SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Comey has more than once already called Trump a straight up liar in this hearing.

It is obvious that Comey can't be trusted, Trump sensed it as he is very smart, pushed him to commit (to being honest) and was eventually fired.
AS HE SHOULD HAVE.
Comey is just in a delusional CYA mode.

Posts: 23213 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The caption on Fox is, "Not for me to say if President Trump Obstructed". Ummm yes it was. If he felt it was obstruction he was obligated under law to report it. If he didn't report it then he didn't feel it was. It's that simple.

He just told Senator Blunt he felt that no action was the right course of action. That's it then. He's trying to have it both ways, but legally he can't.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This hearing is a big nothing burger, just like mad-cow's tax return episode.

I think Trump did Comey a favor. He fired him in an unusual and unexpected way. Now Comey got what he really craves; more attention. Comey should be thanking President Trump (I love typing that!) for giving him more fame and attention.

All the while, the president keeps quietly plugging along with his agenda. I can't wait for his next tweet that keeps the media chasing the red dot.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There is nothing here. This show should be shut down.

Comey even said Trump himself is not under investigation.
The Media and the DC Elite have got to be hurting over that one.
They are in denial.

Today's headlines should read:
Trump not under investigation.
--------------

I guess I won't hold my breath.

From Beitbart:
UPDATE 11:45 A.M. Comey’s open admission he orchestrated a potentially illegal leak puts him in serious potential trouble, the New York Times people note. That’s the story folks. He vindicated Trump, and implicated himself. Wow, what a day.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Watergate it seems the party not in power feels the need to spend all it's time attacking the other side with pretty much frivolous investigations while failing to actually govern.

No party comes in clean to the White House, or is able to govern without some fuck ups, in this day and age it is impossible. How much money has the government wasted on investigations into Benghazi or White Water, or Iran-Contra, or Nigerian Yellow Cake, or Beirut barracks bombings. Sure, heads rolled, but ultimately they meant nothing in the grand scheme.

Look at the administrations prior to Nixon, the "little stuff" was swept under the rug and we addressed the big stuff. No longer. Good luck trying to fight WW2 in todays environment!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Since Watergate it seems the party not in power feels the need to spend all it's time attacking the other side with pretty much frivolous investigations while failing to actually govern.

No party comes in clean to the White House, or is able to govern without some fuck ups, in this day and age it is impossible. How much money has the government wasted on investigations into Benghazi or White Water, or Iran-Contra, or Nigerian Yellow Cake, or Beirut barracks bombings. Sure, heads rolled, but ultimately they meant nothing in the grand scheme.

Look at the administrations prior to Nixon, the "little stuff" was swept under the rug and we addressed the big stuff. No longer. Good luck trying to fight WW2 in todays environment!

Good points. There is never a winner in these matters, only that one party gets to be the leper with the most fingers for a while.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
From Beitbart:
UPDATE 11:45 A.M. Comey’s open admission he orchestrated a potentially illegal leak puts him in serious potential trouble, the New York Times people note. That’s the story folks. He vindicated Trump, and implicated himself. Wow, what a day.
Yes, if all of this is angering you guys, read lbj's post. It's a dog and pony show.

Calm blue ocean

Maybe Rachel Maddow will break in on the proceedings with page 9 of Trump's 1982 tax return form.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Watching the Comey testimony since noon. It's pretty clear the is a battle between Democrats and Republicans and Comey is the club they are using to beat each other.

It's hard to watch the panel reference news stories as if they are hard evidence or factual testimony.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's hard to watch the panel reference news stories as if they are hard evidence or factual testimony.

They could clear this up by asking Comey if the story being referenced was one of his leaks or not. Wink

McCain needs a nap.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
McCain is a blithering idiot. It's like listening to an Alzheimer's patient conduct an interview.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's the beef??

As others had said - a big nothing burger, a dog and pony show.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Been mowing the yard so I have have missed it but why hasn't anyone asked him why the screeching hag (Hillary) by his own statements (at the time) couldn't have charges brought against her for what were serious breaches of security due to her not having 'intent' but he now thinks Trump 'intended' to influence him?

I did hear his comment about Lynch (no surprise there) but I still think he needs to answer why, without convicting evidence, he now mentions his "opinion" that there was intent when it did not matter before when there was actual evidence.

The guy seems to be just another self aggrandizing sack of shit.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Comey said Lynch instructed Comey not to call the criminal investigation into the Clinton server a criminal investigation. Instead, Lynch told Comey to call it a “matter,” Comey said, “which confused me.” Comey cited that pressure from Lynch to downplay the investigation as one of the reasons he held a press conference to recommend the Department of Justice not seek to indict Clinton.

Still, despite his admission that the conversation "gave me a queasy feeling," Comey went ahead and followed her orders because "that was not a hill i wanted to die on..."

So - Mr Clean, above reproach, great American former Director Comey - please let me know exactly what hills you would be willing to die on, as I don't recall the oath of office as giving you the option to choose...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Been mowing the yard so I have have missed it but why hasn't anyone asked him why the screeching hag (Hillary) by his own statements (at the time) couldn't have charges brought against her for what were serious breaches of security due to her not having 'intent' but he now thinks Trump 'intended' to influence him?

I did hear his comment about Lynch (no surprise there) but I still think he needs to answer why, without convicting evidence, he now mentions his "opinion" that there was intent when it did not matter before when there was actual evidence.

The guy seems to be just another self aggrandizing sack of shit.

Because one is criminal and the other isn't. Impeachment is not a criminal procedure but a political one.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
McCain is a blithering idiot. It's like listening to an Alzheimer's patient conduct an interview.
You got that right! Twice as I was listening he used Comey's name instead of the intended Trump's, and he was essentially incoherent overall. It was very sad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
You got that right! Twice as I was listening he used Comey's name instead of the intended Trump's, and he was essentially incoherent overall. It was very sad.

flashguy

Yes, McCain referred to "President Comey."

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Comey cited that pressure from Lynch to downplay the investigation as one of the reasons he held a press conference to recommend the Department of Justice not seek to indict Clinton.

Still, despite his admission that the conversation "gave me a queasy feeling," Comey went ahead and followed her orders because "that was not a hill i wanted to die on..."

Now with this admission, it is not too difficult to assume what happened on the tarmac between Lynch and Bill Clinton. Comey's testimony pretty confirms all of our suspicions that Lynch was completely dirty in the email scandal.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Video of McCain at hearing today:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rzao52ndNA

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It's funny the left is so desperate all the media outlets are running with "politician lies" instead of any criminal wrongdoings.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post