SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Para, you are absolutely right. I have engauged a few leftists in spirited "debates" on social media. My cocksure attitude, joyous praise and support of trump all while laughing at their misery and bogus claims sends em into orbit. They literally melt down.

They want us upset and doubting ourselves. They want us to feel like impeachment is a real possibility. I want as many of them as I can to know I'm laughing at them and their furious misery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of thoughts in a parallel universe.

Leaks. Prepare a list of usual suspects and a list of absurd statements. Arrange meeting, one by one, separately, and for each meeting pronounce an absurd statement. Example, "I have decided to ask Congress for a declaration of war against NK". Watch what the MSM reports. It's not like it has never been done before.

MSM "journalists". By all known accounts President Trump has a very good sense of humor. Embarrass them with humor. It works better than a frontal assault. The best offense is a joke. I hear Tim Allen is available. Put him in charge of the Department of the Eternal Discountenance, Adjunct-White House.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Humor is one hell of a weapon against the left. Look at how Milo has weaponized his sense of humor and become a fabulous flamethrower against leftist scum. On the other hand look at how the left has seemingly lost their sense of humor. Colbert comes to mind immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe that's exactly how it should be handled. The press walks into the room to find nothing but a big screen showing cat videos.

(CNN) Breaking News! Trump hates dogs!

Retort. Get a Presidential Cat and Dog. Name them Ren & Stimpy. Or Honey Badger and Hippo.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I was about to open a "I loathe the Republican Party" thread, but let me just say that here. They did nothing but try to subvert Trump during the election, and now many of them are continuing that, while the rest just stand around with their thumbs up their ass. Here is an article about the failure of the Republican Party to support President Trump during these weeks of non-stop attack from the Democrats and their "media."

https://www.bloomberg.com/poli...gles-to-chart-course

Trump has always had only one support group: the people. Some of his celebrity supporters-- Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh-- have begun to waver. More than ever it's up to us to let him know that we the people understand how much is at stake for our country at this historical moment, and that we appreciate and support President Donald Trump. We need big rallies this summer, all across the country. Does anyone know if something like that is in the works?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
The MSM has reached "Peak Meltdown": Peak Meltdown

quote:
Media Reach Peak Meltdown Over Comey Memo, Russian Disclosure
Fresh pair of Trump controversies has press demanding impeachment, suggesting people will die
by Jim Stinson | Updated 17 May 2017 at 8:08 AM

Frenzied for months in the pursuit of a smoking gun to fatally topple the credibility of the administration, the media have become apoplectic over a quick succession of controversies now beleaguering the Trump White House.

Following a week dominated by press outrage over the firing of FBI Director James Comey, and defiant follow-up remarks made by Trump, The Washington Post alleged Monday the president improperly disclosed classified information to Russian officials during a meeting on May 10.

Trump reportedly spoke about intelligence — obtained by Israelis, according to The New York Times — regarding an alleged ISIS plot to use laptop computers as hidden bombs. The intelligence was classified, although a U.S. president can declassify material and speak with foreign leaders about such information, especially when it involves potentially imminent terrorist threats.

Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, said the president did not divulge “sources and methods” to the Russians. McMaster noted on Tuesday that a Russian airliner was blown up by Islamic terrorists in October 2015, and suggested a mutual concern took over the meeting.

[Go to URL to view imbedded video of Wolf Blitzer addressing the alleged "Comey Memo"]

And the media were generally proud they overplayed it. At The Washington Post, the newsroom broke into applause as the story surpassed the Post's own record for most readers-per-minute originally set by the "Hollywood Access" story, according to Glenn Kessler, the Post's "fact checker" columnist. The "Hollywood Access" story was the Trump scandal during the campaign in which the Post discovered an 11-year-old audiotape of Trump engaging in lewd talk with Billy Bush.

Bashing Trump is good business, and the newsroom has gotten the message.

And there are other messages being sent. At CNN on Tuesday, Trump supporter and former Navy SEAL Carl Higbie was told on air not to question sources and reporters about anonymous sources.

Here are some more examples that appear to prove that the media have long since left behind reporting — increasingly, even purportedly neutral anchors and hosts are on an open mission to expel Trump from the White House.

Impeachment?

CNN's Wolf Blitzer wasted no time late Tuesday in taking the second major controversy to strike the White House this week and use it to demand the impeachment of the president.

