SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Wonder if the D-Ill Gutierrez ever read the Constitution:
http://thehill.com/homenews/ho...-disgrace-to-uniform

Dem lawmaker: Kelly is a 'disgrace to uniform'

Democratic Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.) on Tuesday issued an unusually personal rebuke of White House chief of staff John Kelly, suggesting the retired Marine general has tainted his military service by working in the administration as President Trump ends a program shielding young immigrants from deportation.

"General Kelly is a hypocrite who is a disgrace to the uniform he used to wear. He has no honor and should be drummed out of the White House along with the white supremacists and those enabling the President’s actions by ‘just following orders,' " Gutiérrez said in a scathing statement, shortly after Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) immigration policy will be phased out.

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus member claimed Kelly backed out of a commitment to protect DACA recipients, who were brought to the United States illegally as children, from deportation while serving as the Homeland Security secretary.

“General Kelly, when he was the head of Homeland Security, lied straight to the faces of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus about preventing the mass deportation of DREAMers. Now as Chief of Staff, this former general is executing the plan to take away their lifeline and taking steps to criminalize young people who live and work here legally," he said.

Luis would not be such a smirking asshole and say these things if dueling was still allowed...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The V is for Vagina

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Did Louie Vagina serve in the military?

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:

The closest he ever got to combat was as a full time cab driver in Chicago

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wonder what he's doing to protect AMERICA vs illegal immigrants?

Wait..... how in his mind are these 'young people who live and work here legally' actually here legally if they are subject to deportation for being here illegally? Confused....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The V is for Vagina

I would hope his parents would not have disparaged "vaginas" naming their alleged son after one.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
To say what he did about a man who not only spent decades serving his country but also lost a son in AFG makes my blood boil....he needs to be slapped like the little bitch he is.

Is anyone condemning this? Disgusting.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The V is for Vagina

Smile

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when your party is inept:

Trump sides with Democrats in debt limit, funding, Harvey deal

“Given Republican difficulty in finding the votes for their plan, we believe this proposal offers a bipartisan path forward to ensure prompt delivery of Harvey aid as well as avoiding a default, while both sides work together to address government funding, DREAMers, and health care,” Schumer and Pelosi said in a joint statement.

"We essentially came to a deal and I think the deal will be very good," Trump said.

President Trump described the meeting to reporters on Air Force One: "We had a very good meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. We agreed to a three-month extension on debt ceiling, which they consider to be sacred — very important — always we'll agree on debt ceiling automatically because of the importance of it." Those comments came while the president was en route to a tax reform event in North Dakota, and he did not mention his own party's congressional leaders.

Trump also hinted there could be a deal reached to protect so-called "DREAMers," after his administration announced the end to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program which puts in limbo the fate of 800,000 young people who came to the U.S. illegally as children and now could face the possibility of deportation.

"We discussed that also today, and Chuck and Nancy would like to see something happen, and so do I,"Trump said. "And I said if we can get something to happen, we're going to sign it and we're going to make a lot of happy people."

Pelosi and Schumer said in their statement that "we also made it clear that we strongly believe the DREAM Act must come to the floor and pass as soon as possible and we will not rest until we get this done."

Capitol Hill Republicans, loath to vote twice to raise the debt ceiling, were less than pleased. They said privately that Trump caved too quickly, relinquishing the GOP’s leverage.

http://www.politico.com/story/...t-limit-boost-242376

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Capitol Hill Republicans, loath to vote twice to raise the debt ceiling, were less than pleased. They said privately that Trump caved too quickly, relinquishing the GOP’s leverage.

And Capitol Hill Republicans would know. They are the experts on caving quickly and relinquishing leverage.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump’s unwillingness to go to the wall on the debt ceiling – and his willingness to move along with Democrats to raise spending – is demonstrative of the fact that Republicans all too often talk the talk about debt, but nearly never walk the walk.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me is that the Democrats wield all the power.... even when they are in the minority.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Luis V. Gutiérrez

At first, I thought it was a boxing match.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:

The closest he ever got to combat was as a full time cab driver in Chicago

aawww...that's a Cheap Shot...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

leverage?

the kind of leverage you get with a wet noodle?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
They should HAVE a BUDGET.
I'm one of those strange people who think we should balance our spending and our revenue.
As a country, we now operate by "continuing resolution". We don't even pretend to have a budget anymore.

Having said that I believe we should balance the budget.... I still have to wonder: Why do we pretend to have a "debt ceiling"?

"The debt ceiling is a product of the misguided belief that limiting the official borrowing capacity of the government would force legislators into frugality. In reality, it has done nothing to curb financial profligacy."

We should probably scrap the artificial debt ceiling once and for all.... and go back to what they used to call "regular order" for the budgetary process.

-rduckwor

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
In reality, it has done nothing to curb financial profligacy."

.....while probably true, we still can only speculate just how absurd the debt would be had such a theoretical engine of fiscal restraint been absent even in theory....

While I want to think 'debt ceiling' makes a difference, I can't point to any of the 'continuing resolutions' that support that theory.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
mbinky
Glorious SPAM!

posted September 06, 2017 12:10 PM Hide Post
To say what he did about a man who not only spent decades serving his country but also lost a son in AFG makes my blood boil....he needs to be slapped like the little bitch he is.

I agree. Sometimes that is the only right response.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Trump’s unwillingness to go to the wall on the debt ceiling – and his willingness to move along with Democrats to raise spending – is demonstrative of the fact that Republicans all too often talk the talk about debt, but nearly never walk the walk.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me is that the Democrats wield all the power.... even when they are in the minority.

Wanna let those hurricane victims swing in the wind, unaided?

Without something that imperative, undeniable, there is no deal. They argue and bicker until someone cries "Uncle" or the clock ticks down.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
This whole DACA thing has me perturbed. We all know it is unconstitutional. Trump has said it, and AG Sessions just repeated it the other day. Why are they allowing a plainly unconstitutional policy to continue for 6 months. It should be shut down immediately. I would imagine some state AG could go to court and get an injunction to immediately stop DACA, but for some reason that isn't happening.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I wonder if McConnell, Ryan and the rest of the Republicans in Congress understand the concept of "warning shot?"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post