SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Tell me something positive."

My pleasure.

"Gulf states that long opposed Israel's every move are proposing a rapprochemont in the hopes of restarting the Palestinian peace process.

The development comes just days ahead of historic meetings between President Trump and Middle Eastern leaders. It consists of a draft proposal reportedly offered up by Sunni Muslim Gulf states and offers closer economic and diplomatic ties with Israel in exchange for significant moves in restarting the Palestinian peace process.

The plan, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, is outlined in a draft document circulated by the Gulf states, the mostly Sunni Muslim countries that line the Persian Gulf, including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates, among others.

It could significantly alter the Middle Eastern diplomatic and economic landscape if embraced by the various parties. The proposal would allow Israeli planes to fly through Gulf state airspace and enable direct communications with the Jewish state, both of which today are limited by the long-running hostility in the region. In exchange, the Gulf states reportedly call on Israel to stop building settlements in the West Bank and ease trade restrictions in the Gaza Strip.

The Journal quoted a “senior Arab official” said to be involved in the discussions, who said, “We no longer see Israel as an enemy, but a potential opportunity.”

The report states that the Arab proposal is aimed in part at aligning them with President Trump, who has expressed a willingness to work with them on pushing the various sides toward a new Middle East peace deal. The Journal says that Saudi Arabia and the UAE are among the countries who have told the U.S. and Israel they are willing to open their airspace and allow direct communications, in exchange for the Israeli concessions with the Palestinians..." http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...nian-peace-deal.html

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HawkeyeJohn:
None of this is surprising. None of it. This is what happens when you take on (almost) everyone.

All of this impeachment BS accomplishes two things for the left (and their RINO accomplices):
1. It fires up their base (who actually believe this impeachment stuff) for the midterms.
2. It has halted the legislative agenda.

Trump’s legislative agenda slows to crawl in Congress:
The slowing pace was evident even before Tuesday’s explosive story in The New York Times that ousted FBI Director James Comey wrote in a memo that Trump asked him to end an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn. That came 24 hours after The Washington Post revealed that Trump may have disclosed classified information to Russian officials in a meeting in the Oval Office last week.

“I think it would be helpful to have less drama emanating from the White House,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

What GOP senators and House members aren’t doing right now is passing major legislation, and it’s not just the marquee items like health care and a tax overhaul that are dragging.

The Senate has no legislation on its agenda this week — business is instead limited to three low-profile nominations. The House — fresh off an 11-day recess — is devoting the week to mostly symbolic, feel-good legislation designed to show support for law enforcement. Another 11-day recess, for Memorial Day this time, is just around the corner.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/...o-crawl-in-congress/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I think it would be helpful to have less drama emanating from the White House,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
I think it would be helpful if you got off your fat ass and got on board the Trump train with the people who gave you a majority in the senate to work with. I am totally sick and tired of this worthless, spineless, RINO garbage that keep trying to leave our president hanging out there alone. Its way past time to take out the garbage, 2018 is only months away, and we need to start keeping a list.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The legislative process has been stalled on the ineptitude of Congress. Poor leadership under Ryan and foot dragging among the establishment has not advanced much of any of a legislative agenda.

Getting a health care bill through was a welcome accomplishment of accommodation. But, I haven't seen a lot of presidential bill signing - stall, disarray and delay among the Republicans.

It is a fantasy for those who hate President Trump to hope that this is the beginning of his end but enough about some of the Republicans. Wink

I wish it was a problem of staying on task. Instead, I can't help but wonder if they are on task.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Rush had a good point today in asking:

(paraphrased)

"How many of these (sheep) that are swallowing this 'impeach him' line actually think that an impeachment means Hillary gets his job?"

Lots. Let's just ignore these idiots!

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Let the Dims continue with the impeachment BS that some have been blathering about since the day Trump was elected. Eventually severe fatigue will set in because it ain't gonna happen.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1915 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I think it would be helpful if you got off your fat ass and got on board the Trump train with the people who gave you a majority in the senate to work with. I am totally sick and tired of this worthless, spineless, RINO garbage that keep trying to leave our president hanging out there alone. Its way past time to take out the garbage, 2018 is only months away, and we need to start keeping a list.

Are you expressing this as often as it raises your ire, with the folks who are supposed to represent you?

If not, start hammering at them.

As soon as they realize we are not going to roll over on our stomachs and be used as their bycycle parking racks, the sooner they start thinking that their collective asses are ripe for rail riding right off of Captol Hill.

Start making them sweat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do what tubetone mentioned on previous page...send President Trump an email of support and encouragement. I poated an easy link for doing this some time ago and will repeat now...
www.whitehouse.gov the click "participate", then "express your views", then "contact the white house". Select "contact the President" and go for it.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
These anonymous memos read to reporters can be a real problem.

Let's suppose subpoenas are issued for the "tapes" Comey should be worrying about. Let's suppose those do not exist. Let's suppose the WH truthful response is none exist.

Now some bozo dials up a reporter and reads a memo describing the recording system and the meetings supposedly recorded. Trump must be lying!

