SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
When you try to save your reputation by repeatedly saying you are weak and cowardly, what have you saved?

In Sigmonkey's excellent analogy, this is flak. It's just more of the daily dose of flak.

Keep your bearings. Smile

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Been mowing the yard so I have have missed it but why hasn't anyone asked him why the screeching hag (Hillary) by his own statements (at the time) couldn't have charges brought against her for what were serious breaches of security due to her not having 'intent' but he now thinks Trump 'intended' to influence him?

I did hear his comment about Lynch (no surprise there) but I still think he needs to answer why, without convicting evidence, he now mentions his "opinion" that there was intent when it did not matter before when there was actual evidence.

The guy seems to be just another self aggrandizing sack of shit.

That would have been an interesting line of questioning.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30437 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
At lunchtime I watched part of "Clash Of The Titans" (2010) instead. The final scenes of the Gorgon and her demise are kinda like Hillary's loss in November, and her unwillingness to accept her fate.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15913 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The Democrats got nothing on Trump out of this hearing today.
To the Democrats dismay, Comey says he is a leaker, confirmed Trump is not under investigation and he dished dirt on Clinton and Lynch.

What a great day.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
To the Democrats dismay, Comey says he is a leaker, confirmed Trump is not under investigation and he dished dirt on Clinton and Lynch.

What a great day.

You forgot he burned the media. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

What a great day.

I guess we won't hear anything about any of that from the likes of CNN tonight, right?

It will be the usual:

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Been mowing the yard so I have have missed it but why hasn't anyone asked him why the screeching hag (Hillary) by his own statements (at the time) couldn't have charges brought against her for what were serious breaches of security due to her not having 'intent' but he now thinks Trump 'intended' to influence him?

I did hear his comment about Lynch (no surprise there) but I still think he needs to answer why, without convicting evidence, he now mentions his "opinion" that there was intent when it did not matter before when there was actual evidence.

The guy seems to be just another self aggrandizing sack of shit.

Because one is criminal and the other isn't. Impeachment is not a criminal procedure but a political one.

Impeachment is not a criminal procedure but a political one. True... but there is not going to be any impeachment. Relax. Calm blue ocean.

As to intent: A year ago next month, Comey did his now infamous press conference in which he laid out a case against Hillary but said no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case absent evidence of 'intent' but... 'intent' is not an element of the statute she would have been charged with violating.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
At lunchtime I watched part of "Clash Of The Titans" (2010) instead. The final scenes of the Gorgon and her demise are kinda like Hillary's loss in November, and her unwillingness to accept her fate.

I did the exact same thing!! And now I'm watching the French Open women's semi-final.....that should tell you how bored I am. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Nice statement from President Trump's counsel - wonder how those "appropriate authorities" will decide on investigating Comey's leaks of classified information?

I am Marc Kasowitz, President Trump's personal lawyer.

Contrary to numerous false press accounts leading up to today's hearing, Mr. Comey has now finally confirmed publicly what he repeatedly told the President privately: The President was not under investigation as part of any probe into Russian interference. He also admitted that there is no evidence that a single vote changed as a result of any Russian interference.

Mr Comey's testimony also makes clear that the President never sought to impede the investigation into attempted Russian interference in the 2016 election, and in fact, according to Mr. Comey, the President told Mr. Comey it would be good to find out in that investigation if there were some 'satellite' associates of his who did something wrong." And he did not exclude anyone from that statement.

Consistent with that statement, the President never, in form or substance, directed or suggested that Mr. Comey stop investigating anyone, including suggesting that that Mr. Comey"let Flynn go." As he publicly stated the next day, he did say to Mr. Comey, "General Flynn is a good guy, he has been through a lot" and also "asked how is General Flynn is doing." Admiral Rogers testified that the President never "directed [him] to do anything ... illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate" and never "pressured [him] to do so." Director Coates said the same thing. The President likewise never pressured Mr. Comey.

The President also never told Mr. Comey, "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty" in form or substance. Of course, the Office of the President is entitled to expect loyalty from those who are serving in an administration, and, from before this President took office to this day, it is overwhelmingly clear that there have been and continue to be those in government who are actively attempting to undermine this administration with selective and illegal leaks of classified information and privileged communications. Mr. Comey has now admitted that he is one of these leakers.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President. The leaks of this privileged information began no later than March 2017 when friends of Mr. Comey have stated he disclosed to them the conversations he had with the President during their January 27, 2017 dinner and February 14, 2017 White House meeting. Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. He also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of these memos to the press in order to "prompt the appointment of a special counsel."

Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey's excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to entirely retaliatory. We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated.

In sum, it is now established that there the President was not being investigated for colluding with the or attempting to obstruct that investigation. As the Committee pointed out today, these important facts for the country to know are virtually the only facts that have not leaked during the long course of these events.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...nds-comeys-testimony

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Chris Matthews: Trump-Russia collusion theory 'came apart' with Comey testimony

http://www.washingtonexaminer....mony/article/2625372

Liberal MSNBC host Chris Matthews said Thursday the accusation that President Trump directly colluded with Russia to interfere in the U.S. election "came apart" following former FBI Director James Comey's testimony in front of Congress.

In his written and spoken testimony on Thursday, Comey said that he never felt that Trump had tried to impede the FBI's investigation into Russia, even that the president had encouraged it and he suggested that former national security adviser Mike Flynn wasn't at the heart of the investigation.

"The assumption of the critics of the president, of his pursuers, you might say, is that somewhere along the line in the last year is the president had something to do with colluding with the Russians … to affect the election in some way," Matthews said on MSNBC, following the testimony.

"And yet what came apart this morning was that theory," Matthews said, listing two reasons why. First, he said Comey revealed that "Flynn wasn't central to the Russian investigation," and secondly, he said that kills the idea that Flynn might have been in a position to testify against Trump.

"And if that's not the case, where's the there-there?" Matthews said.

In his testimony, Comey confirmed media reports that Trump had asked him if he could drop the FBI investigation into Flynn and that the president had asked for his "loyalty." But Comey also asserted that he had told Trump that he was not personally under any investigation and that the president had encouraged the Russia investigation, even if it implicated any of his associates.

The hearing lasted nearly three hours and was followed by additional closed testimony in the Senate.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Well now that that this shit show came up empty, the Democrats can get back to their regularly scheduled hating of Trump.

Posts: 4088 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Holy Frijole, Batman!!! Chrissy admitted this??? To the public???

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15913 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Matters
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ that meme is hilarious.

Big Grin

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Paul Ryan and his "he's new at this" crap is the kind of shit a Frenemy would say.

A stupid excuse in any case, couched in an attempt to help, that's also meant to reflect negatively upon Trump and/or argue that The Establishment matters and is needed.

Snake.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified.

If Comey were to be indicted for mishandling classified info that would certainly be a fascinating turn of events!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Holy Frijole, Batman!!! Chrissy admitted this??? To the public???

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified.

If Comey were to be indicted for mishandling classified info that would certainly be a fascinating turn of events!

Scooter Libby was prosecuted and convicted of false statements in connection with the outing of a CIA employee. I'm still not sure what it was he said was untrue, but he got convicted, and the outer did not.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Comey really made an ass of himself today.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...-captain-courageous/

RUBIO: As you understood it he was asking not about the general Russian investigation he was asking very specifically about the jeopardy that Flynn was in himself.

COMEY: That’s how I understood it yes sir.

RUBIO: As you perceived it, while he was a request that you hoped you would do away with it, you perceived it as an order? Given his position and the setting and alike and some of the circumstances.

COMEY: Yes.

RUBIO: At the time did you say anything to the president about that, that’s not an appropriate request or tell the White House counsel that is not an appropriate request, someone needs to tell the president that he can’t do these things?

COMEY: I didn’t, no.

RUBIO: Okay. Why?

COMEY: I don’t know. I think the circumstances were such that I was a bit stunned and didn’t have the presence of mind. I don’t want to make it sound like I’m Captain Courageous. I don’t know if I had had the presence of mind I would have said to the president, ‘Sir. that’s wrong.’ I don’t know if I would have In the moment, it didn’t come to my mind. What came to my mind was, be careful what you say. And ‘I said, I agree Flynn is a good guy.’

no one will confuse Comey w Capt Courageous

Comey says he "perceived" that President Trump ordered him to drop the Flynn investigation.

And Comey's response to President Trump was

"I agree Flynn is a good guy."

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Fearsome Drednaught posted:
quote:
Comey went ahead and followed her orders because "that was not a hill i wanted to die on..."

When a man has not actually ever been on a hill on which other men were willing to kill him to remove him, it may cause him to make fatuous remarks such as this. He does it in an attempt to sound 'with it' and 'having the right stuff' and 'tough guy' when in fact he is none of those and probably has never considered any moral or physical position or belief worth breaking a manicured nail mush less literally being killed for.

This interrogation says much more about the pampered prince than it does about Trump.

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post