SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You have to pace yourselves, guys. All the players are going to remain in place and this will continue.

We're making progress. Pace yourselves.

Agree 100 % Boss!

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by 911Boss,

quote:

I would love to see a media blackout, no interviews, no comments, one page printed press releases on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Choke/starve the media, they just make the shit up anyway.

Oh, and maybe appoint about 6 special prosecutors to investigate the real leaks coming from the intelligence community and close that shit down. The elected officials are supposed to be in charge, not the career beauracrats who lurk in the shadows and don't answer to anyone.

"Where MY free shit?!"

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

I agree. It is getting quite tiresome. I also think a media blackout wouldn't be a bad idea. They have already proven they will just make shit up anyway. He should cut the press off for a bit....let em starve and maybe eat a few of their own for once.

I also agree with you on the leaks. One thing Obama did exceptionally well was control leaks and keep them from happening. Trump will get better at this but of course it takes time...and the balls to clean house big time.

I've pulled back from the media. As Para put it I have realized the need to pace myself, step back a bit and relax. The media has leftists REALLY wound up. They need to be careful how far they push their rhetoric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holy shit what the hell is going on?!

It's what happens when you get only one scoop of ice cream and you really wanted two.

It goes like this. The moment you realize that, no matter what, you only get one scoop your eyes suddenly start to get glassy. Then your blood pressure starts to go up, bite after bite. Yes, you strive to follow the conversation but your eyes unconsciously follow every move...from spoon cutting through that delicacy to mouth and back again. You hear voices, you know that someone might be talking to you but you pay no attention, the heart wants what the heart wants.

By the end you are exhausted. And deeply frustrated. Pleasantries are exchanged, you leave, hop into your car and as soon as the driver exits the gate you tell him, "head to the nearest RaceTrac, I need some yogurt".

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
We are in/approaching VERY dangerous times, the media is leading a radical revolution and the leftist politicians are following their lead.
Watch, the media says or prints and the dems make that the narrative of the day. Things are wound very tight pay attention things can go sideways like a match on gasoline.
NYT WaPo and CNN will make up lies to keep poking the hornets nest.
Trumps honesty created a lot of powerful enemies

Indeed.

Who is 'orchestrating' the message and mis-information that the MSM is putting out?

That's the head of the snake that needs to be exposed.

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's take it easy on the melodrama. I do not want to open this thread and see members acting surprised at what's going on.

You need to maintain an even strain.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109049 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
We are in/approaching VERY dangerous times, the media is leading a radical revolution and the leftist politicians are following their lead.
Watch, the media says or prints and the dems make that the narrative of the day. Things are wound very tight pay attention things can go sideways like a match on gasoline.
NYT WaPo and CNN will make up lies to keep poking the hornets nest.
Trumps honesty created a lot of powerful enemies

"It's dangerous to be an honest man." Michael Corleone

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a media blackout

But for cat videos.

Everybody likes cat videos.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Complaining about what he said were signs of "political schizophrenia" in the United States, he said Trump was not being allowed to do his job properly.

"It's hard to imagine what else can these people who generate such nonsense and rubbish can dream up next,"

"What surprises me is that they are shaking up the domestic political situation using anti-Russian slogans. Either they don't understand the damage they're doing to their own country, in which case they are simply stupid, or they understand everything, in which case they are dangerous and corrupt."

above words are from Vladimir Putin,
pretty sad when Putin makes more sense than every DEM in the country

http://www.reuters.com/article...n-idUSKCN18D1EA?il=0

BTW, I am going w all three: stupid, dangerous, and corrupt

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
a media blackout

But for cat videos.

Everybody likes cat videos.

Maybe that's exactly how it should be handled. The press walks into the room to find nothing but a big screen showing cat videos.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I was upset yesterday. I thought there's no way that he can actually make it to his term in with all this nonsense going on. Nothing can get accomplished, nothing can get done. Everyone is against us.

Then in my mind I saw Para's words: Neil Gorsuch. Not Hillary. It's enough.

