SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I read that article. What an asshole. Warner was "disappointed" and was hoping they could put the issue "to rest". No he wasn't. He was mad he didn't get the answer he wanted.

Just proves once again that the democrats are not interested in the truth. They are interested in hurting Trump, and be dammed with the country.

Democrats are no longer my countrymen. They are the enemy of the nation.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of God Damned Commie Senators who are really vicious.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this link is supposedly Comey's complete statement to be made tomorrow

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ressional-testimony/

MHO: what a joke. Comey tries to make President Trump look bad, but has to pull a contortion to the same level that he concluded Clinton should not be prosecuted.

Comey grows smaller and smaller

adding: Comey is so politically naïve (or scheming) that he doesn't understand how important it was to publicly confirm what he told President Trump in private. That Trump himself was not under investigation.

posted Hide Post
I would be jittery if someone demanded that I "stab him in the back".

And now, the anonymous sources that wish to remain anonymous are thinking, "What a whimsical thing to demand!".

But I guess there's not much loyalty between their kind.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
All this winning is making me light headed Big Grin

Here’s more evidence that Trump did the right thing by pulling out of the UN’s Paris climate agreement..

Had the U.S. stayed in it would have been on the hook for a fair chunk of this eye-watering pay demand from India.

Yes, you read that right. Not billion but trillion. That’s $2,500,000,000,000 which India was expecting to be paid over the next 15 years by the Western nations – ie mainly the U.S. – as a bribe for pretending to decarbonize its economy in line with the U.N. Paris agreement.

And, inevitably, it wasn’t just India that wanted its climate Danegeld. So did every other country which could qualify for developing world status. Here, courtesy of Chris Horner, is a document from U.S. climate negotiator Todd Stern. He clearly thinks it’s funny, though I’m not sure I would if I were a taxpayer having to fund it…

In other words, Paris was never really about climate. It was a wealth-redistribution scheme in which rich nations were expected to shower poor nations with free money.

This, of course, is the real reason for the widespread global outrage at Trump’s climate decision.

The pigs have had their enormous trough – stamped “$$$$ courtesy of Uncle Sam” – pulled from beneath their snouts and their instinctive response is to go “Sooooooeeeeee! Soooooeeeeee!”

My two favorite deranged responses so far. This one from The Nation explaining that Trump is Hitler because he sorta, kinda used a phrase vaguely like Hitler once did in one of his speeches.

On September 30, 1942, shortly after the death camps began gassing Jews, Hitler declared, “In Germany too the Jews once laughed at my prophecies. I don’t know whether they are still laughing, or whether they have already lost the inclination to laugh, but I can assure you that everywhere they will stop laughing. With these prophecies I shall prove to be right.”

Five weeks later, he declared, “Today countless numbers of those who laughed at that time, laugh no longer. Those who are still laughing now, also will perhaps laugh no longer after a while.”
On June 1, 2017, Donald Trump announced that he was pulling America out of the Paris climate accord. “At what point does America get demeaned? At what point do they start laughing at us as a country? We want fair treatment for its citizens and we want fair treatment for our taxpayers. We don’t want other leaders and other countries laughing at us anymore, and they won’t be. They won’t be.”

See the similarity? Me neither. Presumably that’s why author Sasha Abramsky has to editorialize desperately:

“It’s not a direct quote from Hitler, but it’s perilously close.”

But I forget. When you’re a liberal, everyone who disagrees with you is Hitler. So I suppose to Nation-readers this article is only stating the obvious.

Even better though, I think, is the announcement by the United Nations that it intends to reject Trump’s offer to renegotiate Paris.

Why is this so funny? Well it’s a bit like the Camp Commandant at Colditz Castle announcing sternly to the prisoners who have daringly escaped that under no circumstances will they ever be allowed inside the wire and back to their lumpy beds and freezing cells.

President Trump has just made what successful escaping prisoners in World War II used to call a Home Run. I doubt he has many regrets about the camp guards he has left behind.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...2-5-trillion-bullet/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5750 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Although there are a lot senators that I despise, Kamala Harris of CA is climbing that list pretty fast.

She has been rudely interrupting people giving testimony to the Senate Intel committee.

But her chain got jerked today.

She interrupted Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein so much that Sen Burr (R, NC) suspended her speaking privileges.

video at link.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...07/untitled-n2337873

Burr called it like it was. It was a smack down.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump Nominates New Set of Federal Judges

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...t-vacancies-n2337965

One of the nominees, Colorado Supreme Court Justice Allison H. Eid, is being tapped by the president to fill a vacancy on the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals created when Justice Neil Gorsuch was confirmed for the Supreme Court in April. Justice Eid was on Mr. Trump’s list of conservative potential Supreme Court nominees that he presented to voters during the presidential campaign last year. She has served on Colorado’s high court since 2006, and previously was the state’s solicitor general. Mr. Trump also nominated U.S. District Court Judge Ralph R. Erickson of North Dakota for the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and said he intends to nominate University of Pennsylvania Law School professor Stephanos Bibas to serve on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Judge Erickson has served on the district court since 2003.

