may depend on examiner) but my Form 1 was rejected because I listed the item as Sig MPX-P rather than Sig MPX.

Odd, mine was approved with MPX-P-PSB. Also one of their drop down options.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Here is a 39-cent solution to the cold/hard cheek weld on the KM stock. I purchased a 1-foot length of 3/8" I.D. x 1/2" O.D. Clear Tubing from the plumbing department at Home Depot for 39 cents. I cut off a 5-1/2" length and slit it on one side down the length of the tube and placed it on the top rail of the KM stock. Much better feel - softer and warmer!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/a...20sm_zpsfxo6xd7u.jpg
Nice, good idea!

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post