SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
The Lt. Governor for Missouri has stated that he will remove her from the legislature if she does not resign. Governor Greitens has also called for her resignation. Story HERE. I would say her days appear numbered.
Ah, the Colin Kapernick of Missouri politics. Scream racism all you like, but you're history lady. See ya.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Missouri Democratic state senator apologizes for hoping Trump is assassinated

An apology is entirely appropriate, but far from sufficient in this instance. I suspect she knows that she's toast.

The hypocrite invoked Jesus. Nice. You're no Christian, lady. Come to think if it, you're no lady, either.

It is really tough to see how she doesn't lose her job over this.

She has been a very poor example of a state legislator. Like school in the summer.... no class.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Positives from the speech IMHO:

* no "nation-building", but "terrorist killing".
* trust in the Generals to do the job, and not tie their hands.
* did not have to hear "Pockystahn" come out of my President's mouth.

Other positives from the day:

*Mo. Lt Governor- Mike Parsons calling on the Mo. State Senate to expel the hyphen legislator if she doesn't resign.
*The Governor- Eric Greitens- in full support of this. ( very impressive credentials by the way)-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Greitens

* Fla. Gov. Scott taking the LEO killing case away from state atty Aramis Ayala and re-assigning the case to State Atty- Brad King. Ayala stated she would not seek the death penalty for anyone in her tenure.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com...-20170819-story.html

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you have liked to be there? I know I'm not alone. I wish I had been there:

High school students say they were harassed at Howard University for wearing pro-Trump gear

Utterly shameful, and it really demonstrates the absolute insecurity of these idiotic college students. The moment the HS students entered the area, these shameful morns were on them. They've paid money to be made more ignorant when they started. They're so blind, there's no hope for them ever to see the truth. As a matter of fact, it's apparent that they have no desire whatsoever to know the truth. The world has to be how they say it is and there is no room for dissent, and if you do dissent, they will threaten you.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^

What utter insanity, I read a number of the twitter responses on this incident. Simply unbelievable.

From the HUdininghall:

quote:
However, a separate Twitter handle for the school’s dining services tweeted in response to a student: “We will take any action necessary to ensure that HU students feel safe& comfortable in our dining spaces. This group is no longer on campus.”

What did your students need protection from? What threat did this 16 year old pose? Your students need protection from ideas and thoughts? From a campaign slogan?

Your students are the ones who accosted this poor girl, and laid their hands on her while stealing her property?

Who actually needs protection here? Dining hall full of assholes or the two girls?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a joke. These are the people who think they can capture 80 seats in the House in 2018:

DNC cash crunch fuels Dem frustration, questions about Perez leadership

They couldn't find a clue with a handful of clues in a cluefield during clue-mating season.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Positives from the speech IMHO:
* no "nation-building", but "terrorist killing".
* trust in the Generals to do the job, and not tie their hands.
* did not have to hear "Pockystahn" come out of my President's mouth.

I was impressed with his speech. I understand the rationale. He doesn't want our soldiers who have died, to have died for nothing:

Trump Acknowledged His Growth In Office. This was actually a major point: while Trump campaigned on the idea of pulling out of Afghanistan and talked about the situation as a “mess” for years, Trump acknowledged that his perspective had changed after taking responsibility for foreign policy. “My original instinct was to pull out — and, historically, I like following my instincts,” Trump stated. “But all my life I've heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office; in other words, when you're President of the United States. So I studied Afghanistan in great detail and from every conceivable angle. After many meetings, over many months, we held our final meeting last Friday at Camp David, with my Cabinet and generals, to complete our strategy.”

Trump Refused To Pull Out. There are three strategies that could be pursued in Afghanistan: first, pull out; second, massive escalation with the intent of occupying the country and propping up a friendly regime; third, muddling through. Like W. and Obama, Trump is picking the third option. As Trump stated, “A hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum that terrorists, including ISIS and al Qaeda, would instantly fill, just as happened before September 11th.”
This is correct. There aren’t any good choices in Afghanistan.

However... President Trump spent years complaining about America’s involvement in Afghanistan. During the campaign, Trump said that going into Afghanistan in the first place – in response to 9/11 – was a “terrible mistake.”

And after 16 years, what long-term interest are we going to accomplish?
What is the point of this?

Tucker asks some good questions:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

However... President Trump spent years complaining about America’s involvement in Afghanistan. During the campaign, Trump said that going into Afghanistan in the first place – in response to 9/11 – was a “terrible mistake.”

Tucker asks some good questions.

Exactly.

I used to think we had good reason to be in Afghanistan, now I don't think we ever had good reason to be in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, President Trump just took ownership of the war in Afghanistan.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
After both Obama terms - which were as defined by his continuation of the Bush Doctrine regarding war and GITMO and the 'Stans as much as anything else, which was so very contrary to his liberal/pussified leanings - I've decided there must be reasons we aren't privy to, otherwise we'd have pulled out of all of those places ages ago. I see this as Trump confirming those realities, ones well above our paygrades, and beyond my need to worry.

If three Presidents in a row think we need to be over there, perhaps they're right.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Tucker asks some good questions.

Exactly.

I used to think we had good reason to be in Afghanistan, now I don't think we ever had good reason to be in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, President Trump just took ownership of the war in Afghanistan.

There may be a good many factors that make it advisable to "be" in Afghanistan, but if we are going to, why not fight it as a war?

In the old days, a war was serious, violent, no holds barred, Large armies captured ground, sought out opposing forces, inflicted great violence on them, and made them like it.

Are there objectives? Why not attain them now?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Mark Martin was my favorite NASCAR driver. Glad to this from him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rampant stupidity

Is that company publicly traded? If so, they're screwing their stockholders, all for the little ego of the CEO.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Mark Martin was my favorite NASCAR driver. Glad to this from him.

Love it! Wonder how their shareholders feel about his comments?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark Martin was always seen as the reasonable man in the NASCAR crowd. What would Mark Martin do? Often asked, now we know. Right on.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've heard the same question raised about Korea, among others.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is that company publicly traded? If so, they're screwing their stockholders, all for the little ego of the CEO.

"In early October 2016 Camping World raised $251 million in an initial public offering. The 11.4 million shares sold for $22 each. Lemonis co-owns the company with private equity firm Crestview Partners and plans to retain "substantial control" through his ownership of ML Acquisition and ML R.V. Group."

Link

Marcus Lemonis = CEO

Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/marcus.lemonis/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/search?q=M...serp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

Email Address: marcus@marcuslemonis.com

Everyone let him know what you think of his ridiculous behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Camping World

Camping World Holdings | NYSE: CWH

5 day chart

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I thought I read Martin had retracted that statement after speaking with the CEO personally.

The CEO is probably LOVING how he injected politics into his business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I thought I read Martin had retracted that statement after speaking with the CEO personally.

Hmmm, I really hope not.

But it matters not in any case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post