Now what?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Putin offers transcripts to prove Trump didn't pass any secrets...
Link Putin Article

This is a major witch hunt, NSA, FBI, CIA, Senate and House D and now a R from MI has mentioned impeachment with regard to Trump and Comey and our friend John McPain is on national news calling it the biggest scandal ever, bigger than watergate.

Link MI R mentions Impeachment
Link to McCain Article

Posts: 24242 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
snip por space>

I'd like to point out that everyone here- including myself- is fortunate, very fortunate to have a place we can turn to which allows us the chance to gain/maintain our perspective on these matters.

snip for space>

Count your blessings. I am.

Absolutely on both counts. In entitled western Washington it is nearly impossible to go anyplace where the refrain is anything other than anti-Trump.

Here, I bask in the light of honest discussion. Even the few lefties that are left keep it civil.

So anytime I have the green glow of the forum in the room I know that at least I am not in the company of back-stabbing absolutists who are breaking their minds trying to wish me into the cornfield.

So thanks guys.

I want to echo this sentiment and also clarify that my previous post was in no way written with an attitude of defeatism. I wasn't feeling so much Chicken Little, as I was Chicken Hawk. The rabid foaming at the mouth over every noise at the door from this barking dog of a left is getting to be unbelievable. I understand and agree that it shouldn't continue to be echoed by any of us and will refrain from doing so. I try to keep tabs on the enemy via the local radio news, but I fully cede that it's not doing me any good lately.

Posts: 17625 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
This is a major witch hunt, NSA, FBI, CIA, Senate and House D and now a R from MI has mentioned impeachment with regard to Trump and Comey and our friend John McPain is on national news calling it the biggest scandal ever, bigger than watergate.

Link MI R mentions Impeachment
Link to McCain Article
Please, for Heaven's sake, just cool it. You don't have to lay that shit at our feet. What did I just say?

Please tell me what is unclear about what I am trying to say here.

I'm suggesting that we ignore this shit and you're bringing it in here and laying it right at our feet, links and all.

I want to be able to read this thread. We don't need to see horse shit to know horse shit exists. This is the only place I can go where I don't have to look at that shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny a couple of us have mentioned writing to President Trump when the storms are bubbling up again and again. I have done that too. Obviously not expecting a response, just enjoying the cathartic aspects of it.

I do feel some empathy for him as a person with so many people gunning for him, especially those who should be allies.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:

Are you expressing this as often as it raises your ire, with the folks who are supposed to represent you?

If not, start hammering at them.

As soon as they realize we are not going to roll over on our stomachs and be used as their bycycle parking racks, the sooner they start thinking that their collective asses are ripe for rail riding right off of Captol Hill.

Start making them sweat.
Daniel Webster is my congressman. I did my part and then some to help him get elected. I recently spoke one on one with him when he was home from Washington, and told him point blank if he doesn't get off his ass and start supporting this president, and by extension 'us', I'd be putting my time and money behind a primary challenger the next time he came up for re-election. Does that impart just how fed up I am with these losers? And my senator, Bill Nelson, isn't worth the breath it would take to call him. He simply needs to go.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daniel Webster is my congressman. I did my part and then some to help him get elected. I recently spoke one on one with him when he was home from Washington, and told him point blank if he doesn't get off his ass and start supporting this president, and by extension 'us', I'd be putting my time and money behind a primary challenger the next time he came up for re-election. Does that impart just how fed up I am with these losers? And my senator, Bill Nelson, isn't worth the breath it would take to call him. He simply needs to go.

Let me ask you, point blank, what you would have him do to "get off his ass and start supporting this President, and by extension, us?"

Does he vote for the President's positions? How about his committee work? What else is there?

There are ideological duvisions in the House:

Ideological divisions in the House,
from April 11, 2017
69 Progressive Caucus
113 Party Democrats
11 Blue Dog Coalition
4 Vacant
48 Tuesday Group
157 Party Republicans
33 Freedom Caucus

How much can he do to make those guys vote the way he wants?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Please, for Heaven's sake, just cool it. You don't have to lay that shit at our feet. What did I just say?

Please tell me what is unclear about what I am trying to say here.

I'm suggesting that we ignore this shit and you're bringing it in here and laying it right at our feet, links and all.

I want to be able to read this thread. We don't need to see horse shit to know horse shit exists. This is the only place I can go where I don't have to look at that shit.

You got it, my mistake...

Posts: 24242 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This will blow over. There is no substance to it. Just tough it out.

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well a bit of good news: Sheriff Clarke has accepted the offer to be DHS deputy secretary!

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Let me ask you, point blank, what you would have him do to "get off his ass and start supporting this President, and by extension, us?"

Does he vote for the President's positions? How about his committee work? What else is there?

There are ideological duvisions in the House:

Ideological divisions in the House,
from April 11, 2017
69 Progressive Caucus
113 Party Democrats
11 Blue Dog Coalition
4 Vacant
48 Tuesday Group
157 Party Republicans
33 Freedom Caucus

How much can he do to make those guys vote the way he wants?

Not to carry anyone elses water, but for starters, he could climb on his soapbox for all to hear and trumpet his unequivocal support for Trump, and disgust at the witch hunt.

He could also call out his colleagues for their lack of support.

For starters...

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Report This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Oh, and remember...

It

Is

Not

Hillary

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Report This Post