Prominent conservative-libertarian law professor Jonathan Adler joins the chorus of approval: "President Trump continues to put forward superlative judicial nominees with sterling credentials and impressive intellects. It's especially notable that President Trump continues to pick current and former academics for the appellate bench, more so than any recent President. This will only magnify the impact his nominees are likely to have on the federal courts,"

So far, the Senate has confirmed just one of Trump's circuit court selections, but thanks to the Reid Rule, Democrats are powerless to stop any of them without GOP assistance. The upper chamber should move these nominations through as rapidly as possible and continue the crucial work of undoing some of the damage President Obama inflicted by packing these lower courts with liberals.

details here:

President Donald J. Trump today announced his fourth wave of Federal judicial nominees.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the...andidate-nominations

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The demidiots on all the cable channels are getting so hyped up about the Comey testimony that I swear some of them are masturbating under the desk. Can't wait to see what happens when that balloon fizzles flat. Big Grin

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
These TV shows are the new reality TV, produced and staged for dramatic appeal, but not really accomplishing anything other than the opportunity to preen on live TV and internet immortality for the folks back home.

When I was a young boy, I wanted to go to Austin to see the Lege in session. I bugged my mom endlessly. Of course, the Lege only meets for 90 days every other year, so timing is everything.

Eventually, we made the trek. It was splendid. The Texas Capitol is a breathtakingly well done building, kept beautifully. We drove to Austin one morning, parked right up near the building (this was in the mid-50's when you could still drive around Austin as you pleased). We toured the building, in eager anticipation of the daily session. We happened to run into our representative, a local big shot lawyer everyone knew. I went to school with his kids. He was only to happy to explain what we were about to see. Of course, the real work, he explained, the real negotiations, horse trading, fashioning of momentous laws to govern us was done in committees and in private meetings, not on the floor, the speeches, parliamentary maneuvers, etc.

I was so disappointed. All the speech making was just for show, like the circus.

That's how it is now. Those Senators would not miss having themselves on TV for anything. Schumer is the worst, of course.

Anyway, the real info is passed around in all those pre hearing mini conferences. Knowledge is power and you have to get your dose or lose face.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This guy Senator Warner...talk about a dishonest, partisan douche...goodness.

Comey's off to the races. His opening statement is pretty rough on the President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This guy Senator Warner...talk about a dishonest, partisan douche...goodness.

Comey's off to the races. His opening statement is pretty rough on the President.

You have no idea. Used car salesmen and flea market psychics are amazed at how greasy he is.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
All congress cares to do is to have "investigations". I read yesterday there were five separate investigations into the Russia thing. No wonder we can't get anyone confirmed, or any bills passed. All they want is the next sound bite for their re-election campaign. They could care less about this country or it's citizens. Our government is BROKEN. It no longer works for the people they supposedly represent. There are no checks and balances, or accountability. Trump is trying, but he is getting no help from either side. Quite frankly they both want him gone so they can get back to business as usual. The president is term limited, and congress needs to be too. Congressman was never designed to be a full time job.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Comey has more than once already called Trump a straight up liar in this hearing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If Comey says he never spoke about sensitive matters alone with an elected official in DC and didn't feel the need to document what was said, he is a fool or a liar.

In DC, everything these big shots do is documented, the meetings, the phone calls, their whereabouts, when they take a leak, everything.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
To hell with Comey and the rest of these sacks of shit.

Posts: 26945 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they're trying to prove only a "Politician" can negotiate the nuances of public office by uniting to destroy President Trump.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
After flip flopping like a fish, Commie is going for one last hurrah. I hope he keeps getting roasted.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7083 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a key about Comey's testimony - if he really thought President Trump said something terrible about obstruction, then it was Comey's responsibility to then and there immediately state that to the President.

He did not. Comey actually responded to President Trump with ambiguous words that may have led Trump to think Comey agreed.

What a punk Comey has turned out to be. He is not just hurting President Trump, he is helping to stop the changes that the voters sent Trump and the Republicans to accomplish.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Once he testified no one in the Administration asked him to cease or stop the Russia investigation, the hearing should have ended.
There is no crime.

Comey keeps hedging though and several times says he could be wrong about his perceptions.
That will never work in court to convict someone.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post