Now I am very calm. I can't change any of this. So yes. It's enough.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine you're a soldier during WWII. The cause is absolutely just and the mission is clear. You are on the winning side, but now you find yourself in the Battle of the Bulge. The enemy is besieging your position, morale is low, supplies are nonexistent. Some of your comrades are dying and you can see no end in sight.
Everyone there knows what's happening, everyone there is experiencing it. Everyone sees it, everyone is experiencing it, everyone knows.

Under such circumstances, wailing and gnashing of teeth are futile exercises. Tough it out. Bolster your comrades. Defy the enemy.

posted Hide Post
To the German Commander.

NUTS!

The American Commander

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We all knew this was going to happen...or should have known. The days of peaceful acceptance of Republican presidents/politicians are over. Remember Reagan? How the media let their Leftist slip show in passive aggressive opposition? It has only gotten worse from there. The more Leftward the Dems lurch, the more maniacally they'll act to destroy Republican progress. There is nothing we can do now but vote and influence votes.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
That is what I am going to do.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
"It's dangerous to be an honest man." Michael Corleone

This quote is EXACTLY what is going on with Trump.

I have said a long time ago that if a guy, who is honest and wants to get rid of corruption in DC, ever became President, every single bastard with a stake in the game would crucify him. They would rather kill him than let him proceed.

This is basically what is happening now; the Democrats, the Establishment Republicans, the media, are all in a frenzy to rid of Trump by any means necessary. We have to stay vigilant, back him whenever possible, and hopefully he has the stomach to endure through the war against him. I don't envy his position, only a strong principled human can prevail.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Trump has the bully pulpit and he is not the kind of person to hold back. He is a damn smart man and excels at destroying opposition. The intensity is surprising but it only solidifies my support of Trump and his cause.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When these America-hating commie assholes check to see how we're doing in the face of their assault, what do you want them to see?

You believe with all your heart that we are right, that we are doing the right thing, that our efforts are justified and our cause is just? Then, don't give these destructive children the satisfaction of seeing you upset or worried. It's all they have right now. All they have is the ability to throw tantrums and try to disrupt things, and to then gauge our reactions. Just take it all in stride. Do not give them the satisfaction.

Defy these people. Stay on your feet and with a smile on your face, tell them to go fuck themselves. Just stay the course.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Tough it out. Bolster your comrades. Defy the enemy.

If we take this attitude it will sustain us throughout the battle for America. We cannot allow ourselves to become demoralized by the wild antics of the left. Let them spin around us while we hold a steady course.

Posts: 2589 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Donald is the "face" of "us".

The leftest hate us, but they will not engage us face to face, one on one not take us to a "street fight" or layout a battle, because in their innermost place, where the sanity all men are born with, is held hostage. In that deep dark dungeon, their sane side knows it would lose, biblically.

So, they attack via the media, using the Fox's Playbook(Chicke Little), and stirring up the barnyard.

If you hang around the barnyard, that is all you get, fear, panic and a deafening cacophony.

Walk away.

Fight the lefty's one on one in short "hit and run" tactics.

The left is very afraid, because they see the "sleeping giant", the majority of America waking.

And we are tired of the lies, the deiciet and the continual vandalism to the goodness and good memory of this country.

And as Winston Churchill said: "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Push back.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of arm waving and teeth gnashing about our relationship with Russia.

It has always been difficult, and often we are seen as enemies. But it is useful to know that during WWII, Russia and the US were allies, difficult, where they were problematic, unreliable in many ways. Nevertheless, the material aid they received from the Allies helped keep their enormous army in the field, delivering staggering blows to the Germans (with help from Russian weather, of course) that tied up enormous numbers of Hitler's army, and the support required, food, fuel, weapons, etc., all of which was unable to be used against the western allies.

What does Russia do? They look at the world from the standpoint of their own interests, not necessarily' or often, the same as ours. They can be dealt with, if not as friends, at least cooperatively when our interests intersect.

We would all be better if the world were free of the stench of communism, of course, but "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post