SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Comey said "I don’t want to make it sound like I’m Captain Courageous."

No worries there chief.

Posts: 6512 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
Comey said "I don’t want to make it sound like I’m Captain Courageous."

No worries there chief.

Backbiting weasel.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17564 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an excellent observation by Sen Rubio:

Rubio marveled at how many leaks have occurred during the Trump-Russia investigation, saying "we've learned more from the newspapers sometimes than we do from our open hearings."

"Do you ever wonder why, of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that's never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation , despite the fact that Democrats and Republicans and the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks?" he asked.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This picture of James Comey was just released as they wrapped up the initial testimony today. It's his stunned look.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10990 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

I guess party matters!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
re: "Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey's excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to entirely retaliatory. We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated."

I heard this exact phrase and thought the matter was clear.

Not 3 minutes later on the radio station I heard a short recording of CNN alleged attorney Somebody Clueless-Tobin, make the statement that 'Comey stated Trump WAS colluding with' yadda yadda yadda.......

Spent a couple hours at the range. It all seems like a dream. Who IS 'Tobin' and how does he not know what Comey actually said?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Great article by Alan Dershowitz.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...ators-are-wrong.html

quote:

Comey's opening testimony: Trump admin lied, defamed me

In his testimony former FBI director James Comey echoed a view that I alone have been expressing for several weeks, and that has been attacked by nearly every Democratic pundit.

Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual. I paraphrase, because the transcript is not yet available: the president can, in theory, decide who to investigate, who to stop investigating, who to prosecute and who not to prosecute. The president is the head of the unified executive branch of government, and the Justice Department and the FBI work under him and he may order them to do what he wishes.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
So, Comey said he was afraid Trump would lie so he made notes. Why? For what purpose would such notes be used? Book? Blackmail? Insurance? Retaliation?

Comey didn't report President Trump's alleged statements to anyone. He didn't tell the President that he thought it was inappropriate either. No. He kept a self-serving record for his own future manipulations, purposes or defense.

The problem for Comey is that he showed today that his "notes" were self-serving. Indeed, he used them that way by leaking confidential info. destined for the press.

At a time when leaking confidential and classified information is a big problem by those wanting to hinder or destroy this presidency, Comey boldly admitted that he leaked his alleged notes to accomplish his political goal of getting a special counsel appointed.

But, if the FBI is so independent and able and capable, why would Comey want a special counsel? Comey testified that he kept the conversation from rank and file FBI investigators to keep the alleged integrity of the investigation. So, why leak it? What purpose did it serve except Comey's own personal agenda?

If Comey had revealed information through the various confidential investigations or processes, the FBI would continue on without knowing the information that Comey testified was so important to keep from investigators - investigators who Comey apparently thought couldn't handle what he alleges.

It is odd that Comey didn't have the courage or simple courtesy to say something to even President Trump at the time. Is it because Comey couldn't wait to get downstairs to allegedly type it up for later gotcha?

Comey comes off as a self-serving political meddler. The FBI should be an investigative entity in a chain of command that extends above Comey with avenues before Trump. The FBM (Matter) is not Comey's political play thing. Comey seems to have testified himself into the truth about who he is and his political objectives.

Half baked investigations should not be introduced into the political discourse. Professionalism should have things shut up tight as the investigation goes on.

Comey has been serially unable to lead in a professional way and even after leaving office, he like Clapper, wants to push political manipulations rather that shut up about what should be confidential.

The reason there is so much turmoil is because things are not supposed to operate like this.

There should be a task force to find and stop leaking. Heavy prosecution and good leadership needs to reinforce professionalism.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I spent the morning at the range. The afternoon in a tae kwon do class. And this evening I'm out on the deck with a cup of good coffee and an Olivia Serie O.

Fuck James Comey.

President Donald Trump is in the Oval Office, and he will be tomorrow and the days after as well. Razz

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
If the ex-FBI Director can leak with impunity, why the hell should any leaker be prosecuted? Why did Comey never catch any leakers or even give an impression That he wanted to and was trying too?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: liner,

Posts: 2094 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am soooo tired of all this winning.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I am soooo tired of all this winning.

I could stand to have some more. (bit of a paraphhrase of Jane from Firefly) Smile

Posts: 5027 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Didn't Comey 'accidently' forget to record a three hour interview with Hitlery about actually criminal offences with regards to classified info, her server and such but was so concerned about Trump that he took meticulous notes during dinner?

These aren't just lies but they are stupid lies and our government on both sides, plus the media, just keep shoveling shit like it actually matters.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
If Comey typed these memos on his computer, there should be evidence of when exactly the documents were created. It might be interesting to see if these so called contemporaneous memos were actually not even written until after he was fired.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17564 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Didn't Comey 'accidently' forget to record a three hour interview with Hitlery about actually criminal offences with regards to classified info, her server and such but was so concerned about Trump that he took meticulous notes during dinner?

These aren't just lies but they are stupid lies and our government on both sides, plus the media, just keep shoveling shit like it actually matters.

Exactly

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
So, Comey said he was afraid Trump would lie so he made notes. Why? For what purpose would such notes be used? Book? Blackmail? Insurance? Retaliation?

Comey didn't report President Trump's alleged statements to anyone. He didn't tell the President that he thought it was inappropriate either. No. He kept a self-serving record for his own future manipulations, purposes or defense.

The problem for Comey is that he showed today that his "notes" were self-serving. Indeed, he used them that way by leaking confidential info. destined for the press.

At a time when leaking confidential and classified information is a big problem by those wanting to hinder or destroy this presidency, Comey boldly admitted that he leaked his alleged notes to accomplish his political goal of getting a special counsel appointed.

But, if the FBI is so independent and able and capable, why would Comey want a special counsel? Comey testified that he kept the conversation from rank and file FBI investigators to keep the alleged integrity of the investigation. So, why leak it? What purpose did it serve except Comey's own personal agenda?

If Comey had revealed information through the various confidential investigations or processes, the FBI would continue on without knowing the information that Comey testified was so important to keep from investigators - investigators who Comey apparently thought couldn't handle what he alleges.

It is odd that Comey didn't have the courage or simple courtesy to say something to even President Trump at the time. Is it because Comey couldn't wait to get downstairs to allegedly type it up for later gotcha?

Comey comes off as a self-serving political meddler. The FBI should be an investigative entity in a chain of command that extends above Comey with avenues before Trump. The FBM (Matter) is not Comey's political play thing. Comey seems to have testified himself into the truth about who he is and his political objectives.

Half baked investigations should not be introduced into the political discourse. Professionalism should have things shut up tight as the investigation goes on.

Comey has been serially unable to lead in a professional way and even after leaving office, he like Clapper, wants to push political manipulations rather that shut up about what should be confidential.

The reason there is so much turmoil is because things are not supposed to operate like this.

There should be a task force to find and stop leaking. Heavy prosecution and good leadership needs to reinforce professionalism.

good post, Tubetone.
Especially:

quote:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
If Comey typed these memos on his computer, there should be evidence of when exactly the documents were created. It might be interesting to see if these so called contemporaneous memos were actually not even written until after he was fired.

"To ensure accuracy, I began to type it on a laptop in an FBI vehicle outside Trump Tower the moment I walked out of the meeting," Comey wrote. Link

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post