The New York Times reported late Tuesday that fired FBI Director James Comey had generated a memo to record that Trump had asked him to consider ending the investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

CNN's legal analyst, extreme liberal Jeff Toobin, said the memo could prove an impeachable offense.

Blitzer then ambushed the next guest, and asked about — the holy grail for the Left in their long war with Trump — impeachment.

"You heard Jeff Toobin say, if this is true, if the president asked the FBI to end the investigation into Michael Flynn as former national security adviser, you heard Jeffrey Toobin say it would be an obstruction of justice, and potentially that could be impeachable," said Blitzer. "An impeachable offense."

Blitzer's guest, Sen. Angus King, an independent from Maine, said it could be. Never mind that impeachment needs an underlying offense. No one knows yet if the memo exists, or if Trump's "hopes" can be illegal. No one even knows for sure if Flynn has committed a crime that the Department of Justice intends to prosecute. Also, CNN forgets the acting director of the FBI — Comey's former deputy — Andrew McGabe — told a Senate panel last week that no, Trump never tried to impede the so-called Russia investigation, which involves Flynn.

Nevertheless, Blitzer didn't ask only King. The next guest brought on by the CNN anchor, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), was also asked pointedly if the report could constitute an impeachable offense.

How Do We Undermine Trump With Trump Voters?

During a media panel called 92Y on Monday night, CNN "Reliable Sources" host Brian Stelter and a panel guest unwittingly exposed a major objective for the anti-Trump media.

Stelter was moderating a panel discussion with British journalist Harold Evans, Time magazine's Nancy Gibbs, and the infamous Dan Rather.

Stelter, discussing the Washington Post story on disclosures to Russian officials, asked Rather if Trump is "competent to be president."

Rather called the behavior described by The Post as "dangerously reckless."

Evans, the editor of The Sunday Times from 1967 to 1981, then asked: "How do we get the Trump voter to believe it?"

The admission of that goal, tweeted by Stelter, brought an immediate rebuke from Amy Walter, editor of the Cook Political Report.

"That's not job of media," tweeted Walter. "Job is to give info and facts not to MAKE anyone believe/behave certain way."

CNN, Again

Perhaps the most bizarre example of post-Russia hysteria was the ever-odd Brooke Baldwin of CNN, who anchors the liberal-leaning network from 2 to 4 p.m.

Baldwin mistook what McMaster said on Tuesday, suggesting Trump didn't know the sensitivity of information shared with the Russians.

But that's not what McMaster said. What McMaster said was Trump didn't know the source or where it came from. That's a key difference, because it indicates Trump did not know he was discussing sensitive material given to the United States by Israel.

Indeed, as Byron York of the Washington Examiner re-emphasized on Twitter, the information was flagged by the National Security Council after Trump's Russia meeting as too sensitive to discuss.

Baldwin then zeroed in on Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), asking him if people would die because of Trump's leak.

When Zeldin said no, Baldwin lost it, grilling him on why.

Former CIA Director: Disclosure Firestorm May Be ‘Just Kind of a Flap’
Woolsey says Trump has 'right to declassify material,' but leak to media 'absolutely' illegal
As of Tuesday night, a new hysteria had just begun, shifting the topic from Russia back to Comey. Trump was reportedly considering a staff shake-up, even a new press secretary.

A watchdog of media bias said a staff shake-up won't change the anti-Trump hysteria.

"I believe it doesn't matter who the spokesman is, [Trump aides] are target practice," said Tim Graham, director at the Media Research Center, in an email to LifeZette. "You can't 'fix' it with a new spokesman."

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They want us upset and doubting ourselves. They want us to feel like impeachment is a real possibility. I want as many of them as I can to know I'm laughing at them and their furious misery.

Yes. Laugh at them.
Their impeachment talk is just silly. They don't have the votes.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
And we thought Bush Derangement Syndrome was bad. These fools are taking it to heights I never thought possible.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
It may not count for much, but I just sent emails to both Senators and my Congressman, Republicans all of them, to get some backbone and do a lot better job of supporting the President.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have to stop watching any news programs or going to any news websites for a while. I'm serious. Just stop watching that crap. What good is it doing you? What good is seeing that stuff and spreading that misery to those around you?

Just try to take it easy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
It may not count for much, but I just sent emails to both Senators and my Congressman, Republicans all of them, to get some backbone and do a lot better job of supporting the President.

The RINOs may lack a backbone, but that's not why they aren't supporting him. You think all the leaks are coming from holdovers from the previous administration?

Para is right. I'll read the headlines on Drudge because I like to stay informed, but I'm not watching the news or listening to talk radio for a while.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What I said about Trump using the bully pulpit just happened. Trump delivered an absolutely incredible commencement speech to the USCG Academy graduating class of 2017. I am the son of a Coast Guard pilot, I grew up on USCG airbases. The United States Coast Guard is VERY special to me. If I had been allowed to write his speech I could not have done a better job and I'm pretty fucking incredible at speechwriting Wink. His advice towards the middle of his speech about being treated unfairly and how to handle it was excellent!

If you have not already witnessed his speech I HIGHLY recommend it. That commencement speech was perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And forgive me, but beyond suggesting that we affect a calm demeanor in the face of this insanity, I'd like to point out that everyone here- including myself- is fortunate, very fortunate to have a place we can turn to which allows us the chance to gain/maintain our perspective on these matters.

Just think if you relied on TV news and their websites to inform you. You can come here and sanity shall prevail, and you can get your bearings from people you know and trust.

Count your blessings. I am.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just stop watching that crap. What good is it doing you?

X1000

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I am paying less and less attention to the political news these days since the Left is FRANTIC about firing up their base to go out and vote in the midterms, that's all this is about.

I still think they are going to have an even bigger wake up call next year and in 2020 when they get their asses kicked yet again.

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
snip por space>

I'd like to point out that everyone here- including myself- is fortunate, very fortunate to have a place we can turn to which allows us the chance to gain/maintain our perspective on these matters.

snip for space>

Absolutely on both counts. In entitled western Washington it is nearly impossible to go anyplace where the refrain is anything other than anti-Trump.

Here, I bask in the light of honest discussion. Even the few lefties that are left keep it civil.

So anytime I have the green glow of the forum in the room I know that at least I am not in the company of back-stabbing absolutists who are breaking their minds trying to wish me into the cornfield.

So thanks guys.

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What you say about the news is true, Para, and some months ago I went for a period of time watching no news at all-- and I felt much better. Their stories are designed to either make you angry or fearful. So watching the news = a steady diet of anger and fear.

And on top of that, the anger and fear is generated by lies. Fake news.

The really big story of these days is one they don't even touch. And that is that for the first time in my memory, and maybe for the first time since 1860, a huge chunk of the country has rejected "the peaceful transfer of power" that was one of America's hallmarks. The losers have been doing everything they can think of, no matter how base, how false, how treacherous, to remove the duly elected POTUS from office.

That is the real story. And it's big news.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
And forgive me, but beyond suggesting that we affect a calm demeanor in the face of this insanity, I'd like to point out that everyone here- including myself- is fortunate, very fortunate to have a place we can turn to which allows us the chance to gain/maintain our perspective on these matters.

Just think if you relied on TV news and their websites to inform you. You can come here and sanity shall prevail, and you can get your bearings from people you know and trust.

It is funny you should post that because I think about that often. I live in NY and am surrounded by leftist ideology. Sometimes I wonder, "Am I wrong on this?" and then I come here and regain my strength. It's like plugging in and recharging. I am fortunate to have a sane, like minded place to reaffirm my beliefs. All because I wanted a little info on the Sig 226 Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
None of this is surprising. None of it. This is what happens when you take on (almost) everyone.

The late Andrew Breitbart said - "Politics is downstream of culture". Ain't it the truth?

The real battle is upstream and as the guardrails of Western Civilization come crashing down... please remember to buckle up.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I send the President encouraging emails whenever the left spikes to a new level of hysteria.

It seems a positive outlet.

Just a few minutes ago, someone came stumbling through the door after hearing incessant leftist news and said, "Tell me something positive." That's fairly easy.

Living in a leftist world view would be quite a downer. That same downer message led to their last failed election. No vision, only destructive comments about others trying to lead.

President Trump is making great strides nationally and around the world. I can hardly remember the time when so many Mideast leaders were looking forward to meeting our President to make a safer, more peaceful world.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post